PDA

View Full Version : thieves and pirates

gunjack
11-02-2009, 04:40 PM
etc seem to think that it is ok not to pay artists because vinyl is a "promotional medium"

the truth is, this is how it works:

a label and distro SELL records. if the record makes just enough to pay for its own production IT IS USUALLY CONSIDERED A FAILURE and the label does not continue.

after recovering the manufacturing costs, if there is a profit then that money is payed out to the label head within 90 days of the statement. if the "label owner" is realeasing other ppl's music on said label IT IS HIS/HER DUTY to send copies of statements and payouts to artists when applicable.

ANY ARTIST OR LABEL WHO RELEASES YOUR MUSIC AN DOES NOT PAY YOU AT LEAST SOME SORT OF GESTURE is robbing you. ANY ARTIST OR LABEL WHO DENIES YOU A COPY OF SALES STATEMENTS IS VIOLATING YOUR RIGHTS.

simple as that.

so called "label owners" should ONLY ever make a profit above manufacturing costs if said "label owner" HAS WRITTEN SOME OF THE MUSIC on the release or the sales are enought to pay the artist first and recieve earnings. in every other case the artist SHOULD BE PAID BEFORE THE LABEL tries to squeeze a profit and within 90 days of the first statement!

THIS IS ETHICAL BIZ

any other type of deal is a SCAM

now you know.

Numeric
11-02-2009, 04:42 PM
are you gonna serve us a new techno pa any time soon? :cheese:

the dub set was nice btw

gunjack
11-02-2009, 04:52 PM
THOSE WHO ACTUALLY CREATE THE MUSIC DO HAVE RIGHTS even though unethical "label owners" try to tell you otherwise.

it is simple arithmetic:

if you print 500 records at 1500 euros for the batch. distribution price is 5 euro, that is 2500 euro!!! lets say the disto gets 500 euros of that, you have still made 1000 euros above the costs of manufacturing!

let's say you are on a P&D and the distro keeps manufacturing costs plus 1000 euro, YOU STILL HAVE 500 EURO IN YOUR POCKET, how you split that with the artist is entirely up to the (reputation and repeat biz of the) label but 500 - 1000 euros is GOOD MONEY.... good money that can easily be split into 150 dollar payments to various artists or whatever and the label still truns a profit.

so any label that refuses to even pay you 75 - 100 dollars per track IS RIPPING YOU OFF.

and any label that can not sell 500 copies of a record SHOULD NOT CONTINUE running at a loss.

reputable labels should be able to pay you at least some sort of gesture within 90 days and this is a FACT.

gunjack
11-02-2009, 04:53 PM
are you gonna serve us a new techno pa any time soon? :cheese:

the dub set was nice btw

thanks!

on valentines day a mixed set will air which contains techno and dub tracks via mantis radio....... DVNT is a member here i am sure he will post it in the mixes section. aslo i will record my set at montemapu festival if you like bruv. mostly techno that will be.

stjohn
11-02-2009, 04:56 PM
get back into that studio and make some f**** music will you?

:lol:

Athar
11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
if you print 500 records at 1500 euros for the batch. distribution price is 5 euro that is 2500 euro!!! lets say the disto gets 500 euros of that, you have still made 1000 euros above the costs of manufacturing!

tell me the address of that distro

will switch my old one to yours immediately!

Numeric
11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
thanks!

on valentines day a mixed set will air which contains techno and dub tracks via mantis radio....... DVNT is a member here i am sure he will post it in the mixes section. aslo i will record my set at montemapu festival if you like bruv. mostly techno that will be.

thanks man, cool :)

Numeric
11-02-2009, 05:05 PM
get back into that studio and make some f**** music will you?

innit :lol:

Infraction_Bot_3000
11-02-2009, 05:06 PM
ATTENTION USERS:

MAINFRAME has determined this thread may continue as legitimate discussion of legitimate issues of piracy and related.

MAINFRAME is concerned this thread may degenerate into abuse of forum.

MAINFRAME suggests continuing conversation, but as abstract topic, not as attack on individuals.

