PDA

View Full Version : help understanding how a certain bassline is made

ronlaboa
29-11-2008, 02:29 AM
hi guys ive been trying to understand how a certain bassline is made, not to copy it but just trying to figure out how its done its off a track called pump dept on routemaster 45
i havent got a sound sample but i was hoping someone on here has heard it and could explain how that bendy type of bassline is made cos ive tried and tried and it frustrates me so much, any help would be much appreciated. thank you

JamieBall
29-11-2008, 03:01 AM
play your synth and physically bend it as it's running. It might snap, but it's an expensive business this music lark - you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs eh :)

Lokito303
21-12-2008, 11:46 PM
maybe programing a lfo to modulate the bend to get it tight and right? just a guess, i'm not sure myself! i will try it now though.

rhythmtech
22-12-2008, 12:38 AM
hi guys ive been trying to understand how a certain bassline is made, not to copy it but just trying to figure out how its done its off a track called pump dept on routemaster 45
i havent got a sound sample but i was hoping someone on here has heard it and could explain how that bendy type of bassline is made cos ive tried and tried and it frustrates me so much, any help would be much appreciated. thank you

its just a simple 4 note arpeg repeated and pitched up and down.. nothing complex at all. any bend is probably from overlapping midi notes.

tech_smack
03-01-2009, 01:16 AM
i like that bassline! no idea how to make it though! u have any luck?

RDR
03-01-2009, 10:14 AM
I havnt heard it but from Rhythmtock's description about over lapping notes i suspect its got the 'Glide' amount turned up, this is otherwise known as the portamento control. It could also be set into a mono-legato mode.

This control can be used to make a synth glide between two notes in pitch, the control its self relates to the time it takes for the synth to glide between these two or more notes. It can be used when playing to create smooth sounding analog single not leads, such as those used in west coast hip hop, or can be used to create bendy bass riffs, like on a fretless bass.

jon connor
04-01-2009, 03:17 AM
if you are using cubase try click on the sample , wav , or midi if u block , highlight, then go to the top of arange window and scroll up or down on the transpose and modulate , .

if not cubase try in wot ever other sequencer you are using to pitch up or down, .

good midi synth for bass TRILOGY BASE STATION
OR nexus "2 i use both mate brilliant software for base dude.

ronlaboa
05-01-2009, 05:42 PM
nice one guys have been messin round with glide more and lfos got some nice basslines
cheeers

278d7e64a374de26f==