PDA

View Full Version : noise control petition - load of rubbish

Jay Pace
20-02-2009, 03:43 PM
sure plenty of other people got this too, but for anyone who didn't bother signing, turns out there was no truth to it at all.

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page18339

We are pleased to tell you that there is no truth in claims that the Government is planning to introduce a requirement for entertainment venues to fit noise control devices.
Each Local Authority Licensing Authority considers every live music application on its merits, and decisions are made entirely by them. However, the Licensing Act 2003 does not allow mandatory conditions for live music to be imposed across the board. It would not be possible to impose such a condition without a change in the law and such a change is not, and never has been, on the Government’s agenda.
There is also no legal requirement under health and safety legislation for entertainment venues to have noise control devices fitted, nor is there any proposal.
The Government is acutely aware of the contribution that music makes to our culture and we remain committed to a vibrant and flourishing creative sector, of which live music plays an essential part.

SlavikSvensk
20-02-2009, 05:07 PM
did this circulate on here? i remember some sort of petition, but thought it was for venues providing information to the police, not for fitting noise control devices...

...i could be wrong though

DannyBlack
23-02-2009, 12:05 AM
and there was me waxing my sack for the pigs to suck. ah well.

RDR
23-02-2009, 09:14 AM
and there was me waxing my sack for the pigs to suck. ah well.

Whats stopping you? Pigs dont discriminate.

davethedrummer
23-02-2009, 09:55 PM
thats a shame
personally i think clubs are way too loud

278d7e64a374de26f==