Numeric
11-02-2009, 05:08 PM
you haven't just banned gunny have you?

ffs

Infraction_Bot_3000
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
ATTENTION USER: numeric.

USER: gunjack is on administrative leave for 24 hours.

dirty_bass
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I hate to point out the flaming obvious, but if you are going to claim I am taking a stance, at least get the facts right.

I said this

I don`t know many labels these days in techno that can actually afford to pay anyone.
Vinyl is an expensive business card these days.

Now unless I have suddenly been struck down with blindness, nowhere did I say I think it`s ok not to pay artists. But lets not let facts get in the way of a good rant ey?

Everyone who released on my label back when I was pressing vinyl, got paid, in advance actually, out of my own, rather empty pockets, just for the record.

I have been both paid for, and unpaid for releases on other peoples labels also. Now I make my money from mastering, it no longer bothers me.

I don`t think it`s right not getting paid for releases, but in this day and age, when vinyl makes shit all money, I can understand it. Vinyl has become pretty much purely a gigging DJ`s tool, and die hard collectors luxury, particularly in the harder end of techno.

Most of the harder techno is barely selling 500 copies these days.
So you aren`t looking at a run away and buy a new car profit.
I think under current manufacturing costs you are looking like walking away with maybe 200 jib if you are very lucky, although it has been a while since I checked manufacturing costs.

Last time I pressed up it cost around £720 to cut and press 500 2 colour vinyls.
Mailing out whites to the promo list added another £50 or £60

Sales on 500 come back at £2 a pop so you are looking at a £1000 in return.

Distrib normally charge carriage fees for moving the vinyl, or you have to pay to get it to their warehouse yourself, so add another £40 in courier fees.

1000-820= 180, so if you sell out then yes there is enough to throw £100 to the artists. IF you self press.

With a P&D I believe a management fee is also taken out of this.
My figures are a couple of years old here.

So we aren`t looking at go out and buy a house money for anyone but the distrib really.

Yes the artist should still be paid, and the monies, whatever they are should be split 50/50 really, or maybe slightly more in favour of the laebl owner as they are risking their money, but all this should be negotiated before you do the deed.

This is all by the by, your reason for this thread is basically to bitch rather than make any major statement.

Now if Hardsignal IS one of the bigest hard techno labels out there, then the artists should have got paid, as there should have been more sales than 500 if it IS the biggest.
But surely this is for the artists to discuss with Frank no?

Numeric
11-02-2009, 05:17 PM
was it really necessary to ban him? even if it's only for 24 hours

dirty_bass
11-02-2009, 05:21 PM
was it really necessary to ban him? even if it's only for 24 hours

considering every time he comes onto the forum, he causes loads of shit, and stirs up flame wars, I think a 24 hour ban is exceedingly lenient considering others have been banned for far less.

Athar
11-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Last time I pressed up it cost around £720 to cut and press 500 2 colour vinyls.
Mailing out whites to the promo list added another £50 or £60

Sales on 500 come back at £2 a pop so you are looking at a £1000 in return.

Distrib normally charge carriage fees for moving the vinyl, or you have to pay to get it to their warehouse yourself, so add another £40 in courier fees.

1000-820= 180, so if you sell out then yes there is enough to throw £100 to the artists. IF you self press.

exaclly

you will get £1000 back when they (your distro) sold everything (100%),
and of course your distro will get all money back from all shops around
normally it's nearly impossible

profit ? what's profit ?

jon connor
11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
it upsets me when i see this stuff going on here are we supposed to support our community not damage it i think i need a big hug now and a cup of tea and mabey a digestive biscuit

dirty base for prime minister hahahahahhah

jon connor
11-02-2009, 06:23 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa26/mcdermottsc/Big20Hug.gif

big hug good lets go for a beer im off to da pub.....

DannyBlack
11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
after recovering the manufacturing costs, if there is a profit then that money is payed out to the label head within 90 days of the statement.

Paid.

TechMouse
11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I've had three records released in my life. The fact that I got paid for any of them was frankly just sugar on the top. I have never made music with a desire to get paid for it. For me it's reward enough that someone thinks it's good enough to get pressed and / or buy it.

