PDA

View Full Version : Audio interface/Sound card for producing and dj'ing.

Winds
21-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm looking to get a new sound card so I can make a start with producing. I'm also considering using ableton for a 3rd deck & effects to go with my exisiting setup, and am looking for a way to kill 2 birds with one stone really...an audio interface I can use for dj'ing with ableton and for producing.

Does anyone know much about native instrument's audio 8? Ive been pretty interested in final scratch too & thought I could use the audio 8 as an all rounder. Producing, ableton & final scratch if I decided to.

Jay Pace
21-01-2009, 04:49 PM
You want serato scratch, that works well with ableton. Don't think any of the others work with ableton at the moment.

Avoid final scratch altogether.

Winds
22-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Ok cheers. Only considering scratch at the moment to be honest.

Does anyone know much M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R USB?

I have been reading back through old threads and the MOTU 828 seems like a good choice. But is that more than I need at the moment as Im only just starting out?

Jay Pace
22-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Its loads more than you need, and you won't be able to run a digital dj tool.

If you're starting out and want to crossover into digital djing, just start out with ableton and integrate it into a traditional dj setup.

Unless you're going to be running a load of hardware, you don't need many ins and outs on your soundcard, so the 828 whilst brilliant is overkill. Do you have an external mixer to work with? Again, if no you don't need a top of the range soundcard.

You can get top drawer sound quality from a 100 pound M-Audio card. Or maybe this?

http://www.thomann.de/es/mackie_onyx_satellite.htm

Winds
22-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Wicked, thanks Jay. Would I be able to connect a midi controller through that?

278d7e64a374de26f==