PDA

View Full Version : Problemo with interface

ritaheed
04-02-2009, 12:00 PM
just went to switch on ma interface as normal today n theres basically hey haw coming out of the speakers apart from fuzziness.....

defo not blew anythin because i havnt gave the speakers a good blasting or nothin

ive got the saphire pro 10 i/o

so ive took everythin apart and re installed the interface but still nothin

on the device menu for the volume mixer there is an input comin threw for the interface (im just tryin to play a set) but nothin apart fae heavy fuzziness is comin out of these speakers

even in the head phone monitering part there is just fuzziness

HELP!!!

BloodStar
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
i'd check the cables, then update all drivers. also watch your IRQ, as the problem can be, your soundcard si sharing same IRQ with other devices, like graphic card, etc which could cause the problems, or the soundcard is ****ed and you should get it repaired...

ritaheed
04-02-2009, 02:54 PM
sound mate - tried to update the drivers but it said tht there was no devices connected.... but theres defo a signal goin to the interface, as i can see this in the device menu bit - dnt think the sound card is ****d - not long had it n it was workin sound last nite

BloodStar
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
did you set correct bit depth and sample rate for the output?

ritaheed
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
mate i did tht wen i first installed it but ive not done tht since rebooting the whole thing - il do tht the now. cheers man

Milesy
04-02-2009, 04:57 PM
sound mate - tried to update the drivers but it said tht there was no devices connected.... but theres defo a signal goin to the interface, as i can see this in the device menu bit - dnt think the sound card is ****d - not long had it n it was workin sound last nite

Doesn't matter how long you have had it mate. It could have been lying on a shelf and knocked about for years before you bought it.

I bought a regular Saffire last year, and it broke within 1 day. Was getting absolutely nothing out the outputs at all. Took it back to the shop I got it, and they gave me a new one which I took home and it worked straight away. Not had a problem since - touch wood.

Does your Saffire model have the Saffire control panel thing?

Can you even get Winamp or Media player or anything to play through it?

ritaheed
04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
nah media player aint playin thru it mate - but wot a cant understand is tht there is a signal goin to the saffire but nothin comin out - aye its gt the control panel thingy - gna kp bashin away at it for now - was workin fine last nite - ive only had it about a month aswell

Milesy
04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Whenever the problem happens it will always be working the night before lol ;) :p

It could be a problem with a digital to analog converters, which would mean the output is not driven out the thing - this is what happened to mine.

Have you tried outputs other than the main 1/2 outputs ? If you go into your windows control panel and then into your sound options you should be able to change your default output to another pair of outputs like 3/4, or 5/6 etc.

In all honestly I hate my Saffire card, the routing options are too much of a pain in the neck... the headphone outputs share the output 1/2 signal path so monitoring output from other channels means you need to start mixing the channels and you loose channels when you do that...

I am getting rid of mine soon and getting a Motu 828mk3

ritaheed
04-02-2009, 05:26 PM
il try tht mate - never thot of usin the other outputs....

ritaheed
04-02-2009, 06:36 PM
this is really buggin my happiness...
ive tried all outputs n the exact same shiit is happenin....

ive tried to different connections n no difference,

gna need to send this back 2morro - pure nightmare - final attempt a think

wot should my ASIO buffer size be? n also the firewire buffer size? ive got a good lappy....

gna re-instal this again

ritaheed
04-02-2009, 07:03 PM
did you set correct bit depth and sample rate for the output?

mate wot should this be ?

ritaheed
04-02-2009, 07:03 PM
i'd check the cables, then update all drivers. also watch your IRQ, as the problem can be, your soundcard si sharing same IRQ with other devices, like graphic card, etc which could cause the problems, or the soundcard is ****ed and you should get it repaired...

how a go about this IRQ mate?

ritaheed
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
desperate stages here..... drivers are not updating so am stressed to the hill....

if someone could maybe help us by 2morro tht would be great but if no its goin back!!

BloodStar
05-02-2009, 03:14 PM
how a go about this IRQ mate?

I see you have got FW card, so IRQ shouldnt cause the problems. anyway, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRQ_conflict

It seems, there must be something wrong with the card. Did you update the firmware??? If not, then go to Focusrite site and download/install it. http://www.focusrite.com/support/software/saffire_pro_10_io/

There can be also problems with FW controller,. Update the drivers for your motherboard, then try to install SP3 (it is sorting some strange behavior and problems with FW controller). then if nothing helps, i would suggest you to send the card back to shop..

ritaheed
06-02-2009, 03:13 PM
after re-installing/trying to update the firmware (at first nothing was updating), in the sound device menu it showed tht inputs 5-6 and 7-8 were workin so i conneted the monitors into these inputs.... sound was comin thru for about 30 seconds n then it froze - n nothin came out.... went back into the sound device menu and inputs 5-6 and 7-8 were not showing and now no sound is comin out, however the sound device menu does show there is the saffire pro there but does not show inputs 1-2, 2-3 etc..... HELP!!!!

BloodStar
06-02-2009, 03:34 PM
the last thing i would try, update motherboard drivers and then install sp3 for windows.

ritaheed
06-02-2009, 04:22 PM
wots sp3 for windows?? ive updated vista but is updating the motherboard seperate to this?

Milesy
06-02-2009, 04:29 PM
sp3 is an xp thing.. should not make a difference to you...

I dont think this is a software issue anyway mate... after my own experience I reckon its the hardware.... Focusrite was once considered a pro audio dealer, but they are now highly disregarded by a lot of the pro community due to their cheap components and designs.

http://www.mercenary.com/whynofocusrite.html

ritaheed
06-02-2009, 04:43 PM
ok mate - many thanks for ur help, much appreciated but think am gona give up now, time to send it back to the shops

278d7e64a374de26f==