PDA

View Full Version : Force - Oktan

force
27-02-2009, 01:56 PM
new one i've just finished.

Think its pretty much there barring a few surgical edits.

Warning to those who might be adversely affected, it does go a bit 'Deep House'!!

Thoughts welcome

http://rapidshare.com/files/203197408/Force_-_oktan.mp3.html

stjohn
27-02-2009, 02:51 PM
heh.. no deep house here! a lovely touch of deep techno maybe, but not feckin house! that low end groove keeps a techno energy throughout.

really like it man.. the sequence is subtly brilliant. mixwise sounds sweet. the low end is lovely and round. u could maybe push out the mids some more?

DannyBlack
27-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Force. If this is deep house I'm booking a ticket to your house, I will dress you in a pink shirt and buy a donkey and make it bugger you.

I shall download it later and listen. good to see you back with another production mate! :-)

Siege
27-02-2009, 04:55 PM
link not working for me?

excuse me while i go knock fck out of this computer!

DannyBlack
27-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I managed to grab it. Want me to MSN it to you inabit mate?

No deep house thank god!

Nice deep techno. really pulls you. I like it mate. really well done. Im only on headphones so I can't comment on the production just yet.

I love your balls.

Siege
28-02-2009, 11:54 PM
link expired

force
01-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Cheers for the comments lads, it felt a bit different from what i normally produce, which aint a bad thing i suppose. I'll go back and have a look at those mids Rory, see if i can improve it somehow.

Got an updated link here Calv.

http://rapidshare.com/files/203947340/Force_-_oktan.mp3.html

Danny, your donkey idea sounds like a plan.

Siege
05-03-2009, 01:49 PM
very nice tune Daz, if thats deep house than my names fckin John..........techno all the way matey!

sounds very nice indeed.

vinvanman
05-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Lovely tune force, a slow builder that pulls you in to a deep grooving melody, very well produced.

Little_Fella!
14-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Ahhhhh...

I see where your coming from on the 'leaning towards' Deep House tip later on in the progression of this track as you manipulate the hypnotic synth stab to push the groove in a more lush direction than from the start...

As mentioned the bottom end movement 'kick/bass' aint House but the track is none the less more defineable as Deep than most 'Deep House' tracks stocked as genre type in the online shops are (!!) ... which seem to be mainly jazzy type things with a subby kick ( not Deep House in ma book anyways... ummmm )...

On headphones so shizzle on the production front - - apart from top end sparkle needed I fink - - you can get a plug in that compensates for your bass heavy headphones, or the various types you get, which Steve mentioned to me.... I must have ... !

Good groover this as it does have two identities, which do blend rather well and is welcome as it gets warmer as the track goes on... nice one Darren :cool:

UngratefulNinja
16-03-2009, 09:33 AM
If this isn't what you normally produce then maybe you should!

Very good tune imo, really like the flow and the slow evolution of the synth, nice drum programming as well, got a real nice jackin' groove to the whole thing.

My only complaint (and this is minor) is the edits sound a bit messy sometimes, maybe this is personal but they kinda throw off the beat for me, if that was the point fair play and you succeeded, but some of them just kinda sound a bit weird to me.

More like this :)

278d7e64a374de26f==