05-03-2009, 04:34 PM
http://www.myspace.com/xpdigiflexrec

12 releases over 12 months

first one: route 08 + route 20

what you think guys ?

good or bad move ?

acidpisar
05-03-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure if i should be happy or i should cry ??!!

I'm not a big fan of doing represses of very old stuff...sometimes when something is hard to find is better.It is not overplayed at parties.

But the most strange thing for me is that french label is doing represses of one of the best label in UK history :hmmm::eek::confused:

Athar
05-03-2009, 04:41 PM
i hate represses to be honest

there is any reasons to be a vinyl collector anymore if some of my best tracks are just repressings ?

DarkYoung
05-03-2009, 04:47 PM
piss poor immersion needs to sort his head out.

steve mills
05-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I`m with you guys on the repress thing, its good to have a great selection of tunes that many others might not have been able to get their paws on, however it can only mean good things for acid techno because of the kids who are just getting into the scene, an hearing these tunes for the 1st time, its the next generation that are gonne keep pushing the acid techno scene, an what with so many people selling out an moving on to the minimal more accepted shit, we need them! i think anyway, he he he

zyclone
05-03-2009, 04:59 PM
This is great for me! Missed all the old releases. So now I can collect them and play them over here in Norway :)

The_Laughing_Man
05-03-2009, 05:26 PM
brillian idea, I have all the early routes. 1-40
and they were the best, it would be fantastic to show the kids what it was all about and get them back into proper acid techno, rather than hard dance muck.

DarkYoung
05-03-2009, 07:33 PM

there is any reasons to be a vinyl collector anymore if some of my best tracks are just repressings ?

+1

rhythmtech
05-03-2009, 08:42 PM
i think its a great idea.. especially if they got re-mastered aswell!

DarkYoung
06-03-2009, 08:09 AM
title of the thread should be . . .
Routemaster Depressed

YOGY
06-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure if i should be happy or i should cry ??!!

I'm not a big fan of doing represses of very old stuff...sometimes when something is hard to find is better.It is not overplayed at parties.

But the most strange thing for me is that french label is doing represses of one of the best label in UK history :hmmm::eek::confused:

this label ,doing repress of loads of other labels aswell....

YOGY
06-03-2009, 10:04 AM

YOGY
06-03-2009, 10:08 AM
i think its a great idea.. especially if they got re-mastered aswell!
would be a good idea if they re-masted some of the tracks, but this label its just after some quick cash in my opinion .....

Technologic
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.myspace.com/xpdigiflexrec

12 releases over 12 months

first one: route 08 + route 20

what you think guys ?

good or bad move ?

F*cking excellent!

I was just about to put a thread up about Godstopper funnily enough.

speed-it-up
06-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Don't see the problem really. I never overplayed that label in my sets at the time anyway because everybody else was tanning them.

APC
06-03-2009, 08:59 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...... MY ROUTEMASTERS WILL DROP IN VALUE..... WAHHHAAAAAHHAHAHAHA

Can't wait. I'll still buy the originals though as I'm a collection whore but represses will do me in the short term.

It's like Steamliner being released on Vaults hahahahaha!!!

pat_mcgerkin
06-03-2009, 09:46 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...... MY ROUTEMASTERS WILL DROP IN VALUE..... WAHHHAAAAAHHAHAHAHA

Quoted for truth - get over it!

I think it's great.

Been yearning for a copy of godstopper for years but couldn't justify the 30-50 quid plus shipping, especially with the Oz-UK exhange rate the way it is at the mo.

Would have preferred it if they were repressing the records as they were released rather than with different releases on each side, but hey, still delighted to have the chance to pick up some great tunes at a decent price.

So what does everyone else want to see repressed?

Selfishly, I just want the better tunes that are missing from my collection:

Route 2, 12, 17, 18, 26 and 45 plskthx.

Oh, and Route 28 - mine's got a little scratch at the end so I've gotta play it with the weight set as high as possible.

