PDA

View Full Version : everyone should own one of these.

rhythmtech
20-01-2009, 06:38 PM
novation nocturne

http://www.de-bug.de/musiktechnik/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/362.jpg

the automap technology is stunning. no more fiddling about with CC controllers. just open your vst and its automatically mapped!

used in conjunction with the digi002 console, i barely have to touch my keyboard or mouse anymore. theres a transpaent HUD display that sits over your daw telling you what each control does. and for those of you that are to lazy to press one button to open the HUD theres even a speed dial knob in the middle. just over your mouse over the control you want to use and twist the speed dial!

picked mine up for €60, but ive seen them even cheaper online.

morbid
20-01-2009, 11:02 PM
I was after one of these but heard some mixed reviews, have you had any problems with automap or the speed dial?

I heard about the speeddial not working properly in some hosts?

They do look pure sex though and for the price its hard to resist

rhythmtech
21-01-2009, 01:26 AM
no problems but they only just updated the drivers to work with RTAS (yay!!) so the new ones probably fixed any bugs.

vinvanman
21-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Looks good, would be handy, must check around for good price

DannyBlack
21-01-2009, 08:08 PM
looks like a nice piece of kittage.

BloodStar
22-01-2009, 08:34 AM
the automap would be stunning if works correctly. but it's not at the moment. it's waste of money buying this.

morbid
22-01-2009, 09:54 AM
^^^^^

thats what I was told - elaborate please, I havent used it myself

rhythmtech
22-01-2009, 01:09 PM
the automap would be stunning if works correctly. but it's not at the moment. it's waste of money buying this.

automap works perfectly here. not one problem. maybe you havent tried version 2 of the drivers?

BloodStar
22-01-2009, 01:26 PM
automap works perfectly here. not one problem. maybe you havent tried version 2 of the drivers?

i put it back to shop after I started facing problems. Dial knob was moving the mouse pointer, so it was almost impossible to map the parametr properly. could be solved with some update, but still you dont get anything special for the money.
personally i would go for something with more knobs, faders, etc... Don't mind not having automap, as maping manually is no problem for me.
now waiting for the akai apc40.....

rhythmtech
22-01-2009, 01:48 PM
i put it back to shop after I started facing problems. Dial knob was moving the mouse pointer

thats what happens when you select a non-wrapped plug-in.

you do know that you have to wrap your plugs first?

waves SSL comp becomes "SSL comp (Automap)" and thats the one you need to choose from your list otherwise it doesnt work.

BloodStar
22-01-2009, 01:51 PM
i know, you have to wrap all the plugins first. then it creates another copy of it. still didnt work fine after i did this.

rhythmtech
22-01-2009, 01:56 PM
i know, you have to wrap all the plugins first. then it creates another copy of it. still didnt work fine after i did this.

strange, probably version 1 software then. anyway, zero problems here.

reson i went for it was space. i have an older novation remote 25, a laptop, a digi 002 and two screens on my desk already, last thing i needed was another big controller!!

and the remote is a bitch to setup with protools, you need to set up seperate templates for each plug-in.. bollox to that :lol:

the 002 has amazing control for plugins but unfortunatly it doesnt support the extra 5 inserts that protools8 has so i needed something cheap and cheerful to control them..

like i said, works flawlessly here.

BloodStar
22-01-2009, 02:03 PM
hmm, yeah it's while ago,. i should maybe keep it and after some driver updates i could be happy now,.
haha,. i have got same problem with the free space on my desk. i should better buy bigger desk first than buying another controllers,. hmm, but you know.....

rhythmtech
22-01-2009, 02:12 PM
i need a new desk too! i have an old digidesign pro control coming my way on monday. its quite a big console and its going to take up 90% of my desk :confused:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/rhythmtech/DSC00047.jpg

BloodStar
22-01-2009, 02:14 PM
nice1

rhythmtech
22-01-2009, 02:19 PM
wont be too nice when i realise that nothing fits in my room anymore!! :lol:

acidsaturation
23-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Move House... Solved all my space problems... ;op

278d7e64a374de26f==