I appreciate that for some people making music is a career - and fair play to them. Frankly though, the state of the industry (not to mention the whole world) being as it is, you have to face certain realities. Very rarely does a release (particularly a vinyl release) recoup costs these days - unless it's either a well known name or it really is plowing a godforsaken MOR cheese canal.

I'm not saying that work shouldn't be rewarded, I just think that making and releasing music isn't a bankable profession anymore - if it ever really was outside of extreme cases.

This has good and bad points. On the one hand, perhaps there won't be as much music around. On the other, perhaps the only people making it will be those who will only ever do it for the sheer love of it. That sounds like a pretty good state of affairs to me.

rhythmtech
11-02-2009, 10:31 PM
i wish i was making enough money off the label to pay people. ive sent distro statements in the past to artists to show them those lovely red minus figures. thankfully all artists have been clued up enough to understand the situation.

SlavikSvensk
11-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Yes the artist should still be paid, and the monies, whatever they are should be split 50/50 really, or maybe slightly more in favour of the laebl owner as they are risking their money, but all this should be negotiated before you do the deed.

+1

if you are concerned about getting money you think is owed you, drawing up a negotiated contract is absolutely vital. setting an advance or a % of profits are both standard practices in ANY contractual agreement. then, if the artist feels he or she has been treated unfairly, he or she can take the label to small claims court. the court can then decide whether the artist or the label is wasting its time.

if you don't negotiate payment up front, you really can't expect much.

RDR
12-02-2009, 12:16 AM
i wish i was making enough money off the label to pay people. ive sent distro statements in the past to artists to show them those lovely red minus figures. thankfully all artists have been clued up enough to understand the situation.

+1

as for the money... err HAHAHA... let me re-phrase that... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

*wipes tears away*

If i did this for the money i wouldnt do it for the money. someone said that. Maybe that someone was me. But some DID say it.

Some people need to go and have a nice long ham shank and think about what they might have for breakfast.

That person might well be me. or you.

probably me.

Gnite.

The_Laughing_Man
12-02-2009, 12:43 AM
+1

if you are concerned about getting money you think is owed you, drawing up a negotiated contract is absolutely vital. setting an advance or a % of profits are both standard practices in ANY contractual agreement. then, if the artist feels he or she has been treated unfairly, he or she can take the label to small claims court. the court can then decide whether the artist or the label is wasting its time.

if you don't negotiate payment up front, you really can't expect much.

Well, I think you can go down that road when it looks like the money might be worth it, or you are dealing with some larger company or someone you don`t know, but when things are this small and niche it isn`t always necessary.
In the techno field was and still is a system of mutual aid.
You develop a rapport with someone and then you swap tracks, or help a guy out with a release for a gig, or whatever, a system of mutual trust, which quite frankly feels much better. If someone is an ass then generally the community gets to know about it.
We all talk to each other and the wankers generally get steered around, so public outbursts like todays fiasco are just not needed, it`s ugly.
Despite all our bickering, it`s just banter for the most part, and I like to think (call me idealistic if you like) that we are all in the same boat and generally steer this rather ragged little boat in the direction we all want to go.

This attitude seems more prevailent amongst those that came from the free party/rave side of things admittedly.

But then, we were there, broke as phuck and banging it out in dirty warehouses long before money was even considered as part of it.
A relationship that survived those kind of conditions will tend to last regardless of money.

:dance::dance::dance:

SlavikSvensk
12-02-2009, 12:51 AM
well, yeah. if you aren't that bothered about the money, then that's one thing. in this case, if it's not, you're also fairly okay with it. you understand this might happen going in, and it's not the biggest deal in the world to you.

but if, at the end of the day, the money is VERY important to you, in the sense that you expect a certain amount or a set percentage, then you are shooting yourself in the foot by not drawing up a contract in advance. if someone promises you money and doesn't give it to you, and you think this was unfair, then you really have no options if you have no contract.

The Overfiend
12-02-2009, 01:26 AM
I've had three records released in my life. The fact that I got paid for any of them was frankly just sugar on the top. I have never made music with a desire to get paid for it. For me it's reward enough that someone thinks it's good enough to get pressed and / or buy it.

