PDA

View Full Version : RIP Pinnacle & Neuton

detfella
03-12-2008, 01:39 PM
is this true??

Louk
03-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Neuton is - I saw it on facebook on Yin Yang's page.

MITA
03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
The vinyl distribution house, Neuton, are seemingly in a bad financial state. According to news from several persons dealing with Neuton on a professional level they will declare their insolvency on Monday the 1st of December.

Original text: “(…) I just got the bad news today that our vinyl distributor, Neuton, will make an official announcement on Monday that they have filed for insolvency (…)” After the collapse of the japanese distributor Cisco, the whole label scene and the distributors were under extreme pressure. We asked again and this was the reply: “We’d rather not forward the private emails, however I can say we’ve heard the news indirectly from two sources that have been in contact with Neuton at the top level...

taken from Livesets.com
Source & more read : http://blog.foem.info/?p=2003

Athar
03-12-2008, 04:10 PM
no distributors = no shops = no vinyls

and finally we will stay with just poor quallity mp3
it suck balls

MITA
03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
but make yar sweet wavs and theres the victory :lol:

nah ..it sucks bigtime

MARK ANXIOUS
04-12-2008, 12:02 AM
this is awful. a huge blow for our music in more ways than most ppl realise.

snooch
04-12-2008, 03:11 AM
This blows. Neuton promos are some of the only way I was able to get new release, smaller label techno vinyl here in middle America. There just isn't a big scene here and Neuton promos were one of the only ways to get fresh new tracks other than the usual suspects. :(

RDR
04-12-2008, 08:27 AM
this is awful. a huge blow for our music in more ways than most ppl realise.

You're not kidding

I was talking to a retailler i know last night and he has 500+ orders paid for which he cant get. its a disaster, in particular for the 75 people who lost their jobs at Pinnacle.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=9972

People being distro'd by pinnacle include:

Rough Trade
Ministry of sound
R+S

This is MASSIVE.

DannyBlack
04-12-2008, 01:18 PM
This is incredibly bad news for vinyl pushers/players and the people employed by the companies. But you know what, I don't see this being the end of things. So vinyl is on the down turn, so is everything else. The current economic climate is not good for consumerism. for now. It might be the end for now, but these things always come and go in cycles.

I hope it picks up again, for the sake of all involved.

278d7e64a374de26f==