### + Hobo remix
EP01
Snork17
A1: 04 08:38
A2: 03 07:20
B: 04 (Hobo Remix) 06:30

http://www.snorkenterprises.com/downloads/Snork17.zip

info :
### is a new project from long time UK techno stalwart Mark Hawkins, who has produced a variety of techno/electronic releases in the past on many different labels, including Djax Up Beats, Mosquito, Neue Heimat, Hoerspielmusik and Snork parent label Feinwerk. First featured on Feinwerk in 2007, ### is Mark’s return to his Chicago/Detroit influenced roots, mixed with a new 21st century flavour. Inspired by the desire for deep, hypnotic techno-house grooves as an antidote to both the mindless hard techno, mundane minimal pastiches, and “experimental” for the sake of it music, that is so typical of the current times. ### is stripped back to basics, in both style and execution, with the music being produced mainly on old school drum machines and synths, with track and release titles minimized.

Side A has two original compositions from ###, featuring bleeps, cuts and hidden bass between clouds of wobbly sounds, with a nod and wink to the original Detroit minimal legends, as well as current high flyers like M. Dear and J.T.Cotton.

Side B gives us a deep cut remix by M_nus records boy-wonder Hobo (Joel Boychuk, who is also one half of Tractile). Following on from the excellent “From A to B” that was released on M_nus in December 2008 (M_nus 69), he brings us a great remix of ###´s 04, showcasing his mind-blowing production skills whilst displaying definite old school influences. He was so excited by the original tracks though, that he also made a second remix of ###´s 03, which will be released soon on Snork17r, EP01 remixes.

supported by:
Magda, Richie Hawtin, Tractile, Holgi Star, Harry Axt, Monkey B, Syntax Error, Norman, Mr. Statik, Tim Green, Laurent Garnier, Angel Molina, Emerson, Jerome Hill

MITA
14-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Nice!
Checking now~

MITA
14-02-2009, 01:47 PM
wonky plonky
really not my cup of tea

crime
15-02-2009, 10:00 AM
sorry the bassdrum wasn't big or distorted enough for you ;)

MITA
15-02-2009, 11:45 AM
haha yeah u think

crime
15-02-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't like tea anyway, it's all about coffee, Lavazza in particular..

DannyBlack
15-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Agreed. coffee FTW.

The tunes: great stuff. Funky, glitchy, bassy, quirky and all in all great fun.
for me it would have to be '###3'. Proper fat and bassy, with a nice housey type edge.
The hobo remix aint too bad either.

morbid
15-02-2009, 05:56 PM
lavazza is boss - but are you a rossa, oro or espresso man?

nice tunes btw

DannyBlack
15-02-2009, 06:03 PM
double espresso.

crime
15-02-2009, 06:28 PM
lavazza is boss - but are you a rossa, oro or espresso man?

nice tunes btw

rossa or espresso, but more recently have been rocking the tesco's own brand.. when I lived in poland it was Lavazza all the way, or Jacob's if we were skint, as the only other coffee available was Tschibo which sucks....

good to see you feeling the hobo remix danny... will be working more on this project soon, including a live act ;)

DannyBlack
15-02-2009, 07:22 PM
a collab between you and hobo for the live act? Id be interested to hear that for sure. Lettuce know when it's up for DL!
See, I'm not just a hard techno tunnel visioner :lol:

crime
15-02-2009, 10:18 PM
as much as a collab liveact with hobo sounds like a great idea, we never met or worked together, he just remixed me and we have a mutual love and respect for each-others' music. What I meant was that there will be a ### live act later this year which I could well be touring if it comes out sounding good..

davethedrummer
26-02-2009, 10:10 PM
found that cd
great tracks
nice coffee too

crime
26-02-2009, 10:19 PM
out tomorrow!

278d7e64a374de26f==