PDA

View Full Version : Ben Deviant - 'Intergroove 111'

Little_Fella!
17-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Well I must say that 'Christ's Farce' and an extended New Year nearly killed me - - and trashed my wallet... :fekkin' fing ! ! whoops:

Hope ya all had a good one...:mrmyagi:

Aaaaaaanyways...

This has been on the shelf since afore the festivities and aaam struggling for ideas to take it to the 5min or so mark...

I don't have a name for it, which is why I feel it has no identity yet, and can't get a handle on what I'm doing with it...

Production pointers as to movement etc. will be greatfully received as agaiin there is an attack of static-itus.... :crackup:

Ben Deviant - 'Intergroove 111' (http://www.mediafire.com/?n4m5oyrztno)

BloodStar
17-01-2009, 03:04 PM
that's a wicked track, man. wouldnt expect it. one of the bests i've heard from you. the main synth riff is pretty addictive :) good energy in he bottom end, the sub bass rumble is fat as ****. gooood.
production wise, it sounds good to me. maybe mids lacks a bit, but other than that it sounds well balanced and mixed together. kick has the right punch, sub is fat as ****, well done. i would maybe try put more verb on those little lead sounds. the one which starts plazing around 1:00 sounds very good, but others are maybe bit dry for my likings :]
anyway, cant say any wrong other than i am looking forward to full length track :-]

platform1
17-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah mate, havnt heard anything from you in a while(track wise).. but looks like uve nailed the bottom end, the kick and the hats.. really good production there.. the mids need to be fatter, some reverb or distortion might work!?!? maybee adding another element to the mids might work.. like a stabbing 2 chord progression, maybee

Little_Fella!
18-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Ahhhhhh...

Such kind words Vlasta and Platform 1 - - alas, I cannot take full credit for the bottom end lovelyness... I feel such a fraud!! :briggin:

This track started life as a 120bpm house loop as I had gotten Steve round to demonstrate the 'how to' technique of this, for ma reference point...
"Sit down and show me!!", I demanded ... :briggin: he hee

Then I decided this can't go to waste :idea: so endeavored to techno it up by increasing bpm, using techno effects on the main riff and the 303, adding the lead sound at the beginning and then building the percussion and laying out the track from there... :idea:

Well I'm glad i did coz I like this one maself - it has promise...

Cheers for the feedback there guys... :cool:

vinvanman
18-01-2009, 01:12 PM
It sure does have promise, lovely deep sub and punching kik, clean hats, busy synth lines, the finished track is something to look forward to

Siege
18-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Loving this Ben, bottom end is FAT, really like all the other elements too....nice selection of sounds.

get this finished man, this would kick arse on the floor!

Jay Pace
22-02-2009, 05:19 AM
This sounds lovely ben, sorry take me so long to comment back! Had a bunch of stuff on player and been meaning to comment for ages.

yeah, as said by the others, production on this sounds lovely. Big, beefy and nicely balanced, Synth riff is infectious and this has great potential. An obvious route to go down would to be to split the track in half with a break section, take out the big beefy bass and lets the synths scream around in the middle for a bit, before kicking the bass back in. That would take you to around 6 minutes and would sound hefty on the floor. Got more than enough good elements on the go, just a case of marshalling them into order and getting the best out of them.

Look forward to hearing the final cut mate

Little_Fella!
13-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Big up Jay...:dance: good to hear from Ya

Cheers for the pointers there as I needed someone to kick start my brain - - at the moment I seem to be able to get some nice little ditties going upto the Main Loop stage but can't seem to focus on progression elements and settle down and find the time to add movement and such... pesky bah! :hmmm:

force
30-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Allo mate.

This is good stuff.
Like has already been said, its got a lovely thick, punchy bottom end and some fine 'techno' elements.
Maybe a little LFO inspired filtering on some of those synth loops, but hey, that's probably just a preference thing.
You know i cant leave things alone. :)

278d7e64a374de26f==