PDA

View Full Version : New track

platform1
09-12-2008, 11:48 PM
looking for production tips on this one...
To busy?
Thinking about a heavier kick, tried other aswell as layering them but always seem to go back to the original sound. any ideas?

http://rapidshare.com/files/171915715/High_returns__bigger_bass__unmastered.mp3.html

Cheers guys

vinvanman
11-12-2008, 10:40 PM
I'll check it out,

stjohn
13-12-2008, 12:50 AM
hey mans sounds interesting so far. regarding your kick, u could try fit a big sub in there underneath each kick. id say that would give the overall impression of a big kick, as well as fill out some gaps in the mix.

also, because those synths are big, they seem to be taking alot of space. personally id take them down a tad. u could also try sidechaining them to the kick, to give the kick more presence. i really like the synth workout tho, sounds cool.

i reckon getting a few more patterns for your hihats could also boost the rhythm!

good work!

vinvanman
13-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Alrite phatform1, Cool track, drum work is good and the synths are very cool, could do with a tad more meat on they kick but you know that already, sounds good

Little_Fella!
30-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Tell you what...

First thing is can we not use 'Rapid Share' at all coz it aint rapid by a long chalk - - - pleases pleases with most sincerity as this has jus turned itself on n sounds great.. love the squelchy noises - - but I waited fekkin aaaaages!!

Oooooh when appeg with the hat at 2.41 comes really works - - but you know that anyways...

from 4.48 works very well too - - if a bit plasticcy - - fill these sounds out with whatever you can coz these sections mentioned really work...

the 'tinkle tinkle' background throughout is very good indeed - - the name and title works well and as above mentioned 4.48 moment is wicked!!

This is a classic sounding track that has a semblance of early day raves with them riffs n chords as they are - - like your background atmoshere stuff too

BloodStar
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
pretty good track. I am liking the squelchy feel and all the sounds you've got there. good work on the synths.

agree with Rory on the massive sub,. kick needs more beef, so you can layer a new one to it. also i would try to compress the hats bit more...

good track.

platform1
04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Cheers guys.... tried a sub under the kick and worked really well, used to do this with the heavier type stuff didnt think it would work in this context.

Struggling with the high hats and ride now.. never normally compress them but ill give it try.. ill post the new mix up later

O yeah and noted about rapidshare.. ill try megaupload unless anyone can recommend me a better one

Siege
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
u tried 7161.com mate? has a streaming link,so no need to wait to listen n all that shit........thats what i usually use.

look forward to hearing the updated link ;)

platform1
04-01-2009, 08:26 PM
An updated mix.. spent along time mixing this, the mix was a bigger headache than usual.. usually mix while i go, but decided to leave it till the end this time.

The tracks called high returns

http://www.7161.com/index.cfm?music_type=4&latest=1

278d7e64a374de26f==