The_Laughing_Man
06-03-2009, 09:47 PM
I really don`t see the problem
as an artist you want your music to be available to as many people as possible who would want it.
Screw the collectors.

lunatrick
06-03-2009, 09:57 PM
as an artist you want your music to be available to as many people as possible who would want it.
Screw the collectors.

totally - every artist under the sun makes their material available to those who want it for as long as they want it - why wouldn't you?

I don't understand why the London crew don't just make every tune they've ever done for sale as a download.......if people want it why not? back in the real world the truly collectable is the limited edition copy that has never been played - just like comics etc. If you own the copyright then go for it....it's hard enough to make a living in this business. I've said the same to Steve Smitten in the past.

Technologic
06-03-2009, 10:33 PM
totally - every artist under the sun makes their material available to those who want it for as long as they want it - why wouldn't you?

I don't understand why the London crew don't just make every tune they've ever done for sale as a download.......if people want it why not? back in the real world the truly collectable is the limited edition copy that has never been played - just like comics etc. If you own the copyright then go for it....it's hard enough to make a living in this business. I've said the same to Steve Smitten in the past.

Purely speculation, but I think most of the back catalogues will only be available on vinyl, the midi and audio files would probably be long gone, making getting the tracks available to download a real pain in the arse, not to mention poor quality.

Although i could be wrong.

lunatrick
06-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Purely speculation, but I think most of the back catalogues will only be available on vinyl, the midi and audio files would probably be long gone, making getting the tracks available to download a real pain in the arse, not to mention poor quality.

Although i could be wrong.

nah I'm pretty sure all the orignal dat's would be stashed away -maybe not the midi files though..

Technologic
06-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, probably.

Still, it'd be a mission and a half getting everything online.

Better off just picking out the best tunes i reckon.

morbid
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM

I agree, I own 80% of Stay Up, Routemaster, Smitten, Hydraulix, COSHH, Hazchem etc vinyl back catalogue but would shell out straight away for the lot as 320 mp3 or wav. purely to save the hassle of ripping them myself. I cant believe there arent masters for the majority of these tunes lying around somewhere. Theres big money to be made if they were made available digitaly.

xes
07-03-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm all up for represses. I've got loads of holes in my collection that could be filled quite nicely if lots of labels did this. It's having the tune that matters to me, not it being an original pressing.

APC
08-03-2009, 12:57 AM
conclusion: represses are only bad if you feel threatened by people owning the songs that you think personify you.

If i could go back in time and get the tunes first time round I would do but I cant and because i ****ing love the tunes I will get hold of them any way i can.

i love techno. i dont really care for egos of people who play someone elses tunes. I plasy a tune, i dont claim it to be mine, but i want it to be heard so it can get known and respected.

DarkYoung
08-03-2009, 10:23 AM
conclusion: represses are only bad if you feel threatened by people owning the songs that you think personify you.

If i could go back in time and get the tunes first time round I would do but I cant and because i ****ing love the tunes I will get hold of them any way i can.

i love techno. i dont really care for egos of people who play someone elses tunes. I plasy a tune, i dont claim it to be mine, but i want it to be heard so it can get known and respected.
true words . . .

there's a lot of the routemaster back catalogue that i don't own.

and if gets re-released on vinyl i will buy it, because the old vinyl degrades anyhows.

the only thing i am upset about is that Routemaster is now a closed label. no new releases etc and i find that hard to deal with.

so its just a question of labels re-releasing their old catalogue now and thats your lot for acid techno these days.

great.

benji303
08-03-2009, 10:23 AM
what routes are set for re-release on vinyl

Athar
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
i think some of the customers they will be french guys who used to play the routemaster records like the tribe records, they played most of them on the wrong speed, not just normal 33rpm but on 45rpm
and THIS thing for me was always nothing more than just profanation
acid techno profanation, the music i love, my anthems.

and this thing getting me mad a bit

correct me if I am wrong

im not against repress aspect

the good point i see is if someone new on the dancefloor will listen these tracks first time and he or she will be fellin exaclly same things like we felt 10 years ago there is a chance he or she will get acid techno infected

and i keepin my fingers crossed for that

DarkYoung
08-03-2009, 04:38 PM
the good point i see is if someone new on the dancefloor will listen these tracks first time and he or she will be fellin exaclly same things like we felt 10 years ago there is a chance he or she will get acid techno infected

and i keepin my fingers crossed for that

i don't really get that point.
i'm all for todays sounds. not ten years ago.

shit where's Adey when you need him?

