PDA

View Full Version : Badly made gear

FILTERZ
14-01-2004, 02:25 PM
I was allways having trouble with noisy old budget kit and stuff because i didn`t have much money. Last year i was able to buy a complete brand new studio, new desk, speakers, effects, outboard, computer, the whole works along with some old analogue vintage stuff as well ............. none of the old vintage stuff has given me any problems but at least two bits of kit that i bought brand new have allready died and i have had problems with a couple of others, all have sounded excellent and been amazing etc etc etc but have been let down by poor build quality .................................................. .
list of shame...
line six modelling delay , audio outs died after 2 months
power supply on my electron drum machine died recently (please let it be the power supply) not tested a new one yet (just over a year old)
focusrite mix master died after 1year and 1 month dont know whats wrong yet but completely dead
mackie 32-8 has a an intermittent fault on one of the busses this happened when it was under warranty but i could not afford to lose it for 3 months while it was shipped off so it remains
Also the front cover fabric on my mackie sub peeled off after about 2 or 3 months
not brilliant is it and has resulted in me not finishing at least one track that should have been done and dusted long ago................
does everyone get these infuriating problems with new kit? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

DJZeMig_L
14-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Damn' boy U seem 2 b on particularly run of bad luck!! :(

Is there any way that some of this might b atribuited 2 failty electric instalation on yer house/ studio?? Maybe u should buy a surge/ peak protection, and a current stabilizer!

I'm really sorry there isn't much more I can tell ya...

PS -Electron support is brilliant!

Z

FILTERZ
15-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Not knocking electron they have been good to me and they can get away with a lot in my book as they are not such a big manafacturer..........and boy do i love my electron , in fact everything i have bought i love ,its just that some of it broke down alarmingly fast . Also all the companies have been helpful but i just want stuff to work. My friend also has a mixmaster from focusrite which died almost to the day that mine did and we bought them at the same time ,maybe a dodgy component in a few of them or something. Anyway i feel more positive today i was being a bit of a moaning minnie yesterday , I have surge protection and also a mains power cleaner thats supposed to clean and regulate the power supply .
The other possibility is the retailer and what care they take of the gear they have in stock. My friend has a waldorf Q sounds amazing but been back to waldorf 3 times to be fixed,seems ok now though.
Have you heard mono machine thingy from electron?
and thanks for your reply

DJZeMig_L
15-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Nope.. but I had a quick one-night stand with the machine drum and the former SID!!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==