View Full Version : Hydraulix 22

Louk
16-01-2004, 05:02 PM
got this today what a ****ing blinder of a track

1 2 3 and 1 and 2 to the 3 and... :)

Louk

dan the acid man
16-01-2004, 06:29 PM
it is a bit good isnt it, i know some people on here are'nt going to like it but i love it, hoping to pick this up tomorrow :dance:

anx
16-01-2004, 06:53 PM
had this for about a month now and i must say everytime its played people freak out.

jump bounce shout

hahaha

dan the acid man
16-01-2004, 10:06 PM
i have alot of friends who listen to speed garage and thinking about it this record has a similar feel to the records they listen to. :dance:

anx
16-01-2004, 10:48 PM
u have friends that listen to speed garage? jeez what are you doing man!

haha just joking

jimmy west
17-01-2004, 11:41 AM
i feel the last 2 hydraulix tracks 21and22 have been let downs compared to the previous high standards gettin to hard house for my likin

jonnyspeed
17-01-2004, 05:34 PM
:lol:

I get the same thing - people saying, man if we use your decks for a party its just going to be banging techno, init? Then you play Hydraulix, SUf, Wah Wah, MaxMin, Subvert, Don't, Routemaster and they are like "no I like this I just don't like that shit techno" :?:

I always just say any music is good if you like it init they rest is just either annoying or wallpaper, but no music is shit :lol:

el_satan666
17-01-2004, 10:53 PM
I agree with people liking the jack'd-acid over "techno", or people saying to ya "hey man, play that.. play that blade song..ya know..deeh-di-di-dih..man i'm SOOO underground".

Anyways, I think people like D.A.V.E. the drummer are realizing this and trying to ca$$h in on it. Hydraulix 22 wasn't anything compared to earlier stuff. Bit dissappointed with 21 and 20.

Ah well.

jonnyspeed
18-01-2004, 01:17 AM
Its more of a "music written by DJs for DJs" than $ - Hydraulix amybe just doesn't sound so fresh to you as it used too? Personally I like most of it... #5 was not my thing but the rest are cool. Playing more Powertools at the moment though - Ant may be more to your taste?

el_satan666
19-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Ant does suit me well, and the Lib's always up for new and exciting things, cant wait for more! I just reckon that Hydraulix is past its glory days, and should either change it's tune or get out of it. Acid needs new blood, not stale repetitive / or disco-breaky loops.

dan the acid man
19-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Ant does suit me well, and the Lib's always up for new and exciting things, cant wait for more! I just reckon that Hydraulix is past its glory days, and should either change it's tune or get out of it. Acid needs new blood, not stale repetitive / or disco-breaky loops.

are you serious, i dont agree with you one bit here, to say hydraulix is past its glory days just because you have'nt liked the past couple of releases is a bit much, one of the things i love about hydraulix is the releases are so varied, this in my opnion stops it from getting stale or repetetive

Numeric
19-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Yeah man...

Not everything Hydraulix put out is to my tastes, but i still have a listen to anything that's new, as you never know when a serious banger is on the horizon...

Paul Zykotik
19-01-2004, 11:32 AM
The last Hydraulix I heard was 20, but they've all been well up to par before that. It's certainly done a better job of keeping fresh than RAW has.

slacker
20-01-2004, 12:08 PM
personally, I would like to hear more releases like hydro 14. both sides were wicked and fairly different sounding.

FACE YOUR TURNTABLES IN FRONT OF YOUR GUESTS! BANGBANGBANG CRUNCHYBANGBANG! :lol:

el_satan666
20-01-2004, 02:35 PM
are you serious, i dont agree with you one bit here, to say hydraulix is past its glory days just because you have'nt liked the past couple of releases is a bit much, one of the things i love about hydraulix is the releases are so varied, this in my opnion stops it from getting stale or repetetive

While I'll still check them out in the shops, and probably buy them, I stand by my offensive opinion.

