PDA

View Full Version : this compressor rocks!!!!!

BloodStar
27-02-2009, 01:06 PM
been using this one lately, and start loving it more and more. smart functions like "parallel compression" which is basically dry/wet knob signal, "impetus" for adding harmonic distortion to the compressed signal, fixed ratios 4, 8, 12, 20:1/ All mode, sidechain compression.....

forgot to say ATTACK 5 μs–2 ms, RELEASE 1 ms–1 s ;-)

http://downloads.stillwellaudio.com/screenshots/Rocket-ss.jpg

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/?page_id=68

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3404.html

The Rocket is a character audio compressor, singular in its extraordinary speed, responding in mere microseconds to variations in program level. Being in the order of several thousand times faster than most ordinary compressors, we respectfully submit that The Rocket kicks like a mf.

Violation of the laws of physics and digital signal processing remain beyond us at this time, and a single sample at 44.1kHz has a span of 22.6 microseconds. The Rocket's attack time can be below this level, for absolute certainty that even the very first sample understands that you are
its master. Placed on the master bus, The Rocket will effortlessly tame transients almost in the manner of a brickwall limiter.

Discussions of Science and Art are played out within The Rocket 's 'Impetus' circuits, where warmth and aggression exist as DSP, able to take the delicate, musical gain reduction to the extremes of dirty, heavy and slamming rock'n'roll misbehaviour. Aw hell, The Rocket can rock so CRANK IT UP!

rhythmtech
27-02-2009, 01:14 PM
yup. still well rock. the major tom is lovely too for some old school slamming compression.. only problem is the rocket wont work with the fxpansion wrapper unless you remove major tom.. so you can only use one or the other in protools :-(

they're meant to be working on a fix for it at the moment.

but yeah, the rocket is a top top compressor and lovely for parallel comp to with the mix knob.

BloodStar
27-02-2009, 01:26 PM
all works fine on Live7, (fingers crossed)

i'm using all the stillwell plugins and they're all wicked. at least its good to see someone is not just copycating ui, but also add nice features.

rhythmtech
27-02-2009, 01:37 PM
all works fine on Live7, (fingers crossed)

i'm using all the stillwell plugins and they're all wicked. at least its good to see someone is not just copycating ui, but also add nice features.

they work perfect on everything except when using the vst-rtas wrapper :-(

Jay Pace
27-02-2009, 02:41 PM
interesting that there's a reaper specific licence there for half the price....

loopdon
27-02-2009, 09:38 PM
This is a highly praised comp. Peeps on gearslutz seem to like it as well..

Milesy
27-02-2009, 09:51 PM
a bunch of the stillwell plugins look pretty sweet. was some of them talked about in FM this month.

The_Laughing_Man
27-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I love the stillwell plugs, but I have stability issues with some of them

josephjobling
27-02-2009, 10:39 PM
what are you using this for bloodstar - i have sonalksis for general compressing/side chaining and rough rider for kick and snare drum - how does this compaire

loopdon
28-02-2009, 09:09 AM
The Schwa stuff you can find on the homepage as well is pretty rad as well.

BloodStar
01-03-2009, 01:21 PM
what are you using this for bloodstar - i have sonalksis for general compressing/side chaining and rough rider for kick and snare drum - how does this compaire
hmm, i am using it on all materials where i need to keep or enhance transients. as you see compressor has pretty fast attack/release, so it can kick pretty hardly.. basically i use it on kicks, drum buss, ¨percussions, etc.. works nice on leads aswell.

rhythmtech
01-03-2009, 02:11 PM
hmm, i am using it on all materials where i need to keep or enhance transients. as you see compressor has pretty fast attack/release, so it can kick pretty hardly.. basically i use it on kicks, drum buss, ¨percussions, etc.. works nice on leads aswell.

exactly its very multi purpose like an 1176.

herman
01-03-2009, 06:28 PM
I love the stillwell plugs, but I have stability issues with some of them

Yeah same for me on OSX as well actually stopped using them because of it.

rhythmtech
01-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah same for me on OSX as well actually stopped using them because of it.

hey paul, i remember ages ago you were talking of selling your uad1.. i might be in the market at the moment if its still on the cards.

josephjobling
03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
i think for the price i'll give it a whirl $49.00 seems to be a good price

278d7e64a374de26f==