PDA

View Full Version : Tester- djfilthmonger

djfilthmonger
18-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Right I havent been here in a while. but i have track im toying ard with. give a listen and give feedback if u like.
http://rapidshare.com/files/185676339/TESTER.mp3

its fairly basic at the moment. and I may drop the bpm from 145 to 130 .... I seen the dirtybass thread and it reminded of the awesome DB records i got a few years back, so im thinking along that style. I plan to add more of a melody and some tribal percussion to it .
I'm starting to understand the frequency and equalizing of the track little more so if u have any pointers on that thanks in advance

djfilthmonger
21-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Any feedback on this guys? I did add a lot on top of it , but i may skim it down and work on a nicer bass pattern, any suggestions on bass pattern's?

DannyBlack
21-01-2009, 07:28 PM
On it amigo!

stjohn
04-02-2009, 01:55 AM
how doo..
theres some cool ideas in there. its a bit stripped back to really get a solid idea but heres where id go from there:

beat: is a bit static and predictable. try extend out your loop to a bar or 2.. with little variations. im also not a huge fan of snares on the 2nd beat either... the remind me of 80s music :D but to tehno it up try some distortion and reverb on it.

bass: again quite rigid, if possible try get some swing in there. it always sounds great with bass

kick: i reckon you could get another kick in there if you Eq'd it up a bit.

hope it helps man

djfilthmonger
04-02-2009, 10:40 AM
cheers mate , i have total change this one , but i havent gone near now in a while but cheers for the advice

Radic
07-02-2009, 11:34 PM
listening now - i recieved a mono file. why aren't you working in a stereo file?

278d7e64a374de26f==