PDA

View Full Version : ableton live

messyfuture
14-01-2004, 08:54 PM
has anybody else used this proggie
i just got it and oh my god!!!!!

miromiric.
14-01-2004, 11:23 PM
i dont find it good at all. everyone is really avin it, but i dont know...8 channels, drag&drop style - i think it can be better then that.

jake
15-01-2004, 01:56 AM
yeah u can have as many channels as you want. i think there is something to be desired in the fidelity of live's sound however and doesnt sound that good for really compressed techno. sounds awesome for sound collages and ambient though.

miromiric.
15-01-2004, 08:04 AM
yeah u can have as many channels as you want. .

?

messyfuture
15-01-2004, 11:25 AM
i dont find it good at all. everyone is really avin it, but i dont know...8 channels, drag&drop style - i think it can be better then that.

i had not heard of it till yesterday,
it seems (for me) quite good in that u can process stuff quickly to get differnet sounds out of ur existing ones.
i use very little software, i like my knobs that i can twiddle ;)
and its only every so often that a bit of software comes along that i actually pay attention to
Saying this ask me what i think of it in a week or so i might have changed my mind

DJZeMig_L
15-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Although U can do creative stuff on it I tend 2 think that it's more of a loop on loop package, perfect for what it's name says, and not so much 4 creating new stuff (although like I said, u could do it but I don't think it's really designed along those lines!).

Yes U can have more than 8 channels (edit/ insert Track... ctrl+T)...

No much in the way of a fan but I can see how it may come in handy!

Z

Larney
15-01-2004, 01:44 PM
If you are making loop based dance music it is far and away the best program around. Ideas can be knocked up in minutes and with Rewire can be intergrated with Reason, Fruity Loops, Project 5, Cubase etc. Also as a live performance application it is second to none. Couldn't live without!

FILTERZ
15-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Use it to do a live decks and laptop thing with a friend, couldnt write a track with it but use it to play stuff live and for this its amazing and lets face it , its designed for live loop sequencing and thats what it does so its thumbs up from me , does what it says on the tin :clap:

Larney
16-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Also depends what version we are talking? New version 3 is so creative because you can take a loop and rearrange it, change the pitch of notes, apply effects to indivdual beats/notes, change volume and mute beats etc. In other words you can completely recreate a new loop.

DJZeMig_L
16-01-2004, 01:53 PM
True, that's well seen m8, I haven't had a proper go with V3,

:oops:

My Bad,

Z

Komplex
23-01-2004, 01:48 AM
see the thing is all the hard work still has to be done before u can use live effectively.

if u just grab a copy and play with it for 5 minutes you realy won't realise the depth of this thing.

also by itself its useless. but paired with a decent control surface or two, a few drum machines and other gear it really fits in well and is good for the bulk of your sound.

Patrick DSP
23-01-2004, 08:27 AM
#1st - god made beer
#2nd - god made ableton live,

and all was good.

The Divide
27-01-2004, 08:50 AM
I have only used it for beat matching my tracks together. Prolly gonna give it a try as a sample/loop mangler

FILTERZ
27-01-2004, 11:03 AM
What i thought was cool was that if there is a drop out in audio of any kind ableton wont bring the sound back until its on the beat so even if you overstep your processors power during a live set it wont sound to bad.............................................Gr eat

detfella
28-01-2004, 02:49 AM
i just tried it recently as well. i can just see myself using it as a live tool. seems to glitch a lot when i try to use it thru rewire :cry:

thoughtintruder
28-01-2004, 04:24 PM
http://www.ableton.com/index.php?main=news-archive&sub=live3beta

here are some examples of what ableton can do... very interesting stuff.

278d7e64a374de26f==