PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Mills, The Exhibitionist - Tracklist

Sunil
15-01-2004, 02:13 AM
Here's the tracklist for Mills' new Mix CD, which is released in conjunction with a DVD of the same title. What do yis think?

http://www.sonar.es/portal/eng/music.cfm?id_sonarmusic=17

01 :: JEFF MILLS: AX-009F segment 3
02 :: JEFF MILLS: Condor to Mallorca
03 :: OLIVER HO: Organic Synthetic
04 :: SAMUEL L SESSIONS: New Soil Dances D'Afrique Rmx
05 :: JESPER DAHLBÄCK: Laget Hans
06 :: ALAN BARRATT PRESENTS: Zulu Nation Part IX: The End The Witch Doctor Remix
07 :: OCTAVE ONE: Black Water
08 :: BEN SIMS: Moments Dope Mix
09 :: VICTOR SIMONELLI: Bateria-Latin Impressions UK Gold Remix
10 :: TROY GEARY: Slipped Again
11 :: PAULA TEMPLE: Contact
12 :: OSCAR MULERO: B2 from CR007
13 :: wjh: Harmonix
14 :: HEADROOM: Ride the Threshold
15 :: JEFF MILLS: The Bells
16 :: SAMUEL L SESSIONS: Ricoque
17 :: MONIKA KRUSE & ZAFRA NEGRA: Latin Lover (Voodoooamt aka Patrick Lindsey remix)
18 :: JEFF MILLS: "the" part 1
19 :: JEFF MILLS: Preview
20 :: DANILO VIGORITO: Knap
21 :: ANDREAS SAAG: Camborele
22 :: JOHN ARNOLD: Respectall
23 :: JEFF MILLS: Tango
24 :: JEFF MILLS: untitled
25 :: OLIVER HO: Sacred Object (track A)
26 :: PAUL MAC: More Over
27 :: GARY MARTIN: Long Summer Nights
28 :: AARON HEDGES: Watching Me
29 :: DJ RUSH: Midnight Confessions
30 :: MARK WILLIAMS: Love Club
31 :: JEFF MILLS: 4Art
32 :: JEFF MILLS: untitled
33 :: SAMUEL L SESSIONS: Core
34 :: JEFF MILLS: untitled
35 :: JEFF MILLS: Sugar is Sweeter
36 :: DJ ZANK: Finger Four
37 :: JEFF MILLS: "see" part 3
38 :: CLAUDE YOUNG/JEFF MILLS: Thought of phutura side B
39 :: JEFF MILLS: "the" part 3
40 :: JEFF MILLS: Native High
41 :: JEFF MILLS: "light" part 3
42 :: JEFF MILLS: Alarms Ben Sims Mix
43 :: JEFF MILLS: untitled
44 :: AZTEC MYSTIC: Aguila
45 :: JEFF MILLS: See This Way

The Overfiend
15-01-2004, 05:15 AM
I'll pay the 20 bux for it.

Esox Lucius
15-01-2004, 07:41 AM
I cant wait to get it, the dvd looks brilliant.

more info on the dvd

DVD

Filmed in Detroit, the heartland of techno and home to many of its big names, Exhibitionist by Jeff Mills offers us something we have never seen before on DVD: an insight into Mills’ technique and art, carrying out his mixes on three decks and a mixer as if he were dealing with a musical instrument. Besides being musical entertainment the DVD is also a show in itself in that it enables you to switch between different camera angles of the artist, the decks and the mixer in real time.

The initial test showing was in 2001 at the venue, Liquid Room-Tokyo. In the middle of the DJ set of Jeff Mills, he disappears from the DJ stand and allows the DVD filming to take over that task of djing can controlling the audience. The crowd, not realizing if it is live or recorded continued to dance effortlessly. Once they discovered what was happening, the crowd responded with overwhelming approval and party exceeded to another level. Jeff rejoined the film image of himself and both, Jeff and simulated projection began to DJ together.

Conceived and designed in the direction of programmable software rather than the usual DVD "Live" recording, this latest project of Jeff Mills, "Exhibitionist" will prove to point out a step forward into a new era in Electronic Music.

Release Date :: February 2004

Exhibitionist Spanish Tour Dates

www.axisrecords.com

DVD
CONTENTS
Jeff Mills. Exhibitionist Mix DVD

- Axis Mix
A selection of music taken from the record label Axis Records by Jeff Mills. All compositions are composed by Jeff Mills.
Multi-angle feature available.
Running time :: 47 minutes

- Purpose Maker Mix
A selection of music taken from the record label Purpose Maker/Axis Records by Jeff Mills. All compositions are composed by Jeff Mills. Special guest performance by Random Noise Generation courtesy of 430 West Records, Detroit.
Running time :: 45 minutes

- Tomorrow Mix
A selection of music taken from the record label Tomorrow/Axis Records by Jeff Mills. All compositions are composed by Jeff Mills. Visual taken from AX-009 E/F Medium LP/Jeff Mills Experimental Dancer: Pierre Lockett
Running time :: 44 minutes

- Exhibitionist Mix
A selection of music from around the world's most talented Electronic Music Artists.
Running time :: 45 minutes

- Jeff Mills interview
An in-depth interview where Jeff Mills explains the creation of Axis and its past and future ideas.
Running time :: 30 minutes

- Random Noise Generation interview
Explaining their participation of the Exhibitionist and association to Detroit Techno scene and Jeff Mills.
Running time :: 10 minutes

- Making of the Exhibitionist
"Behind-of-the-scene" footage's from the imagery film/photo shooting in Barcelona, Spain.
Running time :: 5 minutes

Numeric
15-01-2004, 10:03 AM
I need that sh*t in my life...

