PDA

View Full Version : any special tip/trick books for ableton techno specific

mindgame
28-02-2009, 08:15 PM
has anyone written any tip/trick books on using ableton to create techno specificly.
i have the ableton 5 power guide and a tips and tricks book by delancey but has anyone written one that can directly relate to techno usage.?

theres so many uses and ways to ue ableton but if someone was to have helped anarrow it down or at least use it as a good stgarting guide so i can bypass all the featues i may not use..
or better yet how to take advantage of the features i would want to use in a techno format, tha twoud be awesome..

tekara
28-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I would think most of the lazy techno producers out there would just mash about 3-4 different loops together. Maybe some loops they will cut the bar in half, some will leave the full bar playing. Then they'd probably use a low pass filter on many of the loops so that the average listener would not be able to pick up on the fact that the loop is from a sample CD. Add some distortion, add some other effects. Then probably lay out some synth chords on top of it.

I know of 5-6 different guys that do this when they lack inspiration. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesnt.

Milesy
28-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Have a jam sesson and just come up with fun stuff, and stuff that sounds cool.

Then afterwards you should have a bunch of audio files then have another session to see if you can sequence something.

278d7e64a374de26f==