Athar
08-03-2009, 04:47 PM
i don't really get that point.
i'm all for todays sounds. not ten years ago.

shit where's Adey when you need him?

but it works mate

last weekend i played acid techno set in sweden
most of records i played was an old good acid techno include some routemaster tracks and the people really enjoyed the music
most of them never had occasion to listen acid techno before
they didnt know it exist

and im sure new people were infected :)

DarkYoung
08-03-2009, 04:52 PM
but it works mate

last weekend i played acid techno set in sweden
most of records i played was an old good acid techno include some routemaster tracks and the people really enjoyed the music
most of them never had occasion to listen acid techno before
they didnt know it exist

and im sure new people were infected :)

i know wot you mean, and you know what i mean:wink:

Athar
08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
i know wot you mean, and you know what i mean:wink:

:yup:

Si the Sigh
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Bottom line, all the old Routemaster releases own everything released in the last year or 2.

FACT.

Viva la hardware produced old skool acid.

echodek
09-03-2009, 01:57 PM
nice... i can't stand seeing people putting acid techno on ebay for hugely inflated prices, when none of the profits go to the artist.

A.P.
09-03-2009, 03:19 PM
I missed a few of the old ones so i'm up for it.

aaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccciiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddd !

NIKCAM
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
It can only be a good thing to have some of these tunes put back out there - on the new releases lists and not just on internet buy and sell sites, where you need to know what you're looking for - many a young one who has never heard them will get the acid techno bug.

I'm a big believer in the enduring quality of many of the tunes that came out of this scene/sound/movement and I think that they will stand the test of time - not just to those who heard them first time round, but also to new ears. It's 11+ years since I bought my first acid records (route 20 among them) and they still give me as much pleasure as they always did.

I have since expanded into other diverse areas of music in terms of what I buy, but I will never miss the opportunity to get my hands on some of the classic tunes I missed first time round - Godstopper included!

Love this music and always will.

NIKCAM
12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Should say aswell - XP Digiflex is a cracker label. Some great releases by Gelstat, Noisebuilder, Ganez...... Who cares if they are doing it for money - they deserve to for putting some of this stuff out.

pat_mcgerkin
21-03-2009, 03:34 AM
So ... anyone know where the hell this is being sold?

Site says it's out now, but there's no sign of it at any online store I usually use (ie Juno/chemical/bangingtunes).

Found a couple of French records stores, but every one is sold out allready.

:sad panda:

acidpisar
21-03-2009, 10:23 AM

Site says it's out now, but there's no sign of it at any online store I usually use (ie Juno/chemical/bangingtunes).

It should be on Juno i think...they have this label in stock.

the_psychologist
21-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Remaster them and make the artwork generic so that they are fairly different from the originals. At least there's some distinction then.

Tho one has to ask if a certain amount of the Routemaster sound is derived from filthy production that was intentional. I don't think so-called squat rock was ever meant to be crystal clear. I think Lawrie has always been an audiophile, so it occurs to me that his tracks sound just the way he wants them to sound.

I would also pay for WAVs if anyone is listening. Many people play CDs or laptops these days...

APC
25-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Any news on this? It's catalogued on Discogs now but can't find it for sale.

acidpisar
25-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Any news on this? It's catalogued on Discogs now but can't find it for sale.

It was out few days ago.
Be patient :smile:
Should be in shops shortly...

swervert
27-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Screw the collectors.

agreed tbh, music should be for everyone, not just the few who were lucky enough to buy rare records when they came out and those prepared to pay big bucks!

