PDA

View Full Version : [wip] h0ffman - Melodic Techno

h0ffman
16-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi There

I've been in the studio recently and gone back to writting some techno. This is a work in progress I made last night, working total Melodic Techno.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBUMWZBNDQ4Q1IzZUE9PQ

I'd love to hear any comments anyone might have. Also what labels might this kind of style be best suited to?

Cheers

DVNT
16-01-2009, 11:40 PM
**** YEA!!!

DVNT
16-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Nah, this is really nice Ian. :) It has flow.

platform1
17-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Nice track mate.... got abit bored at the begining but really sounds lush at 2 min mark when that bass pad comes in with the effect... break down and everything after that is lush, really enjoying that bit.

The sounds and effects are really good, production sound good too

could maybee add a heavier stab type melody in there

some edits and automation is needed for the begining part to make it more interesting.. would love to hear it when it complete.

Little_Fella!
17-01-2009, 02:14 AM
I know that if I was in the right mood I would be lovin' this track...

Very nice hypnotic vibe going on and nice choice of riff structure - - on headphones so can't do much production advices

I like the spacing of your sounds and everything is where it should be as far as your stereo field is concerned...

This comes across as a more trancey affair, in good taste mind, but I feel your wasting time on the intro - - although I know it's for mixing purposes - - perhaps shave 30secs of this and see how it feels once you get used to it...

Ummmmm... this will give you 30 secs elsewhere to play with your layers a bit longer - - which is more important than dj mix intro time, in ma humble opinion...

these days folk are mixing in Ableton et al, so they don't need the mixing space as they can create their own... jus a thought anyways... cool track :cool:

Siege
17-01-2009, 02:31 AM
liking the melodies in this....... id half the intro by a minute and add some extra elements in there, some bits and bobs working off each other in the begining section and some throughout.
would give the trk a bit more progression from start to finish. On the pc speakers at the mo,but sounds pretty good.

magneze
17-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Really like this. :yup:

BloodStar
17-01-2009, 03:11 PM
very nice track. cant comment on the content as i like it as it is, maybe intro should be shorten as already mentioned.
prudciton wise, i like it, but i am missing some saturated groove bass,. sub is nicely fat and givin it nice flow, but i think it could benefit from adding another short length note groove bassline as the track goes, something bit more dirty.
good track, anyway.

vinvanman
17-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Production sounds good, actually its great for a track made the night before, nice melody and space in the music, personally i'd add a few stabs / effects to make it sound a little more sinister i think it would work well with the brewding bassline in this tune. I'm sure there are many labels out there for this style of techno but i can't name any, doh! good tune dude.

278d7e64a374de26f==