PDA

View Full Version : Anybody help me out with this?

Siege
27-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Theres another guy called Siege from the states.....old gabba dj,producer who was active in mid 90s, i was already using this name way back before i knew this.

anyways, ive looked on discogs, and my releases, along with old tape packs from when i played at North are all being listed on this guys discog page. How are they ending up on there and how the fck do i sort this out??

tried messaging discogs about it and not heard shit?

wasnt that bothered about having a discogs account or anything, but since ive found this out its pissed me off a bit.

The_Laughing_Man
27-02-2009, 01:59 AM
get an account, and make corrections, users will vote and aid you to do this as you go along, it`s that easy, you might get listed as Siege(2) as a process of this.

DannyBlack
27-02-2009, 02:55 AM
change your name to Sage.

DJPAUZE
27-02-2009, 04:17 AM
I have the same issue with a dj pauze drum and bass dj from the uk. Thankfully I don't think he's got any releases at all and didn't scoop up the url. Kind of puts you in a tough situation I know. All the best to you and i would suggest the Laughing Man approach...

acidpisar
27-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Go and change it and i can vote it correct as i have voter rights there.

Just write which Siege you will be as there is 7 Siege so far :)

Siege
27-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Go and change it and i can vote it correct as i have voter rights there.

Just write which Siege you will be as there is 7 Siege so far :)

created account, wouldnt let me use siege......so used CWSiege

if you could vote the listings correct mate that would be great?

theres ...ante rasa 05 - veine allegiance

cause and effect - damaged trax 05

2 (North) tape packs - siege + mark anthony

let me know if you manage sort it mate ;)

cheers

Siege
27-02-2009, 09:29 AM
grrrrr!

just tried a search of my account and cannot find??

i can see this keep happening whenever i release something as whoever submits will submit to Siege unknowingly instead of CWSiege

BLAG!!!

Siege
27-02-2009, 10:04 AM
sorted

acidpisar as kindly helped me out

cheers for that Peter ;)

davethedrummer
27-02-2009, 05:27 PM
yeah theres some bloke from czech and a geezer from miami calling themselves hydraulix
the czech guy even put my hydraulix logo up on his last fm page as his artist picture!
very annoying.
that reminds me......

DannyBlack
27-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Now that you mention it though, there is a guy taking credit for my work. He also calls himself Umek just like me. He gets my royalties and I get his Gas bills.

davethedrummer
27-02-2009, 10:16 PM
now thats tough
ring the gas board and grass him up.

stjohn
28-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Now that you mention it though, there is a guy taking credit for my work. He also calls himself Umek just like me. He gets my royalties and I get his Gas bills.

ugh dont tell me ur making that astro-disco rusbbish

jon connor
01-03-2009, 04:51 PM
yeah theres some bloke from czech and a geezer from miami calling themselves hydraulix
the czech guy even put my hydraulix logo up on his last fm page as his artist picture!
very annoying.
that reminds me......

now that in cockney slang i would call a SLAG! And he needs a DRY SLAP heheheh cheecky bastardo

The Overfiend
02-03-2009, 05:48 AM
I know the guy, we used to both shop at cafe sounds this place in Montclair New Jersey. Bit on the Satany side.

RDR
02-03-2009, 08:18 AM
I know the guy, we used to both shop at cafe sounds this place in Montclair New Jersey. Bit on the Satany side.

it is a small world indeed.

The_Laughing_Man
02-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Bit on the Satany side.

best comment ever.

Nice bloke, bit on the satany side.
You can be chilling out with him in a coffee shop, and every now and again he devours the soul of a passer by, casting them down into eternal darkeness.
Then he offers to buy you a muffin.
http://4and20blackbirds.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/satan1.jpg

The_Laughing_Man
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
additional word of warning to siege
beware the pedantry of discogs. there are some very scarey rule nerds there.

278d7e64a374de26f==