PDA

View Full Version : Korg Kaoss Pad 2

K Front
15-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Im thinking of buying one of these, but im not really sure what there like. All i want it for really is to mess around with in between mixes, just a little toy really.
Has anyone got one or know what theyre like?

cascade
18-01-2004, 04:38 PM
sos about the late reply but it seams like theres only me got one.
haha
anyways,
firstly they are pricey but they are worth it.
huge improvement fro the first models.
ive loved every since i got one.
the best part of it are the bpm effects, similar system to a djm-600 as in its an effect that flows with the pace of the music. theres bpm effects for delay (my personall fave cause it sounds like the end of the world when used correctly :notworthy: ), bpm flanger/phazer/filter/looper/pan.

then theres the other 60 programmes, 12 synths, 8 or so beats and breaks. and then the last 10 are wicked programmes for the sampler, different ways to play the sample, scratching, reverese etc.

so what im trying to say is that its exactly as your described, a toy for in the middle of a song, makes some wicked builds and layers, i love it,
would recommend it anyone.

next :dance:

EmotionComplex
18-01-2004, 05:26 PM
i wasnt into the first kaos when they were released, a mate bought one, was ok but expensive and the build quality felt like a toy. i didnt feel like i had enough control over it also, could be a bit hit and miss sometimes.

But the kaos 2 looks a lot better to me, after speakin to j about them im considering getting one myself now :lol:

Col
18-01-2004, 08:51 PM
i used the first one. and i was impressed. i really enjoyed using it, you can get some really intresting results out of it. ive got to admit that when i first set eyes on it i thought to myself "what a load of bollox" and my initial thoughts carried on with me until i got a chance to give it a go.

im sure the 2nd one will be much better too. go get it mate.

dfndr
18-01-2004, 09:00 PM
i love my kaoss 1

DJTrubass
18-01-2004, 09:04 PM
i got a 2 and agrred the pm effects are the dogs bollox

278d7e64a374de26f==