PDA

View Full Version : Fast techno with the old squat party percussion vibe (unfinished)

tech_smack
03-01-2009, 12:48 AM
early stages yet, feedback appreciated.

gone for the old skool acid techno esque rolling percussion and some fat bass, just been quickly arranged to get the jist of things.

http://cymatic.unlimited23.net/perctek.mp3

Little_Fella!
03-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Thing is I'm looking at your namesake - - and wondering if you might consider a tempo drop... ??

I like the bass on this... go into it and see how much you can get out of it - - it needs warming up - - using your eq's very sparingly in the 90hz region but put some 60hz - 40hz to give some sub welly and then use a low cut filter at jus below or at 40hz at about 6 - 12db cut depending on your volume - - this will then make you work on your kick - - as it willl sound weak in comparison...

Again I can't help but say slow this down and it will work better... 135 will make you think a bit more - - this has moved into a very old style of territory and that is all we are getting - - I wouldn't do this as a rule with anything you make - - always think upfront and forward - - everyone made stuff in the 90's that got away with being old and somewhat plasticated - - wherease I don't think we can allow that anymore and get away with it...

Bass kick ratios are sooooo important and getting them right straight away gives the tune a good starting point and the full body it needs to then go on and introduce more elements...:cool:

techno_smack
03-01-2009, 02:19 PM
thanks for the advice, i'll try that on the bass and have a go at slowing it down, i was kinda going for the 90's bass on this one, was just in the mood for it at the time.

thanks for listening

278d7e64a374de26f==