PDA

View Full Version : another hawtin interview....

Andy_n
05-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Get your hair cut!!!
http://www.yournight.ie/play.php?vid=909

DannyBlack
05-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Bloody hell the buffering times for that site are bad. He is defo rocking that luke skywalker look haha

jon connor
05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
beep beep beep beeep jesus how people actually dance to this shite grow sum balls richie give us sum minus orange style back man

The Overfiend
05-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Lemmings just need a sound to dance.

jon connor
05-12-2008, 10:35 PM
lemings you aint kidding and this is supposed to be highly technical stuff by highly rated technical luke sky walker type probably on a few thousand quid a set richie hawtin man this stuff is crazy makes my blood boil shite i say shite was the matter withem "GET SUM BOLLOX" Like you used to boy .

Smear
05-12-2008, 11:29 PM
There are people with a tenth of Hawtin's talent making ten times the amount of money he's making, surely that makes your blood boil 100 times more?

The_Laughing_Man
05-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Better to go through your life with growth and change than repeat the same thing all you life like a robot.
I`m not into what he does, but I`m glad he does it.
It would be terrible if he went backwardsa and started doing minus orange again. and it would be very un-techno.

davethedrummer
06-12-2008, 12:07 AM
yes but the beard though....i mean....come on
beards.....and techno...thats just sick

he needs to join coldplay or something
then he can walk around the highlands of scotland in a tartan shirt
and look all tough and manly in the rain and wind.
with his beard

The_Laughing_Man
06-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Bugger off drummer:angry: I`ve got a magicians beard and it`s RAW SEX!!:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
21st century techno beards are the future!!!!

Smear
06-12-2008, 02:19 AM
To suggest that he's somehow sold out AFTER Minus Orange, the track where he very very VERY heavily samples a very very well known piece of pop music is a bit ludicrous is it not? I suppose if he jacked it up to 160bpm and started using Wu Tang samples he'd take a bit less flak, yes?

I'm not a that big a fan of his and never really was, but the amount of abuse he gets is unreal. All because in the 90s he pandered to the crowds of a couple of harder techno clubs, hard techno fans think they own him and assume that's what he was born to play. It's actually quite funny, it's like being in the gabba scene again and hearing people talk about Carl Cox, haha.

jon connor
06-12-2008, 02:52 PM
yes but the beard though....i mean....come on
beards.....and techno...thats just sick

he needs to join coldplay or something
then he can walk around the highlands of scotland in a tartan shirt
and look all tough and manly in the rain and wind.
with his beard

ahhhhhhhhbahhhhh hahahahahahahahaha!

jon connor
06-12-2008, 03:03 PM
To suggest that he's somehow sold out AFTER Minus Orange, the track where he very very VERY heavily samples a very very well known piece of pop music is a bit ludicrous is it not? I suppose if he jacked it up to 160bpm and started using Wu Tang samples he'd take a bit less flak, yes?

I'm not a that big a fan of his and never really was, but the amount of abuse he gets is unreal. All because in the 90s he pandered to the crowds of a couple of harder techno clubs, hard techno fans think they own him and assume that's what he was born to play. It's actually quite funny, it's like being in the gabba scene again and hearing people talk about Carl Cox, haha.

na mate just the music he plays and makes now is quite frankly CRAP! oh yea wasent just onabout minus orange the were others you no , look each to are own mate ive been around long enough to see the best and the worst of richie hawtin so i guess its just me each to there own aye!

ive witnessed this first hand in ibiza i went along check him out and er naaa dancing around with a flower in my hair to somthing that goes beep beep beep bop bop , jesus my washing machine sounds better and then if you time it right mabey the dinga ling on ya microwave can be used .

anway ggabba i like infact my mate mike teknoist blows my head off with his new stuff everytime he comes round u see stuff i dont play not really into but apreciate it for wot it is not that i can say the about hawtin.

gunjack
21-12-2008, 11:33 PM
orange sucked

The Overfiend
22-12-2008, 01:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGwonG3iGaI

RitchieP
22-12-2008, 09:16 AM
u lot just dont get the minimal scene. There's more to it than just the music, thats what hawtin is on about.Its a lifestyle change. Think cool clothes fit birds ect ect you just dont get fit birds slogging it out to 160bpm washing machine techno, its all about the groove of minimL. i been ibiza twice now and can say i'm completly converted, wastching the sunrise, battered on mdma and grooving to some minimal techno and everything made sense. i think it has a lot with taste muchuring aswell, i'm 21 now, so feel alot more grown up, know where my head is at ect ect just my 2 sents ....,,

Darkmode
22-12-2008, 12:05 PM
160 BPM is a bit relentless it's too fast tunes at that BPM that are just bang bang bang is soulless

eppertheleper
28-12-2008, 02:05 AM
u lot just dont get the minimal scene. There's more to it than just the music, thats what hawtin is on about.Its a lifestyle change. Think cool clothes fit birds ect ect you just dont get fit birds slogging it out to 160bpm washing machine techno, its all about the groove of minimL. i been ibiza twice now and can say i'm completly converted, wastching the sunrise, battered on mdma and grooving to some minimal techno and everything made sense. i think it has a lot with taste muchuring aswell, i'm 21 now, so feel alot more grown up, know where my head is at ect ect just my 2 sents ....,,I guess when you've done underground parties in a dirty, rat-infested warehouse in Detroit with hard, pounding techno...bleeps and whirs on a beach just doesn't have the intensity you've come to expect from your electronic music.

Don't get me wrong, they both have their place. I can enjoy fishing in a mountain stream or watching the sunset on a beach, just as I can enjoy some mnml tracks in my headphones. However, when I want to REALLY get off, I like my techno like my sex. Hard, loud, and rough.

Darkmode
28-12-2008, 04:16 PM
u lot just dont get the minimal scene. There's more to it than just the music, thats what hawtin is on about.Its a lifestyle change. Think cool clothes fit birds ect ect you just dont get fit birds slogging it out to 160bpm washing machine techno, its all about the groove of minimL. i been ibiza twice now and can say i'm completly converted, wastching the sunrise, battered on mdma and grooving to some minimal techno and everything made sense. i think it has a lot with taste muchuring aswell, i'm 21 now, so feel alot more grown up, know where my head is at ect ect just my 2 sents ....,,

Not everyone is into Minimal you know

djfilthmonger
28-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Im not into techno for the life style just beats. get my rave on. minimal doesnt do it for me , i aint going to diss it.
Beards rock but ill wear a techno tache anyday ha ha

278d7e64a374de26f==