PDA

View Full Version : Clip Delay in Ableton 7

aimlessaudio
23-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Basically, when im playing live, whenever i click the play button on a clip, it drops a beat later than it should. and its really starting to piss me off. its worked fine for years, but now all of a sudden theres this one beat delay.

help :(

stjohn
23-12-2008, 09:08 AM
im guessing it would be the launch quantization.

-up the top the right of the play button, change the quant menu to '1 bar'.
-and put all your clips to Quantization:Global in the launch section of clip view.

other than that, double check your clips are warped correctly with the right starting points also!?!?!

hope that helps

morbid
23-12-2008, 01:43 PM
definately as above - I couldnt work this out for ages when I started on Live - if set to 1 bar then everything will drop in time depending on length of your loops, 4 beats, 8 beats, 16 beats etc

rhythmtech
23-12-2008, 03:20 PM
yup. its global quantize. i turned this off in the middle of a gig once. couldnt figure it out, pissed me off the whole gig trying to figure out when i had to hit play!

stjohn
23-12-2008, 03:44 PM
yup. its global quantize. i turned this off in the middle of a gig once. couldnt figure it out, pissed me off the whole gig trying to figure out when i had to hit play!

i did the same... knocked it to 1/8s too.. so beats were ****ing up all over the place :(

sussed it out after about 10 mins

force
23-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Arrgghh.

Those 2 stories nearly made me throw up....

RDR
24-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Why?

force
24-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Cos if that happened to me during a live set, i would be sick all over the equipment.
I'm nervous enough when i play, let alone with that shit going on...

RDR
24-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Cos if that happened to me during a live set, i would be sick all over the equipment.
I'm nervous enough when i play, let alone with that shit going on...

WEll, i know what you mean, but it was a pretty noobish question. no offence to the original thread starter, but it is what it is... with your experience force i dont think it would be a problem.

force
24-12-2008, 07:56 PM
WEll, i know what you mean, but it was a pretty noobish question. no offence to the original thread starter, but it is what it is... with your experience force i dont think it would be a problem.

Accidents happen!

Well it happened to Bazza and Rory!!!!!

RDR
24-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Sounds like drunken mis-clicks to me... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rhythmtech
30-12-2008, 01:50 PM

i always use the session view.. never used arrangement and wouldnt have the first clue about it, but anyway the session view always has the global quantize turned on as default, so after knocking it off without realising it, i hadnt a clue what i'd done.. come to think of it i'd never even knew there was a global quantize.

either way there was also alcohol involved :lol:

stjohn
31-12-2008, 06:39 PM
i dont drink

RDR
31-12-2008, 09:06 PM
LOL!

im not sure what si worse... drinky poos and making the error or no drinky poos.

Either way i never made the same mistake, pissed or not.... *smug*.......No.. *SMUG*... where the hell is the damn smug emoticon????

ah **** it....

(Joke, fellas... i made a LOT of mistakes live... but it was fun and i didnt care.

stjohn
01-01-2009, 09:46 PM
:)

lucky for me it was to a half empty room...
oh wait....:hmmm:

but i WAS drinking loads

RDR
01-01-2009, 11:28 PM
:)

lucky for me it was to a half empty room...
oh wait....:hmmm:

but i WAS drinking loads

My tea came from my nose....
:eek:

278d7e64a374de26f==