Even as I write, I'm listening to H.12, 14 and comparing to 20 & 22, to make sure I beleive what I'm writing. 20 & 22 just don't do it for me like 12 and 14 did and continue to do.

While you're right about Hydro releasing varied tracks, I still beleive, as with a lot of acid now, it's taking a more mainstream direction.

DJMAYA
27-01-2004, 12:45 AM
This label knows what its doing!!!!

22 21 20 19 all have a direction. looking at the bigger picture its easy to see the direction things are going. one thing about this label and i don't know why , but the tunes seem to grow and grow the more i play them out. they definitely have to be heard and felt on a p.a to be understood.

all i need to say is this....

thank god somebody has a sense of humour and makes such down to the ground funky music:)

slavestudios
28-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Hydraulix 13.5 has been the high point for me.

or 17 is it with the super funk bassline ? thats fukin having it big :dance:

Numeric
28-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Best Hydraulix = 17B

:clap:

Tiptoe
02-02-2004, 09:06 PM
got this the other day and i love it. Am really lovin that jackin acid techno sound at the minute. Keep up the good work i say!

jonnyspeed
02-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Best Hydraulix is 16

basslinejunkie
02-02-2004, 09:41 PM
i think the earlier 1s where the best(particualry the 1s i havent got :cry: ) thats not knockin the newer realeses.hydraulix is definately 1 of the most consistent labels.

dan the acid man
02-02-2004, 10:35 PM
16 and 9 are bloody brilliant, also loving the new one, very funky :dance:

davethedrummer
03-02-2004, 02:41 AM
mainstream!!! commercial!!!!!

yeah man i'm just ****ing cashing in aren't i ??????

ONLY WAIT A MINUTE......

there's no cash!!!!!!
hahahaha.

i make the music that I like and then i release it
there is no other reason than that
if it sells great, personally number 21 is better than 14
so there.

etc etc etc

god it just goes on and on this arguement doesn't it.?

i'm annoyed about some statements made earlier
but i don't see the point in replying.

el_satan666
03-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Firstly, I want to apologize for taking such a provacative stance with my first few posts. It's bad when the producer themselves says they're annoyed with ya, specially at 2:41am, (yeh check the post time). I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Part b):
I'm also willing to admit that I'm partially wrong as I probably didn't give the records that swayed me this way enough time. I do reckon that a lot of people in this forum know more about all this than me, so I will take their advice. I stand corrected.

Dave, please keep up the good work.

The Overfiend
03-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Just keep doing what your doing Dave.
You are at where you are now because people like your music.
One or two nay sayers wont affect your appeal 3 years from now.
Unless you do decide to do that barbie girl remix ;)

Si the Sigh
03-02-2004, 02:51 PM
...now theres an idea! :!: (Si the Sigh runs off to his broomcupboard studio)

anx
03-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Hydraulix 13.5 has been the high point for me.

13.5? i dont think so....

dirty_bass
03-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Phuck it man, you gotta make what you like, otherwise where`s the fun?
I may not allways like your stuff Henry, but you`ve made so many damn fines tunes, my collection of vinyl bulges with stuff of yours I do like.
Just keep on doin the do, and don`t listen to the voices!

anx
03-02-2004, 05:24 PM
when is henry just going to realize he sucks and that he should just go and do the only thing he is really good at...which im not really sure of but i know it involves barbeque chicken and paper hats

jonnyspeed
03-02-2004, 09:04 PM
when is henry just going to realize he sucks and that he should just go and do the only thing he is really good at...which im not really sure of but i know it involves barbeque chicken and paper hats

you fackin' muppet. If you don't like Henry, why comment? I think you are just been rude now.

Paul Nisbet
03-02-2004, 09:09 PM

U r being ****in silly man.

Get a grip like!

Paul Nisbet
03-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Oh and by the way 16 and 18 are my faves...

