PDA

View Full Version : uploads

steve_rage
18-01-2004, 05:38 PM
i got me picture uploaded...

when i want to do it again for other sites (not that i will b on them)

have i got to have webspace to do it or something ....and if so how do i go about it

any help would be valued
thanx

steve_rage
20-01-2004, 07:09 PM
barr humbugs :evil:

Barely Human
21-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Anythin displayed on the net, has to be uploaded to a webserver. If you upload 1 picture, it can be linked to numurous different sites by putting in the url of it.

steve_rage
21-01-2004, 04:53 PM
?????????????/// :doh: in english ..... :doh:

Barely Human
21-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Hahahaha! Didnt even notice that it was me that was hosting it!

Right, here it goes....

Everything you see on the internet, images, words, sounds etc....has to be on a webserver. A webserver is a pc that is conected to the net in a speciial way so that other people can access its files. If a file you have a file uploaded onto a webserver, then people can access it by having the correct url,(or address). The URL is basically the address of where about this files is stored on the whole of the internet, ie - Your picture's URL is...

http://www.clubfaction.net/images/Picture.jpg

If you click on the link above, your picture will be displayed. This is becuase the url has told your computer where to find the file. Which is on the server clubfaction is on, in the images folder. If you want to use this picture on any other boards, then all you have to do is type the URL in above, and it will be displayed. You can do this on 10000's of boards with just the one picture uploaded.

steve_rage
21-01-2004, 05:58 PM
thanx for that ....now.....
if i want to upload a picture myself have i got to have my own webspace.

Do i have to contact my server provider or something else :lol:

Barely Human
21-01-2004, 06:02 PM
If you are on broadband, then chances are you may already have a small bit of webspace with your acount. To find this out, you will need to contact your ISP. If you havent, then you can either buy some webspace from the 1000's of companies offerening it, or you can just ask people who have got some if they can host summit for ya.

steve_rage
21-01-2004, 06:35 PM
its as easy as that iam on ntl broadband and they say i have 55m of space just got to find it

cheers

278d7e64a374de26f==