Insomnia
01-12-2008, 09:38 AM
No sure what he was doing there, cost me in my dream team though! :angry:

xes
01-12-2008, 10:46 AM
twas funny as f*ck,it was like he thought "AARRGGHH,THE BALL!!"

Will
01-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah, bit strange that one, I don't know what was going through his head there!

Microdot
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Was talking about this with a couple of bitter blues yesterday.

Forgetting about the first yellow being pretty harsh for a minute, the second offence wasn't a yellow in my opinion.

Contrary to popular opinion, deliberate handball is NOT a yellow card offense.
Unsporting behaviour IS a yellow card offense, and deliberate handball usually falls into this category, because a player deliberately handling the ball is usually trying to gain an unfair advantage in some way (e.g. trying to stop the ball going into the box from a cross or trying to handle the ball into the net like Maradona or Scholes).
Deliberate handball that prevents a clear goal scoring chance (i.e. stopping it going in the net) is a red card, in the same way as bringing down a player who is through on goal.
In this case though, Ronaldo wasn't trying to gain any advantage by handling the ball, he wasn't trying to knock it in the net or take it away from another player, he was just trying to protect his self perceived good looks, so therefore it wasn't unsporting behaviour and, as a result, not a yellow card.

He says he thought the whistle had gone and that's why he did it. Silly cunt.

I'm just hoping he's suspended for the league cup game vs. the sister fisters and not the prem game vs. Spurs. Not sure exactly how it works with 2 yellows.

278d7e64a374de26f==