PDA

View Full Version : Siege - Jack Box

Siege
31-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Got this as almost finished, but i think it needs some high mid freq in there?

http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACFB567953536.mp3&dt_track_id=17158

ORIS
01-01-2009, 03:48 AM
I've downloaded it, but I can't find it....... 2mrow I will sort my life out and find it!!!

APPT NEW YEAR.

ORIS
01-01-2009, 06:34 PM
hahaa, found it..

Sounding good mate, loving the perc!!!! Can't really comment on production at the moment because I'm on head phones. But, everything seems to work well together, I think it could benefit from a really heavy synth riff but that's just my opinion.

Siege
01-01-2009, 08:04 PM
took it down

Siege
03-01-2009, 11:22 PM
up again.........stuck on this at the moment....i added some high mid pads,but took them out as i wasnt really feeling them, still think its missing something.???........ unmastered.

http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF1B86727961.mp3&dt_track_id=17165

DannyBlack
04-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Nice one you put it back up! I'm checking it now man.

DannyBlack
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
This really has a feel of that track by Glenn Wilson on the turbulence EP. Lovely hammering sound to it. I like the vocal shouts.

That little messed up bassy sound that comes in at 4:15, I think you could expand on that a bit, it's too good a sound to only have once!

hahah ^ useless feedback I know. Wicked track mate, I really like it a lot!

rhythmtech
04-01-2009, 05:33 PM
some lovely synthy stuff going on here. definitly see where danny's coming from with the wilson comment. personally i'd speed it up a touch, seems to lag a touch.

the lower mids need something as the bottom end sounds a little empty and over all i think it needs more groove as its quite static.

as usual ill tell you to dirty up the hats (but thats just a personal choice thing)

great track that will really pop with a few edits and maybe an extra element (no idea what though).

platform1
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I reckon a dub style delay would work beutifully on the synth stab. or even a beat repeat type thing on it.

good track, kept me moving and intressted all the way through

Cant really comment on the production as on small pc speakers, but does sound good on them.

Little_Fella!
17-01-2009, 03:19 AM
I listened to this a few times a while ago but the link aint working now - - bah...

From what I remember the mix is really clean... I think I was looking for some more welly on the bottom end in the sub region, but I know you produce to a certain level with this to hold the mix in place - - for familiarity referencing... erm

...I think I know what I mean :ohdear:

As for a pointer - - I feel that this is a very mechanical sounding track - - remeniscent as has been said - - Punish springs to mind, of sorts...

I feel there should be some more musical elements to it - - in the vein of 'Purple Drift', as one of my faves of yours... keeping the mechanical mood but introducing some melodic content is what aaaaam tryin' ta say...

Another solid outing here... :cool:

BloodStar
17-01-2009, 03:06 PM
link aint working. re-up, please 8-]

278d7e64a374de26f==