I appreciate that for some people making music is a career - and fair play to them. Frankly though, the state of the industry (not to mention the whole world) being as it is, you have to face certain realities. Very rarely does a release (particularly a vinyl release) recoup costs these days - unless it's either a well known name or it really is plowing a godforsaken MOR cheese canal.

I'm not saying that work shouldn't be rewarded, I just think that making and releasing music isn't a bankable profession anymore - if it ever really was outside of extreme cases.

This has good and bad points. On the one hand, perhaps there won't be as much music around. On the other, perhaps the only people making it will be those who will only ever do it for the sheer love of it. That sounds like a pretty good state of affairs to me.

Very True.

DJPAUZE
12-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Well, I think you can go down that road when it looks like the money might be worth it, or you are dealing with some larger company or someone you don`t know, but when things are this small and niche it isn`t always necessary.
In the techno field was and still is a system of mutual aid.
You develop a rapport with someone and then you swap tracks, or help a guy out with a release for a gig, or whatever, a system of mutual trust, which quite frankly feels much better. If someone is an ass then generally the community gets to know about it.
We all talk to each other and the wankers generally get steered around, so public outbursts like todays fiasco are just not needed, it`s ugly.
Despite all our bickering, it`s just banter for the most part, and I like to think (call me idealistic if you like) that we are all in the same boat and generally steer this rather ragged little boat in the direction we all want to go.

This attitude seems more prevailent amongst those that came from the free party/rave side of things admittedly.

But then, we were there, broke as phuck and banging it out in dirty warehouses long before money was even considered as part of it.
A relationship that survived those kind of conditions will tend to last regardless of money.

:dance::dance::dance:

This is exactly my point, I am so glad we see eye to eye on this. Trading tracks, swapping ideas. Staying as a collective. It's hard enough as it is with our tight small community of techno producers. I'd LOVE to fork over tons of loot to everyone i get on board, but at the end of the day there is no money. Yea I pay for my server. So what? I got a good friend who does my artwork free, because he loves techno. I also have a bunch of artists on my label who want to get out there and expose their names. So if they are okay with it, is ther a problem?

As said in one earlier post, unless you make a solid contractual agreement, don't expect much in return. You might get your break here and there, maybe a couple of euros/pounds or something along that line but expect to get a cent. Your money will come from gigs, hopefully.

Patrick and I did a track on Fine Audio, a pretty well known label out there. Know what we got? 1 promo. That's it. I ddn't expect anything, I got EXACTLY what I thought I would. Who cares, I have a job to pay for my bread and butter.

I don't rely on this business to pay my bills, I do it with my pocket money, to promote the music I love to listen to. For those of you that do rely on it to stay alive, and have succeeded, power to you. I am glad you are working with labels that can afford it.

Numeric
12-02-2009, 11:06 AM
considering every time he comes onto the forum, he causes loads of shit, and stirs up flame wars, I think a 24 hour ban is exceedingly lenient considering others have been banned for far less.

so what if he causes shit, this place is boring without a few flames now and again, if you can't stand the heat...

gunny's a legend :lol:

The_Laughing_Man
12-02-2009, 03:19 PM
well sure, I like a good rant, but I thought mark didn`t want that sort of thing here.

If we are here to rant I have a hole big baaaaaaaag of dirt on people in this industry I could throw up for shits and giggles.

jon connor
12-02-2009, 04:42 PM
quite so this is not the place to air your dirty linnen.

I DONT WANT TO SEE THIS SHIT HERE NO MORE ITS SCARED ENOUGH PEOPLE AWAY!

Steve you are a legend and a credit to this site and techno in general. respect bro!

judas_beast
12-02-2009, 05:05 PM
whats wrong with selling drugs to make money and doing Techno ''for the love''?

