PDA

View Full Version : Allen and Heath Xone92 or Pioneer DJM600?

DJ Tomi
14-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Which one do you prefer???

Ive got a 600 but i reeeeeeeeally want a x92, what do u think is better for techno?

the Allen and Heath X92
picture (http://www.decks.co.uk/productviewer?productpath=/decks/products/mixers/Allen_Heath/xone92&selectedview=0)

or the Pionner DJM600
picture (http://www.decks.co.uk/productviewer?productpath=/decks/products/mixers/pioneer/djm600&selectedview=0)

serox
14-01-2004, 04:43 PM
the AH is much better built i think. the pioneer feels like it is made cheaply...

anx
14-01-2004, 04:49 PM
the crew i play for all the time owns an allen and heath, and i hated it at first, with the 2 mids and the weird faders and knobs

its grown on me a bit...i still hate the faders and the knobs arent to my liking (the newer one has way better knobs), but the sound quality on the AH is superior to the pioneer by a landslide.

if they could combine the user friendlyness of the pioneer with the quality of the AH then that would be a tight mixer

Spooney
14-01-2004, 04:56 PM
A+H definatley, they are top quality mixers :clap:

Spooney
14-01-2004, 04:58 PM
....Plus I find it way more fun mixing techno on them than the pioneer

sleepy
14-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Get the DJM 600 you cant go wrong ;)

Andy__C
14-01-2004, 07:16 PM
It's gonna be one of these 2 mixers for me in the next year..............

not sure which yet as haven't had too much of a mess round on A&H mixers, the extra fx and sampler on the DJM are appealing though (and the £400 less price tag)

Am also torn between the above and a Rane Empath with an FX module, quite like the odd scratchy, and a decent xfader make's loadsa difference, whats the A&H faders like for that?

JACKSTAR
15-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Pioneer made cheaply ? I don't think so !!!
Why do 99% of all clubs worldwide have these installed ? Because they are industry standard as are SL1200's. I have had my DJM500 for 6+ years and it's been as reliable as my 19 year old SL1200's.

The AH maybe has a better EQ if you wanna piss about on that but in the real world when your playing in clubs you really want a mixer which you know inside out. I have only ever played one club in Tel Aviv that had one and the DJ booth was very dark and I thought the layout was a little awkward and the knobs too small. I must admit I liked the filter and the smooth crossfader but i'll stick to Pioneer anyday, it does the job very well so why complicate things.

P.

DJAbyss
18-01-2004, 09:10 PM
without a doubt in my mind a xone 92, i think there are 2 versions of this model there is a rotary of fader version, i have a xone62 and i ****ing love boyo...

romelpotter
19-01-2004, 01:24 PM
for me it was a toss up between these 2 mixers, i am still undecieded yet but i am going towards the xone 92. i think its a great mixer, although the 600 is more likley to be found in clubs but fkit the a+h for me..in fact i have just convinced myself. A+H deffo :eh:

detfella
28-01-2004, 03:04 AM
i have xone 464 and owned pioneer before it. I'd go for allen & heath but.... i much prefer the faders on the pionner. I think its important to rag ur mixer about. allen & heath cross fader isnt up to it. Its like asking sasha to wear a smile and perform ben sims style tricks. If u prefer the smooth mixing go allen & heath.

romelpotter
16-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Finally I am going to pick up my xone 92 tonight. fuk I'm excited :lol: :cool:

EmotionComplex
16-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Finally I am going to pick up my xone 92 tonight. fuk I'm excited :lol: :cool:

:clap: :clap: its lovely picking up a new bit of gear isnt it :love:

romelpotter
17-02-2004, 03:05 PM
hell yea, it's a very good mixer. the vcf filters are good and the eq's are very controlable. The mixer on the whole is a great combination of traditional studio mixers and dj mixers, fully utalising the best features from both styles of mixer to maximising it for dj use. One thing I would say is that I spent £1050 on this mixer and it's suposidly great penny and giles crossfader was missing a screw. Only a minor point and I have spoken to gilfdord sound and light and they are gonna sort it, but you spend so much and you at leat expect it to be finished !!!!!!! ;) but overall a good purchase.

EmotionComplex
17-02-2004, 03:08 PM
hell yea, it's a very good mixer. the vcf filters are good and the eq's are very controlable. The mixer on the whole is a great combination of traditional studio mixers and dj mixers, fully utalising the best features from both styles of mixer to maximising it for dj use. One thing I would say is that I spent £1050 on this mixer and it's suposidly great penny and giles crossfader was missing a screw. Only a minor point and I have spoken to gilfdord sound and light and they are gonna sort it, but you spend so much and you at leat expect it to be finished !!!!!!! ;) but overall a good purchase.

lol crazy mixers got a screw loose :crackup:

romelpotter
17-02-2004, 03:28 PM
it should get sorted soon hopefully ;)

EmotionComplex
17-02-2004, 03:29 PM
it should get sorted soon hopefully ;)

cool mate, she'll be fine in the meantime i bet :clap:

dan the acid man
17-02-2004, 07:21 PM
sorry i cant resist........................................
looks like they screwed you over there, :lol: :oops: :oops:

romelpotter
18-02-2004, 01:05 PM
:doh:

dan the acid man
18-02-2004, 07:22 PM
screwed you over, as in took you for a mug, oh well it doesnt matter :cry:
:oops: :oops: ;)

romelpotter
19-02-2004, 01:07 PM
:doh: :doh: they sent me some screws, but they sent the wrong ones ;) thats the last time I ask for a skrew on the phone.... :lol: :lol: ;)

