PDA

View Full Version : Record label owners and independent artists Please help me

platform1
26-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Im doing a music production course and got a bitchin essay to do on record labels Vs independently releasing music.

Im really struggling with this one but im sure theres a few record label owners or artsits who have sold music independently on this board who can help me out with a few research questions.

If you dont want to divulge some information you dont have to answer all the questions but any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Alternativly if you dont want the information displayed on a public forum please PM me. however it could end up a nice discussion topic (would also help my assignment ;)

Questions for record labels

How much do you promote your releases, where do you promote and do you have a budget for advertisting space on the internet or elswhere?

Also how much do you rely on contacts to promote your releases

Do you get a discount from digital distributers the more music you release or do you release just from your own website. Hows that work?

Questions for Independent artists

Have you had stuff released on record labels previously? if so what was the difference in sale from when releasing independently?

Where are you selling the music? beatport etc

How much do you promote? is it all promotion for free.. myspace etc? or do you have a budget to pay for advertising

Cheers for your time and any info you can give

davethedrummer
03-12-2008, 05:33 AM
Im doing a music production course and got a bitchin essay to do on record labels Vs independently releasing music.

Im really struggling with this one but im sure theres a few record label owners or artsits who have sold music independently on this board who can help me out with a few research questions.

If you dont want to divulge some information you dont have to answer all the questions but any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Alternativly if you dont want the information displayed on a public forum please PM me. however it could end up a nice discussion topic (would also help my assignment ;)

Questions for record labels

How much do you promote your releases, where do you promote and do you have a budget for advertisting space on the internet or elswhere?

Also how much do you rely on contacts to promote your releases

Do you get a discount from digital distributers the more music you release or do you release just from your own website. Hows that work?

Questions for Independent artists

Have you had stuff released on record labels previously? if so what was the difference in sale from when releasing independently?

Where are you selling the music? beatport etc

How much do you promote? is it all promotion for free.. myspace etc? or do you have a budget to pay for advertising

Cheers for your time and any info you can give

I'll chuck you a few answers if you like
I'll PM them to you.

platform1
05-12-2008, 12:33 PM
You king... RDR said hed help with some questions on record labels... thing are looking up

Cheers mate

278d7e64a374de26f==