/tongue in cheek

DJPAUZE
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM

/tongue in cheek

haha

DarkYoung
12-02-2009, 06:17 PM
so what if he causes shit, this place is boring without a few flames now and again, if you can't stand the heat...

gunny's a legend :lol:

damn straight he is.

you need people like Gunjerk on sites like this to add some madcap antics and some celebrity showbiz.

have boring wankers spout about how good they are everyday etc is really old-fashioned and not going to get new people into the scene imo.

morbid
12-02-2009, 06:30 PM

/tongue in cheek

innit...

who needs a vinyl release anyway - litre of k and a free party and youve got 750 quid easily

DJPAUZE
12-02-2009, 06:48 PM
damn straight he is.

you need people like Gunjerk on sites like this to add some madcap antics and some celebrity showbiz.

have boring wankers spout about how good they are everyday etc is really old-fashioned and not going to get new people into the scene imo.

Yea, livening up the bunch is great, but personally attacking people is not.

Sorry, but if it were your name on the line you wouldn't be that happy about it. Nuff said.

DarkYoung
12-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Yea, livening up the bunch is great, but personally attacking people is not.

Sorry, but if it were your name on the line you wouldn't be that happy about it. Nuff said.

dude excuse me if i have got this wrong. but i've noticed you and gunjerk and tony and a few others on the peripherary; whipping it between yourselves all the time, you guys love it. i'm sorry but that's how i see it, you guys like need your heads bashing together, your all friends but somethings gone wrong, it can be fixed.

gunjack
12-02-2009, 11:14 PM
hi guys! i am back! but not for long. this will be MY LAST post here it is just too much that i get banned for ranting on the honest to god's truth SO I AM DONE and if you don't believe it, BEHOLD.

and you will see that I WILL NOT COME BACK

tony wetworks, pat dsp, mark, much luv to yo guys AND MANY **** YOU's TO SNAKES LIKE DJ PAUZE

DarkYoung
12-02-2009, 11:36 PM
hi guys! i am back! but not for long. this will be MY LAST post here it is just too much that i get banned for ranting on the honest to god's truth SO I AM DONE and if you don't believe it, BEHOLD.

and you will see that I WILL NOT COME BACK

tony wetworks, pat dsp, mark, much luv to yo guys AND MANY **** YOU's TO SNAKES LIKE DJ PAUZE

we need an archive for the many resignation speeches we've had over the years. see you in 6 months when you've dropped your ego.
it's like the mafia this place or freemasonry, once you join you can never truly leave.
is there a word for this i don't know someone who resigns but then comes back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-X5Hgbc688&feature=related

DJPAUZE
12-02-2009, 11:51 PM
we need an archive for the many resignation speeches we've had over the years. see you in 6 months when you've dropped your ego.
it's like the mafia this place or freemasonry, once you join you can never truly leave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-X5Hgbc688&feature=related

HAHA, well said DarkYoung, now we can have some peace and quiet.

DarkYoung
13-02-2009, 12:17 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PATRICK-DSP-DJ-PAUZE-2-x-12-ALBUM-HARDSIGNAL-10-TECHNO_W0QQitemZ290209876714QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ Records?hash=item290209876714&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

The Overfiend
13-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Pat did a great job on that album.
Je suis Mafia K1-Fry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTPP8ge-ohQ

DJPAUZE
13-02-2009, 01:06 AM
Glad you liked the album Antonio! HAHAHA. Thanks for the plug!

The Overfiend
13-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Oh pardon, I'm sorry I was addressing the producer of that album.
Please Stop Gold Digging.

The Overfiend
13-02-2009, 04:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW7aNTM6zw4

DJPAUZE
13-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Best post I've seen in a while Antonio, keep up the good work!

Numeric
13-02-2009, 09:11 AM

i don't think he'll be back

banning him was a cunts trick tbf

DannyBlack
13-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Beggars, thieves, pirates, hustlers, dealers, vinylists, digitalists, DJs, VJs and everyone in between- You're all sexy to me.

Peace, love and respect.

DarkYoung
13-02-2009, 12:56 PM
i don't think he'll be back

banning him was a cunts trick tbf

he'll be back.

SlavikSvensk
13-02-2009, 04:25 PM
hilarious!

TechMouse
14-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Beggars, thieves, pirates, hustlers, dealers, vinylists, digitalists, DJs, VJs and everyone in between- You're all sexy to me.
Care to name an example of something (animal, vegetable or mineral) you don't find sexy, Danny?

