PDA

View Full Version : digi factory 002

rhythmtech
02-01-2009, 08:00 PM
best thing ive bought in a very long time :yup:

the hands on control is beautiful and a serious step up from the behringer bcf's. lovely having 8 i/o, pre-amps and audio interface integrated too.

http://www.electra-av.com/uploads/852996.jpg

DannyBlack
02-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Jaysus, that looks lovely. How much that set you back?

rhythmtech
02-01-2009, 08:15 PM
got it on teh cheap, second hand like.

was looking at the 003 factory+ in big bear sounds today and its 1600 yoyos.. but i get a 40% discount thru college.. so i may plump for that later this year or early next year

its basically an updated version with more I/Os, better pre-amps and more bells and whistles.. shame to waste such a big discount!

http://www.pssl.com/images/ProdImage01/500/DIGI-003-FACTORY.jpg

RDR
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Those digi pre-amps rock.

for recording i love the digi stuff. it plays back what you put in. but slightly better.

DannyBlack
02-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Jesus, 40% discount is quite fannytastic. That looks class. The sound is good for a Behringer yeah?

rhythmtech
02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Jesus, 40% discount is quite fannytastic. That looks class. The sound is good for a Behringer yeah?

no sound on the behringers danny, they're only midi controllers.. told you b4, i wouldnt touch anything by behringer that passes audio thru it.

DannyBlack
02-01-2009, 09:25 PM
hahaha, Jesus I though that bugger was a mixing desk.... fancy stuff bazzer.

rhythmtech
02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
danny.. those two above are digidesign.. NOT BEHRINGER.

its a midi controller with mic pre-amps and an audio interface (soundcard) - it also works in standalone mode as a mixing desk (with eq and dynamics built in)

the behringers i was talking about are my old midi controllers that i use for gigging.

DannyBlack
02-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Balls, I'm thinking of the one I have too. It's shit BTW. The BCR 2000, I hate it.

rhythmtech
02-01-2009, 10:05 PM
why do you hate it? they're class.. real simple to configure. i couldnt gig without my behringers!!

http://www.gut.co.jp/1973/C1135954233/E20070718131330/Media/126160464_77.jpg
http://www.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/BEHRINGER+BCR2000.JPG

DannyBlack
02-01-2009, 10:11 PM
why do you hate it? they're class.. real simple to configure. i couldnt gig without my behringers!!http://www.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/BEHRINGER+BCR2000.JPG

That one.

I just can't get on with it. I would love the first one, the BCF yeah? That one has slideys. I love slideys.

RDR
03-01-2009, 10:00 AM
I can kinda see dannys point, if you are djing with it the BRC is crap.. the BCF probably works better in that respect.

but for like knob tweakage... like i do... live on stage, tweaking my knob, in front of people...live. naked... errrr no, not naked... i didnt mean that....:lol:

A word of warning to people though, as of 3rd Jan 09, behringer still havnt written any drivers for the editor software for the BCR or BCF. They will be recognized by Vista and XP as both are class compliant devices.

I recommended them to someone recently for playing live, they bought them, then hassled me over text message about them not supporting vista. pricks, like i have anything to do with it, and why is anyone playing live with Vista? stoooopid.

DannyBlack
03-01-2009, 03:25 PM
i have vista chris, i was able to map it with no trouble. is that wwhat you mean?
naked set eh? may get you over for one of those when i secure my venue.

RDR
03-01-2009, 03:56 PM
i have vista chris, i was able to map it with no trouble. is that wwhat you mean?
naked set eh? may get you over for one of those when i secure my venue.

No danny, i meant the editor program which means you can alter everything on the BCR without having to do it from the machine. Its like editing the internals on a nice big screen.

josephjobling
03-01-2009, 04:21 PM
quick questions - how well does it work and how easy is this to set up in ableton (has any one had any problems) as not a pro tools user but was thinking of getting one of these (seen one on ebay for £650)

RDR
03-01-2009, 04:38 PM
For the money you'd be as well getting a yamaha o1x

dont know about the ableton functionality, but if it does mackie remote protocol then you should be fine.

try the forums at www.ableton.com

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/aikyoku/img10151033302.jpeg

josephjobling
03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
reads nice will check out the ableton forum to see about compatability (mind you still haven't registered for the forum yet - suppose this will give me the oppertunity to get off me lazy arse and register)
How good is the quality of the sound card as above you said you loved the sound quality of digidesign is the yamaha as good

RDR
03-01-2009, 06:34 PM
reads nice will check out the ableton forum to see about compatability (mind you still haven't registered for the forum yet - suppose this will give me the oppertunity to get off me lazy arse and register)
How good is the quality of the sound card as above you said you loved the sound quality of digidesign is the yamaha as good

The sound quality isnt as good as the oo2r

BUT its got compressors and EQ built in per channel and 2 56bit effects processors built in. It also recalls the desk in 0.25 of a second and you can save the entire desk setup to 1 file and reload it later.

it doesnt work with pro-tools either.

if you use PT... then the 002r is a must

if you work with cubase, logic, sonar or digital performer then the yamaha rocks.

Downsides... the Yamaha autoconnector can be hard to use for Noobs ive never had a problem and i love mine to death.

josephjobling
03-01-2009, 06:45 PM
fair cheers for the advice i will give it some thought/research - what do you mean when you say auto connector (forgive me i am a noob) is that midi mapping

RDR
03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
My bad... the auto connector is the way you connect the yamaha to the computer you are running. its like a control panel for the connection, where you change sample rate or the amount of channels going to and from the yamaha.

I have 16 mono channels from my sequencer to the o1x and 24 coming back over firewire.

josephjobling
03-01-2009, 07:20 PM
ah i see - that doesn't sound so bad to do (famous last words) any hoo thanks for the pionter i'll give it a look - hopefully i can pick one up a bit cheaper on ebay

278d7e64a374de26f==