PDA

View Full Version : [HEJ 005] - STEVE PARKER - w/KYLE GEIGER,PUNISHER, JOHN OVERFIEND - Crawling

Punisher
13-02-2009, 02:30 AM
VINYL OUT NOW
BEATPORT LAUNCH : February 24th

label : HEJ RECORDS
cat # : HEJ005
artist : STEVE PARKER
remix : KYLE GEIGER, PUNISHER (Detroit), JOHN OVERFIEND
title : CRAWLING
track titles :
[12” & mp3/wav] 1. STEVE PARKER – Crawling (original)
[12” & mp3/wav] 2. STEVE PARKER – Crawling (KYLE GEIGER remix)
[mp3/wav only] 3. STEVE PARKER – Crawling (PUNISHER (Detroit) remix)
[mp3/wav only] 4. STEVE PARKER – Crawling (JOHN OVERFIEND is crawling backwards remix)

SUPPORT FROM
Dave Clarke, Jim Masters, Ken Ishii, Michel De Hey, Danny Tenaglia, Derrick May, Laurent Garnier, Ben Sims, Josh Wink, Gayle San, Steve Rachmad, Dave Spoon, Technasia, DJ Misjah, Xpansul, Chris Fortier, Lance Desardi, Woody McBride, Noah Levine (XLR8R, Urb), Rob Warner, Q-Burn's Abstract Message, Maetrik, Aubrey, DJ Hyperactive, Angel Alanis, Developer, Marc Ashken

FEEDBACK
Angel Alanis • "GREAT!! 5 out of 5"
Chris Fortier • "Loving everything on this label. Will play all of these for sure. 4 out of 5"
Derrick May • "Will try it. 4 out of 5"
Developer • "after listening to the whole release ...its all ill shit for reall...ill play em al. good work. 5 out of 5"
DJ Hyperactive • "5 out of 5"
Gayle San • "the Steve parker ep plus remixes are really strong kicking tunes I have to say.!! 5 out of 5"
Lance Desardi • "4 out of 5"
Rob Warner • "Awesome tune. 5 out of 5"
Technasia • "4 out of 5"
Woody McBride • "Funky and dark...love it...not sure which mix to play. 5 out of 5"
Speedy J • Cool tracks both mixes..Kyle Geiger remix & original
Joseph Capriati •Thanks man! my favourite is the Kyle Geiger's remix! support! J.
APaul • Good ep in overall… i like mostly all mixes, but i think my fav is: Steve Parker - Crawling (John Overfiend is crawling backwards remix)
John Acquaviva • Geiger mix is best for me...thanks for the music. John
Xpansul • Hey man! Loving the original and Kyle's remix. Thanks a lot. S
Mateo Murphy
• Original mix (rating 5/5) My favorite,dark and groovy,great for the build up at the beginning of the night
• Kyle Geiger remix (rating 5/5)
• Punisher remix (rating 4/5) A great remix as well, sits nicely between techno, house and minimal
• John Overfiend (rating 4/5) Really dark! I like the intensity of this one

Hej Records welcomes two new artists to the growing techno family, STEVE PARKER (Autist, Attary) and KYLE GEIGER (Drumcode, Droid Recordings). STEVE PARKER’s “Crawling” lives up to its name, leading off with a hypnotic, haunting soundscape that builds and grows in depth. Drums pitter patter over the chugging kick as the panning, hissing crawl creeps in over the thick bass creating infectious movement and captivating the listener. KYLE GEIGER’s mix takes the atmospheric madness from the original and warps it with cunning effects that stretch and contort the waves. The heavily compressed bass and solid driving percussion continue to take it up notch thumping you like a sonic locomotive. PUNISHER (Detroit)’s rework takes a completely different approach, using only teasers of the samples and manipulating them in entirely new sequences. Tidbits of cascading hiss float in and out, pitch shifting, bending, and constantly changing over the unique staggered beats and chunky sub bass. JOHN OVERFIEND’s remix begins with the droning synths while underwater blips echo and ping over the pulsing rhythm. The breakdowns are filled with electrified noise that squelches to a climax before the powerful bass is unleashed each time. This versatile release is like a techno virus that spreads motion through your body on the dancefloor. Hej receives regular play and support from Adam Beyer, Joel Mull, Laurent Garnier, Alexi Delano, Xpansul, Adultnapper, Par Grindvik, Deetron, Angel Alanis, Tim Xavier, Camea, plus many more filling the gap between minimal and hard techno.

HEJ RECORDS : Making a mark in the evolution of musical energy

WORLDWIDE VINYL DISTRIBUTION:
COMPLETE DISTRIBUTION
PHONE# 718.554.3231
FAX# 718.554.3430
www.complete-usa.com
info@complete-usa.com

WORLDWIDE DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION
GROOVESOURCE
www.groovesource.com
PHONE # 773.474.7918
FAX # 773.539.8569

www.hejrecords.com
info@hejrecords.com
www.myspace.com/hejrecords
www.beatport.com/labels/hej+records

www.djsteveparker.com
www.myspace.com/djsteveparker

www.myspace.com/kylegeiger
www.kylegeiger.com

www.myspace.com/punisherdetroit
www.beatport.com/artists/punisher+(detroit)

www.myspace.com/johnoverfiendmusic
www.beatport.com/artists/john+overfiend

http://www.hejrecords.com/hej005_A_Side_small.jpg
http://www.hejrecords.com/hej005_B_Side_small.jpg

278d7e64a374de26f==