RDR
14-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Care to name an example of something (animal, vegetable or mineral) you don't find sexy, Danny?

How bad would it be if he said 'techmouse'

never mind sexy, i still love you. ignore that danny bastard.

the slut.

TechMouse
14-02-2009, 11:00 AM
How bad would it be if he said 'techmouse'
The words "dodged" and "bullet" come to mind.

MITA
14-02-2009, 11:21 AM

RDR
14-02-2009, 11:42 AM
The words "dodged" and "bullet" come to mind.

Dont give him ideas, he'll hunt you down with .22 and wing you so there is NO escape.

Just think.. puppies and kittens and lolipops and more kittens as he looms over you leering like the low brow protagonist in a cheap mills and boon novel, like the one you find in the dentists.

TechMouse
14-02-2009, 12:20 PM
How do you know about that book?

I thought it was my sordid little secret.

DannyBlack
14-02-2009, 05:28 PM

actually now that you mention it- i recently went on a mission to find out that if indeed there was something i don't find sexy. it turns out that the fat that collects in that little tray on the george forman grill isn't sexy to me.

The Overfiend
14-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Don't question how we live
Question, what we give
Take it to the next leave 'em where they can't see me
Still they judge but they be butt ass
Switch that wig like a muppet
Keep it simple, can't truss it
Light's the fuel
Mic is the tool
Drink Jack, kick back, drop jewel
Finish what I start
Mastered the art
Livin' hell can't explain the inhale confuse it more
Cop the .44
Contemplate meditate
Dictate
I direct my direct fate
Coming of late
Kurious
Can I say shit
Do it for CottleRock, do it for K.Nit
K-N-I-T, Sub R-O-C
Only we save we

DJPAUZE
14-02-2009, 06:27 PM
actually now that you mention it- i recently went on a mission to find out that if indeed there was something i don't find sexy. it turns out that the fat that collects in that little tray on the george forman grill isn't sexy to me.

HAHA!

http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/img/sideImage_history.jpg

I gots me one of these, they rock!

The_Laughing_Man
14-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Don't question how we live
Question, what we give
Take it to the next leave 'em where they can't see me
Still they judge but they be butt ass
Switch that wig like a muppet
Keep it simple, can't truss it
Light's the fuel
Mic is the tool
Drink Jack, kick back, drop jewel
Finish what I start
Mastered the art
Livin' hell can't explain the inhale confuse it more
Cop the .44
Contemplate meditate
Dictate
I direct my direct fate
Coming of late
Kurious
Can I say shit
Do it for CottleRock, do it for K.Nit
K-N-I-T, Sub R-O-C
Only we save we

raise your hands in the air, raise em like you just don`t care

aplles and pears apples and pears

The Overfiend
17-02-2009, 06:46 AM
lol cats get a couple of posts in and swear they been around for the love of it and not desperate self promotion
icu fraud

RDR
17-02-2009, 09:01 AM
You want theives and pirates?

Try IODA.. they just set the minimum payment for labels to $250 USD before they send you it.

Glad i moved away.

Anyone know if this would stand as a 'substantial change of contract' under US law? Can i tell em to piss off?

RDR
17-02-2009, 09:04 AM

Unless you start smearing and sneaking into the RSPCA...

DJPAUZE
17-02-2009, 01:53 PM
lol cats get a couple of posts in and swear they been around for the love of it and not desperate self promotion
icu fraud

LOL.

Look at your signature and say that again. Keep going man....

DannyBlack
17-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Unless you start smearing and sneaking into the RSPCA...

tried it and nothing. i smeared and went to an old folks home. they give a great gum job.

The Overfiend
17-02-2009, 04:00 PM
LOL.

Look at your signature and say that again. Keep going man....

Bad Man No Move Mucky
Move Ton Dem Barking Like A Pitt
But In De Real Dey Like A Puppy

Keep on diggin, are you Milli or Vanilli?

The_Laughing_Man
17-02-2009, 04:30 PM
jesus, you guys are like schoolgirls.

