PDA

View Full Version : Inspection records wants new LIVE artists

adamsmales
18-01-2004, 10:49 AM
adam@inspection-records.co.uk

www.inspection-records.co.uk

Hello my name is Adam Smales, I work for inspection records and I'd like to tell you about a project we are running.

We are currently looking for LIVE electronic music artists of ALL genres to promote for gigs. the idea is quite simple - LIVE music still rules and we want to give artists both established and up and coming a chance to either be released or to play music LIVE to promote the label "Inspection Records" and to promote themselves.

The label is looking to put out a promo sampler of all our featured artists in the next 6 months, this will be sent to as many other record labels and other LIVE electronic bands/artists as possible along with distribution to promoters nationwide.

The input we are looking for from you is this. A sampler of your LIVE tracks and production work too. We dont mind MP3 but the bit rate must not fall below 128kbs. Also we'd like to know who you know, as we're sure you are aware networking is everything!!

What will YOU get back from this?

1. A list of the promoters and live events that are currently running in the UK ( and hopefully abroad sometime soon ) including genre and size of event etc. This information will be provided by similar minded people like yourselves involved in the project.

2. The Chance for some FREE promotion and maybe some gigs.

3. The satisfaction of networking amongst other LIVE electronic musicians.

Depending on the feedback of the recipients of the sampler we will be looking to release a CD not long after this and capitalise on the time spent promoting the project.

So..To Recap

YOU - Send us details of events in your area

YOU - Send us a sampler of your work

WE - promote you in other areas by sending your music to as many places as possible

WE - Put an MP3 of your best track on our site

WE - Put out a sampler of your work in 6 months

WE - DEMAND NO MONEY AT ALL, DO ALL THE WORK (IM FEELING TIRED ALREADY HEHE!)

WE - Work for YOU.

WE - Send your tracks and details of events in your area to others in the project.

The project is one which we whole-heartedly believe in. Perhaps a brief history is called for here. WE = Chris Thornton, Stephen Bellamy and Adam Smales. WE = The Inspectors, a live electronic outfit who have produced music and DJ'd for nearly 10 years. WE also lecture on music technology, music industry and DJ skills.

This is a genuine project - we want to defeat the current trend of lack of sales in music by being involved with what we see as a really vibrant LIVE electronic music scene. Help us help YOU!

Please send examples of your work(Live jams or productions) on CDR to:
Chris Thornton - Label Manager Inspection Records.
9 Buller street
Selby
North Yorks
YO8 4BT

Yours sincerely

Adam Smales

email: adam@inspection-records.co.uk

PS - If you dont want to be involved do you know someone who does?? Forward it on.

MARKEG
18-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Adamsmales New Member - 18th Jan - about 2 hours ago
Total posts - 3 (all saying exactly the same thing)
Post made in - 3 different sections (all saying the same thing)
Reason made - Self Promotion

Conclusion - SPAM

Perhaps I've been visiting Discogs too much recently? LOL.

wenna
18-01-2004, 02:53 PM
their lwebsite looks like total self promotion to me! i could be wrong???? :roll:

MARKEG
18-01-2004, 03:22 PM
well it looks like any other record label website to me - which is cool - but sometimes i just people would remember that as admin i've got to try to keep these boards as neat as possible. it's alot of work and the last thing i need is three posts about exactly the same thing to have to clear up. and where was the introduction anyway? this a community not a spam board.

adamsmales
18-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Sorry about posting the same letter on three different boards!!
This is a new project and we want to make it a success and make sure as many ppl as possible hear about what we are trying to do. It may look like blatant self promotion but that is because there are no other artists besides ourselves on our books as of yet!!!

wenna
18-01-2004, 05:12 PM
sorry m8!! had time to look through your website.looks cool, my last comment was a little harsh. :oops:

adamsmales
18-01-2004, 05:22 PM
sorry m8!! had time to look through your website.looks cool, my last comment was a little harsh. :oops:

Thankyou for taking the time to have a look, much appreciated :)

MARKEG
18-01-2004, 05:32 PM
yeah it looks good man. so which forum do you want post in?

adamsmales
18-01-2004, 05:37 PM
yeah it looks good man. so which forum do you want post in?

Thanks, sorry for not intoducing myself or anything it's just that i've been putting the letter on noticeboards all over, all day!!!

If you just put it in the techno filez forum that would be great

Cheers big ears!

adam@inspection-records.co.uk

RDR
19-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Hi mark,

I've PM'd you regarding this. PLease take the time to read it and get back to me.

Cheers

Chris Thornton - LAbel/Project Manager

MARKEG
19-01-2004, 11:19 AM
job done! ;)

RDR
19-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks

Much appreciated!

278d7e64a374de26f==