PDA

View Full Version : bloodstar - born in savage

BloodStar
06-01-2009, 07:10 PM
something new from me. needs final touch, but i think i'm there. more or less :)

http://www.shadowdistrict.net/mp3/BS-born_in_savage.mp3

DannyBlack
06-01-2009, 07:44 PM
This is a furious track. I can just see myself in a sweaty club, no lights but a strobe, smoke machine going ape shit. nice work.

ORIS
06-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Nice work mate, that's a beast of a track!!!!

:clap:

stjohn
07-01-2009, 05:18 PM
woah!! great intro!

this is fukkin great. really top notch tune. thats bass is so damn nice
some of the breakdown pads and long-synths might be a tad loud? if you took them down, u would still have the same effect i think, with a bit more breathing room.

11/10 tho Vlasta... really great
if u have plans for this i would love to rmx

:bemine::callme:

BloodStar
08-01-2009, 05:57 PM
glad you like it, guys. happy to see positive feedback.

rory: will check the breakdowns when i'll be finalizing it. you're right, there are some sounds too loud. gonna took them down few dBs..
i will prepare a package for the remix,. 2 bar loops? or should i bounce whole stems?

cheers!!!!!

stjohn
08-01-2009, 07:49 PM
individual tracks would be best... loops or otherwised, i dont mind!!

looking fwd to it ;)

vinvanman
08-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Top tune bloodstar, Well done, get it on a label dude, can't wait for the remix pack :)

StoQ
09-01-2009, 07:41 AM
great stuff, linkin your recent style a lot, pro work mate

loopdon
09-01-2009, 08:02 AM
What a corker! Great stuff, mate. Kicks are real heavy. Just two things:
There seems to be some lite muddiness somwhere in the low mids?!
The hats seem a little ''crushed'' - but maybe that was
your plan. Top tune, though.

BloodStar
09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
cheers, guys.

Martin> i am gonna doublecheck the low mid region. it gets pretty busy as the tracks go, so maybe subtle cut on some sounds could help to clear it out. as for the hats, yeah i Decimorted them quite a lot,. :)

BloodStar
09-01-2009, 11:12 AM
cheers, guys. it seems i hit the nail with this track, glad to hear you like it..
Actually, I 'm working on other stuff like this one. will post them soon,.

Martin> i am gonna doublecheck the low mid region. it gets pretty busy as the tracks go, so maybe subtle cut on some sounds could help to clear it out. as for the hats, yeah i Decimorted them quite a lot,. :)

BloodStar
09-01-2009, 11:13 AM
bah double post :D

Little_Fella!
10-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Yo Yo...

aaaand a New Year Hello to you matey - - hope you had a great timo...:)

Like how this track runs and the kick gives it that strong feeling throughout, complementing your layering changes as you go along...

Serious issues as has been mentioned with muddiness - - you are working alot of your sounds in the mid to low region, which is clashing with your rolling bassline - - take the bassline away to see what the mix sounds like - - clean everything from here using your filters...

I would perhaps bring your atmoshere 'ahhhhhhhhhh' sound into a higher frequency range, as an experimental starter, if you can and see how this feels when you bring the bassline back...

This is a good track and has the right elements, you just need to pick the right frequencies for each of your sounds...

Looking forward to the next edit !! :cool:

loopdon
11-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Ah, vlasta, before if forget: could i have a remix-pack as well? :wink:

BloodStar
12-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Ben> cheers mate. happy 2009 to you.
i see what you mean. i will check the eqs, and will do new mix,. some comments from here are pertty helpful, same as some advices from Steve.
Hopefully I will not overEQ when shaving the sounds. Ussually when i am doing it, I end up with very thin sounds,so I will be careful on it.

Martin> no problem, mate. I am gonna send soon,. Was bit busy during the weekend,.

loopdon
12-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Vlasta, thanks in advance. I'd say really just polish it up ever so slightly in the lower regions (i think). There just seemed to be this slight(!) muffle going on.

Don't overdo it, mate, i urge you :lol:. Depending on what you already have monitoring/equipment wise - u might want use voxengo's glisseq or vertexdsp's multinspector/multisinspector free. Or bluecataudio's offerings.

Glisseq for example makes seeing the overlap easy.

I love this tune!

Siege
12-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Good stuff Vlasta, pure dancefloor material.....nice energetic feel and i really like the pads n atmospheres.

Cant comment on the production as im not on the monitors,....il dl it and give it a whirl for a proper listen. ;)

Jay Pace
22-02-2009, 05:12 AM
yoyo
had this on mp3 player for ages, really like it but thought I'd listen through a proper setup first.

The track is great, nice driving grind to it, good use of atmospherics and discordant grime. Lovely filth coupled with lush pads. Sort of makes me think of underworld in that respect.

the weighting seems to skew low, no enough activity in the mid high area and it sounds a little imbalanced. Everything is nice and clear, just feels like its bottom weighted a bit too much and needs to be rebalanced. i don't think the muddiness is too bad, more that there's too much going on in the lower register and not enough in the mid and the high, so it sounds a bit out of goose.

Also some of the sections sound a little static, maybe but a bit of movement in there? Seems a bit "sectiony" if you know what I mean, lots of blocks sitting next to each other. Be cool to see a bit variation throughout the sections.

Great work though dude.

278d7e64a374de26f==