PDA

View Full Version : Music in workplaces thing

APC
06-02-2009, 09:42 PM
From what I gather, if you play music in your workplace then you should be paying some tax so that music peoples get moneys so that you aint broadcasting their stuff without them getting sorted. Or somat.

If this is so, if I am knocking out a DDR live set or whathaveyou, then why should I pay someone this tax? I'm assuming that the money all goes to BROS, NKOTB and Billie Piper? Does any filter down to more underground artists? I would not object so much if they got a fair whack.

Can anyone explain how this tax works within the techno genre as if they ever come to my work asking for cash then I am more likely gonna bury them in one of my fields than pay them unless I cash actually goes where I want it to go.

RDR
07-02-2009, 11:56 PM
If you play in a live music venue in the UK it will be covered by a PRS license and that makes no difference if its a DJ or a band. The monies collected by the PRS are given to artists in amounts which depend on the mathematical calculations and radio play lists that the PRS does/collects. An artist with higher plays gets more than an indie artist.

weekender_veteran
08-02-2009, 02:40 AM
i've heard loads about 'limiters' latley.

is it true,
that when i go out to listen to dj's playinlive sets, the volume will now be limited?

limited to what?

will us clubbers be able to tell the difference between max volume and half volume???????????????

what difference would a limiter make?

i am only playing devils advocate, i dont understand , what difference would itmake?
is it considerable?!!!!!!!!!

would we 'as clubbers' be able to tell the diference?????????????????

king_woody1
20-02-2009, 05:11 PM
you might not hear the difference especially as after a while your ears climatise to how loud it is and its loud whatever but it would be in how much you felt the bass i recon

278d7e64a374de26f==