PDA

View Full Version : Ext Sync Ableton Problem

stjohn
25-02-2009, 07:33 PM
im after running into an annoying problem here. I just start syncing my drummachines again, because im performing with them on friday, but the sync is all over teh place. i remember it not being great before, but it was never this bad.

it starts out ok, in time. then every now and again the sync just drops a m/s.. u can actually see the waveform lag a bit in 'clip view'.
stopping and starting the master (my machinedrum) knocks it back inline but the above will inevitably just happen again.

im convinced the problem lies in Ableton, because the machinedrum's clock is supposed to be great, and my soundcard is a Motu Ultralite which has an equally good track record..

I posted here because Live's forum is down, and this gig is on friday and ive a few bits to finish off.. so any help would really be appreciated.
thanks

josephjobling
25-02-2009, 08:28 PM
hi man - this happens to me too but when i use all the same equiptment in cubase it works fine - never got to the bottom of it but i think its could be a latency problem (but don't quote me on that)
Hope you sort it man

ronlaboa
26-02-2009, 06:14 PM
i had same problem with my midi sync box for my 303 in ableton i thought my midi sync box was secrewed but then it works in cubase, i did get it to work once in ableton if i get it to work again il let you know what i did.

messyfuture
26-02-2009, 08:29 PM
are you using the machine drum as a slave or master
use it as the master and sync ableton to it, might slove any output problems that live might be having, mate does it that way with his electribe (think he had a similar issue)

mines ****in about to at the minute pissin me roght off

stjohn
26-02-2009, 09:51 PM
are you using the machine drum as a slave or master
use it as the master and sync ableton to it, might slove any output problems that live might be having, mate does it that way with his electribe (think he had a similar issue)

mines ****in about to at the minute pissin me roght off

i was yea... funnily enough it works perfectly with Live as the Master. which i didnt really want to have to do..

oh well :|

tekara
01-03-2009, 09:59 AM
try plugging the midi cables into another port on your midi interface.

I had a serious syncing issue between my 909 and Cubase a few years ago, and it turned out that there was something wrong with the port that the midi cable was plugged into.

It's a long shot, but worth a go.

278d7e64a374de26f==