PDA

View Full Version : reaper & other DAW recommendations

Jay Pace
27-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Has anyone trialled this much?

I hate cubase, unstable clunky piece of crap but its the only system I've ever learned to use properly and I can do anything I want in it.

Not sure whether I'm just imagining the grass being greener, and it seems too good to be true that reaper offers all cubase functionality, plus stability and low CPU tax....

Is it worth migrating?

rhythmtech
27-02-2009, 02:54 PM
reaper is pretty great. i used it for a bit before i went PTLE but its midi isnt exactly feature laden like cubase. more of a mix DAW IMO. but its incredibly low on cpu even when stuffed with plug-ins!

ver 3 will be out soon and from the beta i have here its gonna be awesome.

morbid
27-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Ive just started faffing about with Reaper after recomendations from Rhythm Tech a few months back, its really well laid out, nice clean graphics, simple enough to get your head round and like you say really low CPU use.

Ive never got on with Cubase and wouldnt ever use half its functionality anyway, I just wanted something nice and simple to work with and it definately gives you that.

Its free (ish) - full functionality if you dont pay, you just get a nag box every time you load it up or $50 for non-commercial use. Youve got nothing to lose downloading and playing about with it.

278d7e64a374de26f==