Esox Lucius
15-01-2004, 10:59 AM
numeric that is a disgusting avatar :lol: ;)

Si the Sigh
15-01-2004, 11:07 AM
init! ha ha! :lol: where can you get the DVD / CD from? :eh:

Patrick
15-01-2004, 11:34 AM

Not out until Feb 2nd, and then hopefully they'll be in all the usual retail outlets that stock Axis stuff. Or direct from the Axis website.

Numeric
15-01-2004, 11:55 AM
numeric that is a disgusting avatar

Soz man...

:lol:

Si the Sigh
15-01-2004, 11:56 AM

Not out until Feb 2nd, and then hopefully they'll be in all the usual retail outlets that stock Axis stuff. Or direct from the Axis website.

Sound! Cheers mate. ;)

Patrick
15-01-2004, 11:56 AM
numeric that is a disgusting avatar

Soz man...

:lol:

Never apologise to a scouser ! Even if he is a toffee. ;)

Numeric
15-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Never apologise to a scouser ! Even if he is a toffee.

Nah man, the Toffs aren't so bad...

;)

Patrick
15-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Never apologise to a scouser ! Even if he is a toffee.

Nah man, the Toffs aren't so bad...

;)

They are at the moment for me !!! If it wasn't for Radzinsky equalising against the gooners last wek, I would have had a nice few quid off a bet. So now it's personal. Radzinsky cost me money :twisted: . I mean, who would have thought the toffees would have got a point out of that game. Especially 1-o down on 79 minutes ! Well, not me ovbviously.

Sorry for the hi-jack peeps, this should probably have been in the sports hall.

Esox Lucius
15-01-2004, 01:21 PM
bloody man u fans :nono:

The Overfiend
15-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Mine Mine Mine
It will be mine.

Tony
15-01-2004, 05:16 PM
jeff who?? :lol:

you're all tossers!! liverpool are the best and you know it!!

(sorry, i really dont like football, but was born in liverpool and when asked its defintely the reds i support, if you can call not being very competitive 'supporting') at least downy got rid of that bloody everton logo, ha haa!!

tioneb
15-01-2004, 11:12 PM
waiting for this dvd for a while now.. this man is crazy and still now some spcial things happen zith him

Capone
16-01-2004, 01:30 AM
Looks good, but there's an awful lot of his own productions on it, and that's fair enough I suppose, but I would have like to have seen more variety on it.

jake
16-01-2004, 09:12 AM
nice 3 deck set.. cant say its flawless but its fun

tioneb
16-01-2004, 08:19 PM
im happy to see mills has the balls agin to issue a mix not that tight (first sloppyness at 2nd minute)... i gues it was recorded live ... so that explains

the dissers will hate, the lovers will love . i LOVE this mix =)

tioneb
16-01-2004, 08:28 PM
just realized he doesnt spined the mulero on coda records 7 as mentionned, but the warm up 6 ...

hope there wont be the error on the final rlease ... laurent garnier already did a big mitake attributing a vince watson track to somebody lse on his latest mixcds

buster
16-01-2004, 10:17 PM
just realized he doesnt spined the mulero on coda records 7 as mentionned, but the warm up 6 ...

hope there wont be the error on the final rlease ... laurent garnier already did a big mitake attributing a vince watson track to somebody lse on his latest mixcds

:lol: :lol: :lol: - The Warm Up - What a ****** tune. It's been in my box since the dawn of time.

buster
16-01-2004, 10:18 PM

Innercity records will have 'em when they come out.

tioneb
16-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Looks good, but there's an awful lot of his own productions on it, and that's fair enough I suppose, but I would have like to have seen more variety on it.

u should listen the mix, and remember that the every dog ahs its day tracks do not really sound like the dark axis stuff ... and he plays both in this mix along with some purpouse maker, which sound different..

Buttman
17-01-2004, 03:36 AM
SALSA SHITE. :neutral:

Dustin Zahn
17-01-2004, 04:25 AM
Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. It seems like an average DJ mix tracklist mixed by a DJ who has a slight obsession with Jeff Mills. :)

I do have this but haven't taken a listen yet. So...I won't judge the mix until I hear it but to me the tracklisting sounds like a run-of-the-mill mix cd to come out this month.

tioneb
17-01-2004, 04:37 AM
i guess mills will be haghly dissed for this mix cd...we'll see how it goes

Esox Lucius
17-01-2004, 10:44 AM
total respect for mills, he has done more for the techno scene than most others, fair enough some of his mixes might be a bit shoddy,but it's quick mixing and I dont see anything wrong with playing his own records.

here's some promo pics

http://www.imd-info.com/details/mills/gallery/jeff03-4.jpg

http://www.imd-info.com/details/mills/gallery/jeff03-5.jpg

http://www.imd-info.com/details/mills/gallery/jeff03-2.jpg

http://www.imd-info.com/details/mills/gallery/jeff03-3.jpg

All hail the genius :notworthy:

278d7e64a374de26f==