DarkYoung
02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
changed my mind about this wouldnt mind the new vinyl. most of the sound quality in older vinyl detriorates so much.

APC
02-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Ordered mine from Kinetec a few mins ago :)

acidpisar
08-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Next Routemaster to repress:

Routemaster HS02:
-Route14 : "Two Lines Of K..."
-Route21 : "My 909 Got a Picture..."

Routemaster HS03 :
-Route02 "Quasar"
-Route26 "Mobile Telephone"

APC
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I am the punctuator!

pat_mcgerkin
08-04-2009, 10:56 PM
i think some of the customers they will be french guys who used to play the routemaster records like the tribe records, they played most of them on the wrong speed, not just normal 33rpm but on 45rpm
and THIS thing for me was always nothing more than just profanation
acid techno profanation, the music i love, my anthems.

and this thing getting me mad a bit

My copy just turned up yesterday - you don't gotta worry about that, both tunes play at 45rpm.

pat_mcgerkin
08-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Next Routemaster to repress:

Routemaster HS03 :
-Route02 "Quasar"
-Route26 "Mobile Telephone"

Do want!

acidpisar
09-04-2009, 09:27 AM
My copy just turned up yesterday - you don't gotta worry about that, both tunes play at 45rpm.

Thats a good news :)

Technologic
09-04-2009, 04:56 PM

Got my copy last Thursday. I was lucky enough to be in kinetec the day they arrived :D

Unfortunately i have no decks to play it on though :(

DarkYoung
09-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Got my copy last Thursday. I was lucky enough to be in kinetec the day they arrived :D

Unfortunately i have no decks to play it on though :(

ouch

Technologic
09-04-2009, 09:39 PM
ouch

Innit.

I've heard it countless times though on Advanced technique which i still thrash these days, but it'd still be nice to have a mix with it.

Gotta a couple of gigs lined up but they're the graveyard shift so i don't think the timing will be right, i will get my chance to bust it out for some dancefloor destruction one day though i'm sure.

People_Mover
10-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Mobile Telephone.....nothing short of iconic.....can't wait for that one

DarkYoung
10-04-2009, 11:33 PM

me too i never really heard it tbh

though i remember when this tune was like going for crazy amounts on ebay.

DarkYoung
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Gotta a couple of gigs lined up but they're the graveyard shift so i don't think the timing will be right, i will get my chance to bust it out for some dancefloor destruction one day though i'm sure.

i know the feeling mate. i ve done the dawn patrol slot a few times dude.

speed-it-up
16-04-2009, 09:02 AM

I think its a bit crap to be honest. Each to their own I suppose.

APC
16-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I think its a bit crap to be honest. Each to their own I suppose.

Red Herring, on the reverse, is miles better.

acidpisar
16-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Red Herring, on the reverse, is miles better.

Thats why repressing only one side is sometimes fair :wink:

People_Mover
03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I used to buy Routemaster routinely, even though at the time I may not have liked some of the harder sounding releases - funky/bubbling basslines were my thing (and still are). That trickled out and eventually stopped in 1999 when I had to give up spinning/clubbing to look after my dear Mum. I think they may have released Red Herring around the same time, because I can recall listening to Hackney Council (ROUTE 28) in my local record shop and NOT buying it would you believe, but not Red Herring. Also I missed out on Element, Colonel Mustard, Acid Junkies, the 30.3 EP and so on, to my great loss.
Mobile Telephone though, crops up time and time again in various mixes (most notably The Germ's Acid Techno 11-08-05 mix, which is a cracker), and I for one am glad it is available to buy at sensible prices once more. Not only that, you get Kektex's Quasar from ROUTE 02 on the same release; a total bargain!
One other thing to add, is the quality of the pressing, which is excellent. I'm looking forward to future releases with great anticipation. If it saves me shelling out a heck of a lot of cash for what usually is a fairly worn-out copy, then that for me, is a Good Thing.

