PDA

View Full Version : why is this forum always full of people selling old acid records????

davethedrummer
08-01-2009, 11:35 AM
sorry but it doesn't look good does it?
an acid forum full of people desperately trying to offload all their 1995 acid techno collection.
we need a separate classifieds section or a 12" vinyl for sale section here on blackout.
personally I'm sick of reading stuff about the price of old records blah blah.....
and seeing lists of available acid 12"s
and it makes it look like the scene is just completely dead too.
not a good advert for newcomers is it?

can we do something about this, people?

there is ebay after all

I'll PM mark and see what he says.

...Dave...
08-01-2009, 11:51 AM
coz only the older stuff was any good

i'd have a guess that they know they wont be able to sell the more recent stuff so don't bother trying. :wink:

rhythmtech
08-01-2009, 12:22 PM
...Dave... would you mind removing your pretty lame attempt at shit stirring before it gets moderated for you.

...Dave...
08-01-2009, 02:04 PM
...Dave... would you mind removing your pretty lame attempt at shit stirring before it gets moderated for you.

jesus christ chill out. its only a joke. (even if it is a very apt one)

...Dave...
08-01-2009, 02:17 PM
infact **** it.. its not a joke :angry:

but its not an attempt at shit stirring either.

its my observation.
its true though. there are always loads of acid techno records for sale all over the place. the main reason for this no doubt is that people have moved on from it and trying to make a few quid from records they don't play anymore that seem to be worth a bit of cash. and it is the older stuff people will buy. (coz it was good):wink:

its true in most genres though. you only have to check out ebay to see how much vinyl is for sale..its insane. i have bought some absolute gems recently on ebay.

rhythmtech
08-01-2009, 02:41 PM
so why didnt you put your point across like that first time..

and to be fair it wouldnt be the first time you'd be seen to be stirring shit in here for no other reason than shits n giggles..

and well you know it :wink:

...Dave...
08-01-2009, 02:47 PM
so why didnt you put your point across like that first time..

and to be fair it wouldnt be the first time you'd be seen to be stirring shit in here for no other reason than shits n giggles..

and well you know it :wink:

thats more like shit stirring if you ask me:wink:

sorry for trying to have a joke:angry:

davethedrummer
08-01-2009, 02:57 PM
stay on topic please
do we or do we not need a separate area for second hand vinyl?
do you think it would be a good idea?

...Dave...
08-01-2009, 03:03 PM
would be a great idea.

rhythmtech
08-01-2009, 03:35 PM
would be a great idea.

post made at 3:03.. its a sign to you ...dave...

teknofilth
08-01-2009, 04:19 PM
stay on topic please

Considering this is meant to be a discussion forum and not a buy/sell forum
then I would say yes with a 303 on top

Electrictribe
08-01-2009, 04:55 PM
only seems to be about 6 of us in the acid forum but agree not a place to sell records. Always over priced anyway.

zyclone
08-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I think it would be great with a buying/selling section.
Maybe I'll find some chewns i'm after in here :)
I wish i knew what acid techno was in 1995. hehe

xes
08-01-2009, 06:59 PM
second hand records will always be "over priced" as they're out of production on the whole,and if people want them,then they've got to pay for them. And as long as there's someone willing to pay x ammount,then it's not over priced.

I agree with DTD though,there should be a place for selling records on here,or if not,then ebay it up. I'm sure we all remember the last debaucle that ensued after some selling went tits up. IMO,record selling is for another site,not this one. Unless there's a dedicated section for doing so. Maybe I should put a sticky thread up or something,where people can advertise tunes they want to sell. Instead of chocking the forum up with for sale threads.

opinions please :)

rhythmtech
08-01-2009, 07:05 PM
good plan my man

tOM B
08-01-2009, 07:06 PM
second hand records will always be "over priced" as they're out of production on the whole,and if people want them,then they've got to pay for them. And as long as there's someone willing to pay x ammount,then it's not over priced.

I agree with DTD though,there should be a place for selling records on here,or if not,then ebay it up. I'm sure we all remember the last debaucle that ensued after some selling went tits up. IMO,record selling is for another site,not this one. Unless there's a dedicated section for doing so. Maybe I should put a sticky thread up or something,where people can advertise tunes they want to sell. Instead of chocking the forum up with for sale threads.

opinions please :)

would a sticky work though?? there's sticky's for dj sets and still everyone posts them up as a new topic

Athar
08-01-2009, 07:37 PM
sticky thread its not bad idea for that

com'on xes

DarkYoung
08-01-2009, 08:08 PM
stay on topic please

your right dude. and btw there are no bargains to be had. just folk selling old routes at hiked up prices. to exploit fans on here. because the vinyl acid market on ebay disintegrated a few years ago, and thats a fact.