EmotionComplex
19-02-2004, 01:10 PM
:doh: :doh: they sent me some screws, but they sent the wrong ones ;) thats the last time I ask for a skrew on the phone.... :lol: :lol: ;)

hahah

dan the acid man
19-02-2004, 02:03 PM
dirty man :nono: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

romelpotter
19-02-2004, 03:26 PM
hahaha, ;) dirty and happy :lol:

sash
17-06-2004, 12:46 AM
Go the djm 500. Pioneer used to get their shit made in Japan (djm 500). Now they get their shit made in China (djm 600, djm 300, djm 3000). China means shitter quality. The 500 sounds better than the 600. better hi's. less low level hum (u can hear it on a p.a. easy). 500's r goin cheap these days and they're gettin snapped up cuz people r catchin on to the japan/ China thing.

Allen & Heath is better quality (not by that much as some people would suggest) but how many clubs actually use one? If your gonna spend a bit o extra $, get a 3 channel RANE mixer. They shit on everything + if u feel like Mix Master Mike/ Q-Bert for the day, u can scratch your tits off till the cows come home. Check out where Allen & Heath put their Gain pots..on the back panel of the mixer..STUPID IDEA!

DJ Corbzy
17-06-2004, 01:01 AM
A&H 92, If I had to choose...

Purely for the VCF's....

davethedrummer
08-07-2004, 07:50 PM
can't stand the a+h
i got a pioneer 600 and it's very comfortable to play on
but it doesn't sound that great.

the best sounding mixer so far?

rodec! but ( and there's always a but) it has a click in the centre of the crossfader.
but the eqs sound lovely and they really work!

but the a+h no ...everything is wrong
2 mids : waste of time
bass kill : way too much kill
vcf : about as exciting as the flanger on the djm500
clumsy faders , terribly slow vca on the crossfader meaning cuts always sound late.

in short it's poo

shall i go on???

dan the acid man
08-07-2004, 08:12 PM
the company name sound's like 2 old grandads

MARKEG
09-07-2004, 12:03 AM
can't stand the a+h
i got a pioneer 600 and it's very comfortable to play on
but it doesn't sound that great.

the best sounding mixer so far?

rodec! but ( and there's always a but) it has a click in the centre of the crossfader.
but the eqs sound lovely and they really work!

but the a+h no ...everything is wrong
2 mids : waste of time
bass kill : way too much kill
vcf : about as exciting as the flanger on the djm500
clumsy faders , terribly slow vca on the crossfader meaning cuts always sound late.

in short it's poo

shall i go on???

h, next time you come round mine i'll show you. i know what you're saying but i think you need to buy one to truly understand what's going on. what you're saying is exactly what i thought - UNTIL i bought it.

Jimfish
10-07-2004, 09:03 AM
you thought that and you went and bought it anyway?!??!

beers are on you then fatboy..

dan the acid man
10-07-2004, 12:25 PM
:lol: :lol:

skron
10-07-2004, 10:36 PM
you thought that and you went and bought it anyway?!??!

beers are on you then fatboy.. :lol:

Yoshimitsu
11-07-2004, 04:18 PM
I love my a&h 62 :clap: wicked mixer

JamieBall
15-11-2005, 01:56 PM
The only real thing that can bring me major dissappointment at a gig is turning up to find an Allen and Heath hardwired between the decks.

I appreciate they sound 'cleaner' (not neccessarily 'better' in my book) but there's far too many off putting things about them to get me to ever be interested.

Seems like much more of a house/trance mixer. It's not designed to get around quickly and be flicking knobs/faders all over the shop. They're WAY TOO BIG for what they do, too. I have small hands and don't need something designed for people with sausage fingers (or a beefburger sellotaped to their palm).

Also the filters are rubbish. If you pay so much for a mixer I'd at least expect a generic copy of the standard DJM fx, or maybe a built in KP2 or something.

And the tone pots don't 'spank' the way the DJM ones do if you throw 'em full open, they're much more reserved and 'processed' sounding. Nowhere near as savage as my (lack of?) style requires.

Anyways, there's my tuppence worth.....

alsynthe
15-11-2005, 02:10 PM
i reckon i mite go for a djm600 in the end, currently run a stanton sa8 battle mixer which is sturdy as hell, then again i mite just buy a kaoss pad 2 instead. unsure yet

EmotionComplex
15-11-2005, 10:15 PM
although i no longer mix music (but i may start again one day) id personally say i thought the allen and heath was amazing.

i own a djm500 myself and while it served me well after using the a+h i realised just what a cut above the rest it is, really classy mixer and feels much more solid then the pioneer and those eqs are loverly.
It just feels so smooth mixing with it and the eq feels much more controled and clean.

if i start mixing again ill be purchasing an a+h

nihilist
30-12-2005, 07:40 PM
we use a 92 and at first i didnt like it for all the reasons you guys have said,but after spending more time on it i see how deep the filters are and you really do need to spend alot of time on it.

watching my mate use it (he owns it) really opened my eyes to this point.

but the thing i really dont like is how quite the headphones are and the cross over on the hp's is poor.

Komplex
30-01-2006, 10:22 PM

was it a demo model? they could have just replaced the fader and lost the screw ;)

I know of a store round here that sells rental and demo gear as new!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==