You were once friends and you are now bitching at each other, next week it`ll be pat vs tony, then the following week gumsack vs dsp
and so on....

Just phuck and put us all out of our misery

Infraction_Bot_3000
17-02-2009, 04:35 PM

INFRACTION BOT circuits fray with continuing back and forth.

NEW USERS maybe put off by recurrent animosity.

MAINFRAME suggests DEPERSONALIZE and STICK TO TOPIC

The Overfiend
17-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Frank, can you keep your issue off the board?

Your credibility board/street is nil so I find no reason to explain myself to you.

If you would like me to call you again and repeat what I said previously then let me know. Thank you!

tocsin
17-02-2009, 05:17 PM
if someone promises you money and doesn't give it to you, and you think this was unfair, then you really have no options if you have no contract.

If there's no contract, then there's no evidence that the artist ever gave a label permission to do the pressing.

DannyBlack
17-02-2009, 05:57 PM
If ye don't STFU I will post pictures of me covered in George forman fat naked getting gobbled by tootheless grannies.

tocsin
17-02-2009, 06:04 PM
If ye don't STFU I will post pictures of me covered in George forman fat naked getting gobbled by tootheless grannies.

Do it! You may have just discovered an untapped fetish market and it will probably net more cash than vinyl sales. ;)

The Overfiend
17-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Now this thread is going somewhere!
Danny bout to make that Payola!

DannyBlack
17-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Right then! *strips*....

....To be continued.....

RDR
18-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Right then! *strips*....

....To be continued.....

*shudders*

DVNT
18-02-2009, 09:36 AM

Have you indeed? And where are my copies? ;)

RDR
18-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Have you indeed? And where are my copies? ;)

+1!!

DannyBlack
18-02-2009, 07:51 PM
+2 or at least linkipoos.

SlavikSvensk
18-02-2009, 08:28 PM
+http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2e/Pi-symbol.svg/600px-Pi-symbol.svg.png

TechMouse
19-02-2009, 01:24 AM
+2 or at least linkipoos.
Just some breaks stuff from a few years back.

B Side of this (http://www.junodownload.com/products/1301153-02.htm) for example.

DannyBlack
19-02-2009, 01:35 AM
you're max hedroom?

The Overfiend
19-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Nuttin beats pie!

RDR
19-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Just some breaks stuff from a few years back.

B Side of this (http://www.junodownload.com/products/1301153-02.htm) for example.

Good stuff! Get busy again please.

also... ya gotta love Juno's genre defying descriptions of their tracks.

Funky House/Vocal House/Disco House/Soulful House

of course it is... its defo not breaks. no breaks here. devoid of breaks.

Well...... in between the breaks im sure there are no breaks, that must be the bit that it refers to.

tekara
19-02-2009, 09:20 AM
sorry to change the subject a bit, but now that we are on the topic of how little you make pressing records in vinyl format....

can someone tell me what is the difference in profits between releasing EPs and LPs via an online mp3 distribution company (ie; beatport/trackitdown), as opposed to physically manufacturing this stuff yourself?

I am actually curious what the business model is like for artists that choose to release their wax online instead of printing to the vinyl medium.....obviously I would assume you save less money on printing artwork, pressing the vinyl itself, mailing the final product by courier to the distributor........now that everything has shifted online, how has the business model changed?

Sorry for the hijack. I'm genuinely curious

jon connor
20-02-2009, 09:52 PM
sorry to change the subject a bit, but now that we are on the topic of how little you make pressing records in vinyl format....

can someone tell me what is the difference in profits between releasing EPs and LPs via an online mp3 distribution company (ie; beatport/trackitdown), as opposed to physically manufacturing this stuff yourself?

I am actually curious what the business model is like for artists that choose to release their wax online instead of printing to the vinyl medium.....obviously I would assume you save less money on printing artwork, pressing the vinyl itself, mailing the final product by courier to the distributor........now that everything has shifted online, how has the business model changed?

Sorry for the hijack. I'm genuinely curious

best to start a new thread dude there is loads of guys on this subject who will put you right.

278d7e64a374de26f==