PDA

View Full Version : Disco Destroyer - Techno

djfilthmonger
28-11-2008, 09:18 PM
okay heres one i have been working on all week. i didnt bother compressing it . I dont understand too much maybe some feedback will help.
kinda going for a stomping track i think its a stage where i just need some good feedback to help develop it more , i pretty sure the track is filled up quiet well but my ears are open to feedback. all the feedback on this forum has been great . so give a listen and tell me what u think. cheers ..
http://rapidshare.com/files/168345801/Disco_Destroyer.mp3

DannyBlack
28-11-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm gonna give this a listen when I get home mate, no sound on this PC at all. From what I heard last night, you have a good thing going.

djfilthmonger
28-11-2008, 09:42 PM
its beefed up since last nite mate cheers for the tips by the way. when we going to collabarte

DannyBlack
28-11-2008, 09:47 PM
When I know how to make tunes :lol:

djfilthmonger
28-11-2008, 09:55 PM
come off it bai. i have heard some pounders from you. you have some tricks up ur sleeves. its a learning curb. i still have a long way to go

fils_here
30-11-2008, 05:24 PM
little different that, nice riff you got going there, sounds ok man, i don't know much about compressing & stuff myself as i aint been producing very long.

djfilthmonger
02-12-2008, 10:39 AM
did anyone else give this a listen, any feed back welcome. cheers

DannyBlack
02-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Well horse balls, yeah gave it a second blast last night. Sounds like a pounder and it is a little off the beaten techno track which I like. I think some sick bass rumbles every now and then would be of massive benefit. I will show you some compression techniques of mine if you want too mate, I don't know much but what I do is yours.

Have you done anything more with this tune?

djfilthmonger
02-12-2008, 02:48 PM
cheers bud, nah havent touched it yet,

tonyc2002
02-12-2008, 09:40 PM
You may take this as an insult but you really shouldn't! :lol:

It reminds me of old school hard trance! It's got a nice, simple, catchy melody. The kick sounds warm although I think it may be struggling for dominance with the bass. Maybe try rolling off some off the lows on the bass? :)

PS
Its in mono!!!!!!! Stereo FTW :lol:

djfilthmonger
02-12-2008, 10:03 PM
You may take this as an insult but you really shouldn't! :lol:

It reminds me of old school hard trance! It's got a nice, simple, catchy melody. The kick sounds warm although I think it may be struggling for dominance with the bass. Maybe try rolling off some off the lows on the bass? :)

PS
Its in mono!!!!!!! Stereo FTW :lol:

hard trance ha ha.
i have being thinking about the bass and kick a lot , im definitely going to fiddle ard with the sounds again.

mono is the way forward ha ha,
cheers for feedback ,

force
27-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Not over keen on the intro to this, but from 1;40 all the elements work well together, melody wise. Got some nice things going on in this, i reckon if you tried applying a filter modulated by an LFO to add some nice subtle(or not so subtle) movement to the track. The intro i dont think really leads into the main part of the track very well, but again, maybe with some filtering it could blend a bit better. I know you use Reason, but have you ever had a go with ableton? I say this because i found it great to render loops from reason to play in ableton, or even rewire reason into ableton. It will give you many more 'intuative options when it comes to making your tracks.

Keep plugging tho dude, you've obviously got a passion for it, and you learn from everything you try out.
Bit pissed, hope i made some sense..

Little_Fella!
30-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Darren (Force) is definitely one to take note of in this situation - - he is a master of movement, by taking simple elements and making them complex...

With this track you have a nice main riff - - imagine it becoming rather big and controlling the dancefloor - - I can see that you want subtlety - - but it could be sooooooo much bigger

Good structure by the way but I have to point to the 'plastickness' of some of the sounds - - move away from 'samples' as quick as you can - - i have followed this path and finally found it don't work - - at all....

Like the bass so give that a shove - - use a bass enhancer like Baxxpander - - then reign it back a bit n watch your levels, and put a low cut filter on it

Your main riff n lead sounds need chorus n such like effects to make them wider - - you must play with theez and learn them well - - as they will serve you well in the future... :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==