PDA

View Full Version : DJ Bam Bam

jonnyspeed
17-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Getting really into DJ Bam Bam, got a wicked big booty bass :)

Picked up Head Trauma EP this week. Really love the simplicity and timelessness of the bass and old skool samples... http://bassheavymusic.com/audio/cok002.mp3

http://www.djbambam.com - toot toot !

:clap: anybody else into this? Any suggestions of similar stuff?

Esox Lucius
17-01-2004, 10:49 AM
most stuff on jackstar you will probably like then.

if you want booty stuff check out pro-jex aswell.

jonnyspeed
17-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Man, don't know where my head is - just seem the posts about Ghetto Tech\Booty from last week. http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1757

:roll:

jonnyspeed
17-01-2004, 10:57 AM
cheers man, just found http://www.jackstar-recordings.com/

aiii :lol:

Esox Lucius
17-01-2004, 11:06 AM
you might want to check out breakin records aswell mate, 313 bass mechanics in particular :clap:

Esox Lucius
17-01-2004, 11:07 AM
if you want any advice on jackstar, ask paul langley on here, he owns the label.

jonnyspeed
17-01-2004, 11:29 AM
if you want any advice on jackstar, ask paul langley on here, he owns the label.

man, for a minute I forgot how good this board is. :clap: Its like buying records of somebody you saw out at a party at the weekend. man, when I was into Jello Biafra there was no way you could just have a chat with them! I've been a fan of Henry's for about 5 years and find it bazaar when he joins in posts.

So my big question is - where's the best place to buy Jackstar. I kinda don't want to pay $ to get it shipped from the states. Maybe a euro site that's not in german :)

wicked!

The Overfiend
18-01-2004, 04:07 AM
Dj Bam Bam got a lot of people into techno in America unknowingly by purchasing his da hard beats mix.especially by sneaking in trax by Ze Mig and Lawrie.

Dustin Zahn
18-01-2004, 10:10 AM
bam bam and langely (I believe) just put out an EP not too long ago on Tonewrecker. You should check that out if you're into the ghetto type thing. Tonewrecker is ran by Paul Birken. Birken just did another one on Don't (Jerome Hill's label). He's one of the nicest guys I know, definetely check that stuff out.

jonnyspeed
18-01-2004, 10:35 AM
pickec up Jackstar 1 and Tonewrecker 6 from Trackheads - wicked! I just love the stomping bass without having that plodd plodd you *sometimes* get off artists like Glenn Wilson (please don't shoot me!)

Man, thank you all! I just want a Jackstar skinny t-shirt for work now just show how much booty there is in my heart.

And Paul Langley - what's his nick on here as I searched for him to send a PM and got no results under "paul*" or "lang*"

Esox Lucius
18-01-2004, 10:49 AM
his username is JACKSTAR mate

tekku7181
18-01-2004, 12:01 PM
quality stuff and keepin real -- respect to bam bam :rambo

DJZeMig_L
18-01-2004, 07:30 PM
ALso check the stuff my his rigth arm man.. Alex Peace, he does most of the vocals for bam bam... They're both real nutters and the coolest cats around, Straight Up for the Jack it Up guys...
Bam Also did some remixes and a solo on Djax Up Beats recently..

He also does stuff for Topaz records in the USA..

I think the last 1 was DJ BAM BAM FEAT ALEX PEACE Topaz 454 - Straight To Ya Dome ... it was a crapy remix by lil'o me! :P

Z

Sunil
18-01-2004, 07:33 PM
"Do you speak Chicago?" by him on Djax is pretty good.

JACKSTAR
22-01-2004, 01:57 AM
Did somebody call ?

DJ Bam Bam in my mind is the best producer around bar none !!!!
His production is so slick and funky and he's a badass DJ too.
When I first heard his remix of Robotman on UC 4 years ago I had to get incontact and ask if he would be interested in releasing some music on my Jackstar label. His releases just get stronger and stronger and he's only 23 !!!!
I'm getting him over from the USA next month to play a few gigs with me which'll be alot of fun. Everytime you ever hear a Bam Bam track at club you know straightaway because the bass & kickdrum just knocks everything out of the way. I can honestly say I think Bam Bam will be the biggest DJ from the USA in a few years as what he produces is such a breath of freshair and this is what caught my ears it's just a case of getting all the promoters in Europe to se this.

Bam is starting his own label next month called "Bass Heavy Music" and he sent me the trax and I was just blown away by them and went straight down to Curve Pusher and had to get a dubplate made. I have played every single track of the 1st release called "Here it comes" and the club just went wild !!!! The production on all trax is so phat with enough funk for anyone. His records are being charted by everyone from Rush / Umek / Space djz / Clarke / Remus

I still have 2 free dates for Bam Bam if anyone is promoting a night they can email me.

Free dates - Sat 21st Feb
- Sat 28th Feb

www.djbambam.com

P.

Sunil
22-01-2004, 02:18 AM
Thanks Jackstar, I now know that DJ Bam Bam is not Bam Bam anyway, if it was then he'd have been 7 or 8 when he wrote "Where's your child"?!

JACKSTAR
22-01-2004, 10:34 AM
This is true but DJ Bam Bam had his 1st releases on Underground Construction when he was 16.

The Overfiend
22-01-2004, 02:37 PM
He's been bumping on Uc for the longest. He's had a lot of succees with the mix cd series from them. Him and his 420 partner Alex Peace are a force to be reckoned with.

sentrax
22-01-2004, 11:52 PM
yeah, at this time mister Bambam is one of the better producers for me!!
Each tune he's releasing goes straight forward :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to fwxx!

Btw Paul...What about my shirt ;)

CHeers

JACKSTAR
23-01-2004, 12:58 AM
I know I need to sort out some new t-shirts but once I do you'll all be the 1st to know about them. I might get Moddi from foorworxx to sort it as the Kne'Deep ones he had printed were 1st class.

JKS008 - Switchblade : You know ! for the kids (Out next week)

P.

278d7e64a374de26f==