PDA

View Full Version : Minidisc to Pc Upload

Philth
26-01-2003, 06:38 PM
all right... i hope someone can help.
last night we threw a party in toronto and i borrowed a friend of mine's minidisc recorder to record all of the dj sets. all i want to do i upload the sets from the minidisc to my computer so i can eventually burn some cd's to give to the dj's.
i just found out that the minidiscs do not allow minidisc to pc uploads. but i am sure that someone out there knows how to do this.... any free programs that will allow you to do this....
do you guys just take the headphone out of the minidisc into your mixer and then record it again onto your computer with sound forge or whatever....

thanks in advance,
phil

Azz
26-01-2003, 06:51 PM
I just plug my minidisc into my line in port on your soundcard. Then I use a program called Total Recorder to record to wav or mp3. You can download the program from http://www.highcriteria.com/ then download a crack from somewhere else...

saki nzyme
26-01-2003, 08:39 PM
it easy all you do mate is, buy a jack to jack lead plug one in your sound card the other into your mini disc, press play on the mini disc and record in sound forge or sum other music software.

when the mix has finished save it as a wav file and away you go to burn onto cd.

Philth
28-01-2003, 10:17 PM
yeah... that's what i did.
it just seems retarded that you can transfer files from your pc to minidisc quickly, but then have to re-record to get the file from the minidisc back to the pc...?? there should be a quicker way to transfer the files....
thanks though.

peace,
phil

278d7e64a374de26f==