DarkYoung
08-01-2009, 08:09 PM
post made at 3:03.. its a sign to you ...dave...

yeah stop being a cunt, or go gay with Adey.

the_psychologist
08-01-2009, 09:08 PM
well, i think Ebay sucks for selling most things, especially vinyl. the biggest losses i have ever incurred were using Ebay.

i have long wondered why there's no buy/sell forum on BOA. would be a great idea, and i have some good deals ready to go.

re: everyone selling '95 Acid - what can you do? the best Acid to come out of London was during that time. it's already a niche market, so going back to early 90s classics will be even less reliable.

my objective is to sell 10 records at once, and i try to price them fairly in order to get rid of them and *maybe* make my money back. it is very hard (impossible) to sell your entire vinyl collection and make a profit. a small % of the collection will get big profits, but the majority needs to be given away because it was and is filler.

xes
08-01-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure if it's still active,but there kind of is a place to sell your tunage.
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/component/option,com_marketplace/Itemid,88888912/

rhythmtech
08-01-2009, 09:50 PM
yeah stop being a cunt, or go gay with Adey.

calvin that was a joke aimed at ..dave.. please keep your nose out of where its not wanted. i said my piece and he said his. none of which is your business.

...Dave...
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
who the **** is adey anyway?:hmmm:

djfilthmonger
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
yeah a buy and sell forum wud be the right idea

rhythmtech
08-01-2009, 09:58 PM
he's calvin's imaginary friend.

DarkYoung
08-01-2009, 10:35 PM
he's calvin's imaginary friend.

ok for you to have a dig at me tho.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1134856/mod.jpg

The_Laughing_Man
08-01-2009, 11:59 PM
I`d have to be on deaths door to sell my old acid collection.
Even though I haven`t played it for years, it ain`t going nowhere.
All the early releases, and most of everything else up to about #35 on each label.

Selling it would be like selling my memories.

I guess some people didn`t live it.

rhythmtech
09-01-2009, 01:25 AM
ok for you to have a dig at me tho.

yes quite. saying you have an imaginary friend called adey, when everyone knows that adey is a member on here, is exactly the same as accusing someone of stirring shit. grow up calvin.

pat_mcgerkin
09-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Overmoderating the forum isn't going to fix the broader problem of lean times in the scene, it's just going to conceal one symptom of it.

If people want to buy the tunes for sale, they will. If they don't, they wont and the theads will drop because noone's posting in them.

I can see the value in banning the practice of people bumping their for sale threads, but IMO, banning the sale of acid records in an acid forum because it upsets someone's sensibilities is an overreaction.

I, for one, would rather have people post records for sale that are actually relevant to my interest in this forum than sift through buy/sell forum full of shit that doesn't interest me.

Dave Elyzium
09-01-2009, 02:06 PM
There is no such thing an an "overpriced record" other than the one that remains unsold in your collection. A record is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it - thumbs up for a vinyl sale forum.

AcidTrash
09-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Might be nice if someone released som e half decent acid other than Mcaffers rinsed out loop with gratuitous synthy bits. But then nobody's buying records so why bother?

AcidTrash
09-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I`d have to be on deaths door to sell my old acid collection.
Even though I haven`t played it for years, it ain`t going nowhere.
All the early releases, and most of everything else up to about #35 on each label.

Selling it would be like selling my memories.

I guess some people didn`t live it.

Completely agree.

steve mills
09-01-2009, 05:15 PM
coz only the older stuff was any good

i'd have a guess that they know they wont be able to sell the more recent stuff so don't bother trying. :wink:

I totally disagree with this comment, there are some top new acid techno tracks being made, an the fact that you claim otherwise, is a bit disrespectful for the like of people like me an others who are trying to keep the scene alive, we have come this far an the scene is still very much alive, also Henry i totally agree with you mate, we need another place for people trying to sell their vinyl, this should be a place for people to promote new up an coming tracks an producers

DarkYoung
09-01-2009, 05:32 PM
grow up calvin.

ok barence.

rhythmtech
09-01-2009, 06:06 PM
thats Mr. Barence to you.

DarkYoung
09-01-2009, 06:21 PM
thats Mr. Barence to you.
:lol: nice one dude

davethedrummer
10-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Overmoderating the forum isn't going to fix the broader problem of lean times in the scene, it's just going to conceal one symptom of it.

If people want to buy the tunes for sale, they will. If they don't, they wont and the theads will drop because noone's posting in them.

I can see the value in banning the practice of people bumping their for sale threads, but IMO, banning the sale of acid records in an acid forum because it upsets someone's sensibilities is an overreaction.

I, for one, would rather have people post records for sale that are actually relevant to my interest in this forum than sift through buy/sell forum full of shit that doesn't interest me.

no-ones talking about banning anything my friend
just putting threads together so you have one place to go to find lot's of old tunes
and compare prices etc...
there's nothing wrong with selling off old vinyl, I just think the forums are getting clogged up with it.
and acid techno being as old skool and as limited in numbers as it is, tends to be the main style of music sold second-hand.
get my drift?

Rog
31-01-2009, 07:21 PM
seperate area on the forum would be ideal.

most of the guys have ripped the vinyl to an elec format.

and now, the vinyl is taking valuable storage space... and 'potentially' worth a few quid... i doubt i'll ever sell my collection... i'm a hoarder, and happy with that!

DannyBlack
31-01-2009, 10:55 PM
What complete pack of fannies :lol:

Get a sticky going for selling vinyl and stop whinging.

278d7e64a374de26f==