PDA

View Full Version : Muted Tom 1 shot samples.

DannyBlack
01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Anyone know of where I can get some of these? I hate Tom's they sound shit IMO, but with a mute ring they sound absolutely savage. Does anyone know where I can get me greasy hands on some?

The_Laughing_Man
01-12-2008, 05:38 PM
use normal toms and cut back the release then add a bit of a low pass to simulate the mute ring effect?

DannyBlack
01-12-2008, 05:59 PM
I tried putting it through a filter before, but I didn't try the release at all. Hmmm... cheers for the tip matey.

The thing that bugs me about Toms is that "duUUUuuung" sound. My little brother is a drummer and we were yapping about drums and he showed me the toms with the mute ring. It sounds so nice.

BloodStar
01-12-2008, 06:05 PM
try also gated tom combined with early refflection reverb.
then you can add some modulation, delays, etc.

loopdon
01-12-2008, 06:41 PM
I tried putting it through a filter before, but I didn't try the release at all. Hmmm... cheers for the tip matey.

The thing that bugs me about Toms is that "duUUUuuung" sound. My little brother is a drummer and we were yapping about drums and he showed me the toms with the mute ring. It sounds so nice.

Record him, eh? :yup:

The_Laughing_Man
01-12-2008, 06:56 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean, I`ve been drumming since I was a wee nipper, and it is hard to get a good "real" drum sound.

TO make toms more attractive in sample form I just cut the release down, but also when I was drumming on accoustic kits (I use electronic now) I used to down tune my toms ridiculously. Sounded sexy.

Record your brothers kit.

DannyBlack
01-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, I`ve been drumming since I was a wee nipper, and it is hard to get a good "real" drum sound.

TO make toms more attractive in sample form I just cut the release down, but also when I was drumming on accoustic kits (I use electronic now) I used to down tune my toms ridiculously. Sounded sexy.

Record your brothers kit.

Yeah, I asked him to record hits for me a while back but he is in college so his schedule is full. (too busy gettin high).

Next time I head over to england I will record him.

Milesy
15-01-2009, 04:59 PM
I love toms for rhythm :D

278d7e64a374de26f==