PDA

View Full Version : The Acid techno scene is alive and kicking because..

teknofilth
08-01-2009, 04:17 PM
..it is still THE soundtrack to many squatparties around London

Various parts of Europe, South America in particular love the acid sound, see how many of the SUF get bookings worldwide..often in countries where the crowd might not know the lyrics to "One Night in" but still 'ave it good n proper

There has been some wicked recent releases from labels such as Scythe Squadron/Hive/Neuroschocked..
..in addition to the ones from WahWah/RAW

The people that were part of the acid techno scene are still well and truly part of the scene(DDR, Henry, Rackitt, Gizelle, Chris, and probably more were all out at a NYE squatparty)

It's FUN to listen to acid techno..it's not dark ketamine "washing-machine" techno..it's the right side of bouncy..has enough cheeky lyrics to get people smiling

There really is nothing like a screaming 303 to twist the braincells

Acid techno parties have the best looking girls

And what with the recession, people will start wanting their mind stimulated more instead if relying on flatscreen TVs/celebrity gossip and lines of coke to go with the minimal techno..which means bye-bye minimal and HELLO ACID TECHNO CHUCK YOUR COAT IN THE CORNER(watch the pool of squatjuice) AND GET BLASTING OUT THE SPEAKERS!!!

Athar
08-01-2009, 06:41 PM
you right mate, acid techno is still alive and will be, no doubts

it means Natalie Portman likes acid techno ? :coolio:

djfilthmonger
08-01-2009, 09:59 PM
acid techno all the way. down right party music! got to love it.

davethedrummer
08-01-2009, 10:37 PM
yeah nye proofed it really
as if it needed proof
but it was bloody brilliant!
raving!

DVNT
08-01-2009, 10:50 PM
I enjoy a good bosh to it.

Greatly enjoyed playing a warehouse party with Techmouse in December.

People_Mover
09-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Can't comment about NYE cos I didn't go anywhere, but it's nice to know the scene is vibrant. I'm excited by the quality of the tunes being released of late - proper banging acid for a change - they work with the old acid classics rather than against them. For the newcomer to the scene, there's a hell of a lot to discover, and that warms my heart.

djfilthmonger
09-01-2009, 09:42 AM
yeah some top stuff out there. im really loving im bored (stay up Forever)Techno version ... very hard stomping track and it does well when played. I played a load of acid techno at a hse party and people seemed to really enjoy not many people into in these parts do. altough the other lads playing were crusty douche bags with all the levels turned up to the max, equipment wreckers!

teknofilth
09-01-2009, 02:24 PM
AND it has a regular outing on the fm airwaves..forcefm..i'd like to think that at least once someone who was looking for Heart 106.2 one Thursday evening..perhaps Steven Gerrard even, in London and searching out some Phil Collins locked onto 106.5 and then instead found himself lost in some 303 action..if he had maybe he wouldn't have got arrested last week or if he did at least he would have been arrested for requesting some SUF rather than Phil..that would have been good publicity for the scene..

steve mills
09-01-2009, 05:21 PM
AND it has a regular outing on the fm airwaves..forcefm..i'd like to think that at least once someone who was looking for Heart 106.2 one Thursday evening..perhaps Steven Gerrard even, in London and searching out some Phil Collins locked onto 106.5 and then instead found himself lost in some 303 action..if he had maybe he wouldn't have got arrested last week or if he did at least he would have been arrested for requesting some SUF rather than Phil..that would have been good publicity for the scene..

Acid Techno on the air waves each an every week from myself plus many many big names only on Force fm every Thursday, ive been pushing it for the past 10 yrs an the listener base is just getting stronger an stronger, where eles would you get your weekly dosage of 303 he he
nice one mate

fils_here
11-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Acid Techno on the air waves each an every week from myself plus many many big names only on Force fm every Thursday, ive been pushing it for the past 10 yrs an the listener base is just getting stronger an stronger, where eles would you get your weekly dosage of 303 he he
nice one mate

keep it up dude :wink:

miss kosmix
15-01-2009, 09:10 PM

where did u see them?? parties are filled with mashed up blokes

DarkYoung
15-01-2009, 10:46 PM
fils here?

teknofilth
15-01-2009, 11:32 PM
where did u see them?? parties are filled with mashed up blokes

look harder than the techno you play and you will find..

miss kosmix
16-01-2009, 04:55 PM
look harder than the techno you play and you will find..

u reckon if i play a loop from 10 yrs ago with a 303 they will magically appear ?

morbid
16-01-2009, 06:49 PM
pretty girls with polo noses though!

djfilthmonger
17-01-2009, 01:32 PM
u reckon if i play a loop from 10 yrs ago with a 303 they will magically appear ?

ha ha I think the sweaty Rave-aholics will come out of the crowds. shouting ****in yes! Go on!

TechMouse
17-01-2009, 02:21 PM
It's worth a go...

nekro
20-01-2009, 11:41 AM
probably more dead than it's ever been imo

hardly any good club nights, really bad free parties, very few vinyl releases etc...

were you on a pill when you posted this thread or something?

djfilthmonger
20-01-2009, 11:59 AM

hardly any good club nights, really bad free parties, very few vinyl releases etc...

We are talking about Acid Techno still alive and kicking not comparing it to the old days .

teknofilth
21-01-2009, 10:36 AM

No I wasn't on a pill..aren't pills like acid techno? not as good as before ;-)

It's not as big as it was but that's the case with most electronic genres..it's all cyclical innit
As long as the roots are still there and there are people still into it then to me it is still alive and kicking ..which is what my original post focused on..

xes
21-01-2009, 12:15 PM
I think Acid techno just needs some good PR man. Maybe a name change or something,and re-launch it. I think some people just plain can't f*cking handle it,the relentlessnes of it, THAT F*CKING NOISE (the one we all love) People just need reminding that it does indeed,f*cking still rock just as hard as it ever did.

So,with that in mind,what shall we now call acid techno?

djfilthmonger
21-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I think the name is fine.
altough "Hard Fast Unpredictable 303 Sounding Mentalism Techno"

nekro
21-01-2009, 01:36 PM
how about stale washing machine recycled 303 rebirth looped techno?

xes
21-01-2009, 01:38 PM
how about stale washing machine recycled 303 rebirth looped techno? well it's not exactly very catchy,but I'll consider it. :)

The_Laughing_Man
21-01-2009, 05:49 PM
To be honest, this whole thread I feel has a negative effect.
The actual statement/title of the thread should not need to be made.

Good music needs no defending
No music ever dies, it merely goes in or out of fashion, but it never dies.

Hell I went to see Tony Bennet at the Albert Hall last year, and it was one of the most amazing gigs I have ever been to in my life.
1950`s swing, the man is in his 80`s and he had people in tears, and got a roaring encore.

My point.

Acid techno, is acid techno.
People will like it, people will hate it, people will move on, people will rediscover it, some will find it for the first time and fall in love, and some, the die hards, will live with it for a long long time.

The music and the scene needs no defence, it will be what it needs and wants to be at the time.

DarkYoung
21-01-2009, 06:00 PM

The music and the scene needs no defence, it will be what it needs and wants to be at the time.

+1

davethedrummer
21-01-2009, 08:20 PM

Hell I went to see Tony Bennet at the Albert Hall last year, and it was one of the most amazing gigs I have ever been to in my life.
1950`s swing, the man is in his 80`s and he had people in tears, and got a roaring encore.

My point.

Acid techno, is acid techno.
People will like it, people will hate it, people will move on, people will rediscover it, some will find it for the first time and fall in love, and some, the die hards, will live with it for a long long time.

point!

278d7e64a374de26f==