18 is so dark and thumping, kinda like how i would like to be in bed.

But ahm so not! :oops:

:lol:

anx
03-02-2004, 09:24 PM

you fackin' muppet. If you don't like Henry, why comment? I think you are just been rude now.

SARCASM.

i love henry and i own every single hydraulix record....i really didnt think anyone would take me seriously seeing is how on the first page i said how much i love hyrdo 22...

geez guys get a grip here :roll:

dan the acid man
03-02-2004, 11:20 PM
maybe you should have ended your post with a smiley, sarcasm doesnt work in text :lol:

MrAcid
03-02-2004, 11:46 PM
hydraulix is the best underground techno label actually....
if u listen the releases one by one , u always can see new ideas...u can
see the evolution!!
henry mades a serious job in this label , if you guys wants to critique , do it...but please : constructive critiques !!!

anx
04-02-2004, 01:26 AM
maybe you should have ended your post with a smiley, sarcasm doesnt work in text :lol:

sorry! heh

damn no edit button

Methodixxx
04-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Don't mind the moody cunts (heehee ;) ) anx, I got it :shifty:

davethedrummer
04-02-2004, 10:07 AM
can we stop this thread now?
at the end of the day i might do the odd commercial thing
but i'll always do my underground thing too
and i don't think i'll ever make it into the charts so we're pretty safe.

it's all getting a bit personal

let's just talk about the music instead

and anx don't worry i was a little confused but i did get the sarcasm
and laughed (a bit)

must admit one of the earlier posts just made me really depressed for a while , i'm not the most confident of people and sometimes things like that can really get me down

so let's leave it here shall we?

MARKEG
04-02-2004, 11:10 AM
hydraulix trying to cash in? don't make me laugh. what a ridiculous statement. anyway, don't let it get you down d, it's one person saying one thing on the internet.

we're not all here to love davey d's music but jesus christ. if henry wanted to cash in he's in the wrong game. i think after the amount of years he's been doing this he would have realised that by now - don't you?

MARKEG
04-02-2004, 11:11 AM
sorry yeah, let's leave it. it's all very silly.

anx
04-02-2004, 05:14 PM
well henry if you do manage to cash in on hydraulix you can use all that money to buy plane tickets to beat up everyone who ever said anything bad about you on the internet! ;) <--------see! there is my smilie!

***if you have never seen "jay and silent bob strike back" then that statement wont make any sense really***

Metadog
04-02-2004, 05:41 PM
hydraulix is number one underground techno label imho

full confidence vote to henry and a special medal for services to underground techno over the years

basslinejunkie
04-02-2004, 06:58 PM
spot on.hydraulix like i said b4 is definately 1 of the most consitently gd labels around in my opinion,an dave/henry is also 1 of the most consistently good producers/remixers.

lee_lotzof
18-02-2004, 01:26 PM
big up to Henry! :clap: :clap:

I for one, love his stuff, and i dont care what people say ever! so carry on DAVE :rambo: and do it...**** em.your where most people wud love to be, and you do things in producing which is taking it further.

Nah i aint no lick ass, in fact ive been a member for this board for a long time, but i kinda just read stuff, and i dont tend to add comments (only when i feel i really need to, like NOW!)

It hurts me when people diss music in this scene alot, well i mea u get it in any genres i guess, but man, this is people...and sometimes it creates bad energy...which aint good.

Ok i like all forms of techno,ALL. i can and i will.weather hard or clubby, acid wotever....if i like ...i like. if i like the latest Coldplay song, i like, if i like classical....i like... :!:

Dont slate me for these comments :crackup: , i may be a little angry at the moment. :rambo: but im just passionate about it all. :love: :love:

I guess, if this is ur first time in seeing my name here, then hello....nice intro eh??? maybe ill post my regular from now. i kinda got alot of opinions, but i dont tend to fell the 'need' to voice them, especially when so negative, and non constructive.

over n out ;) peace :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==