PDA

View Full Version : Notes and grooves

Milesy
13-01-2009, 08:48 PM
What notation do you all prefer to work in? the 16th note of the 32nd note?

On my Electribe it only does 16th note on the inbuilt sequencer so delays are needed to get some extra sounds in between, but does anyone actually just work in the 32nd note to get some rolling techno depth happening from cubase or their DAW of choice?

Does anyone like to add some groove/swing into techno? or do you like to just manually move certain stuff out of the grid? :)

rhythmtech
13-01-2009, 09:05 PM
1/8ths, 16ths, 32nds, triplets, dotted, groove no groove.. whatever!

its all good :wink:

acidsaturation
14-01-2009, 09:59 AM
The electribes will go to 32nd note resolution, but it just means you can only have a maximum length of 2 measures instead of four.

But as rythmtech says... anything goes. When I'm using my electribes I tend to use 16th for live work as it's easier to keep all my patterns (on 3 electribes and a master RM1x) in sync if all the patterns are 4 measures, but it varies - if I want more tricksy rhythms I will use 32nd.

I think the swing on the electribes is a but gash, but I do manually shift notes on my RM1x, and I do use some of the crazy groove things in acid, or the groove quantises on my old MC303 (which are pretty good, one of it's strong points), or my TR707 to record midi patterns live into the RM1x..

278d7e64a374de26f==