DarkYoung
03-05-2009, 04:23 PM
I used to buy Routemaster routinely, even though at the time I may not have liked some of the harder sounding releases - funky/bubbling basslines were my thing (and still are). That trickled out and eventually stopped in 1999 when I had to give up spinning/clubbing to look after my dear Mum. I think they may have released Red Herring around the same time, because I can recall listening to Hackney Council (ROUTE 28) in my local record shop and NOT buying it would you believe, but not Red Herring. Also I missed out on Element, Colonel Mustard, Acid Junkies, the 30.3 EP and so on, to my great loss.
Mobile Telephone though, crops up time and time again in various mixes (most notably The Germ's Acid Techno 11-08-05 mix, which is a cracker), and I for one am glad it is available to buy at sensible prices once more. Not only that, you get Kektex's Quasar from ROUTE 02 on the same release; a total bargain!
One other thing to add, is the quality of the pressing, which is excellent. I'm looking forward to future releases with great anticipation. If it saves me shelling out a heck of a lot of cash for what usually is a fairly worn-out copy, then that for me, is a Good Thing.

any chance of you posting up that 95 germ mix?

APC
03-05-2009, 08:16 PM

Issues with the first release unfortunately :(

People_Mover
04-05-2009, 12:18 AM
any chance of you posting up that 95 germ mix?

I will post the existing link in the top thread (ACID FILES).

acidpisar
10-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Next Routemasters out in may.

RMHS 04
-Lochi - London Acid City (Rout 1)
-Kektex - Piston (Rout 7)

RMHS 05
-D.A.V.E. The Drummer - Pump Dept (Rout 45)
-Immersion - Why Don't You? (Rout 29)

Si the Sigh
11-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Boring.

How about some new releases instead of represses?

DarkYoung
11-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Boring.

it is quite sad.

or why not just reissue the original records?

acidpisar
11-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Boring.

Agree 100%.
There is so many great unreleased tracks.

morbid
11-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Boring.

Lawrie himself hasnt put anything serious out for a good few years now. Other commitments perhaps. PGV seems to have dried up a bit as well.

acidpisar
11-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Lawrie himself hasnt put anything serious out for a good few years now. Other commitments perhaps. PGV seems to have dried up a bit as well.

And this is strange to me...he's an acid techno master for me (together with Henry and few others).
I don't believe he don't have any old 303 unreleased tracks or that he can't make new ones.
I hope he will be doing acid techno again soon or later (soon i prefer:)

the_psychologist
20-05-2009, 04:36 AM
we never did get to hear that live Kektex set that the boys recorded

anyway, i think Lawrie still does actual production/pressing of the vinyl, right? i'm pretty sure that's his trade now.

i'm also pretty sure that he wants to keep the early releases a commodity, and that's why you guys are seeing the split represses

swervert
20-05-2009, 09:26 PM
RMHS 05

shame there not repressing '' in the freeze'', much better tune than ''why don't you?'' imo

the_psychologist
20-05-2009, 10:41 PM
BTW - For those people looking for really clean versions of the classics, check out the unmixed CDs on the first two Routemaster compilations. They have "Godstopper" and many more, and the tracks sound huge.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Political-Party-Broadcast/release/168052
(oh shit - two copies for sale, really cheap)

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=113326&ev=rb
(also cheap)

acidpisar
20-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Nex represses:

RMHS08 - Kektex - Inner City Junkies / Wicked Plastik
RMHS09 - Lochi / Lawrie Immersion - New Wave Of Acid Techno / Schizophonic

fukktry
20-07-2009, 01:52 PM
RMHS 05

shame there not repressing '' in the freeze'', much better tune than ''why don't you?'' imo

true, i'm also waiting for "in the freeze" to be repressed

davethedrummer
21-07-2009, 12:21 AM
well yeah,
for those of you who already have the old tunes then it's nothng new or exciting
but lawrie was asked to do it, and given a deal he thought made sense.
i don't think there's much money in it for him,
but people seem to be happy that they can buy some old tracks on new vinyl.
re-issues are a physical impossibility because the metal stampers degrade so much over time.

and on a brighter note
I've just done a couple of days in the studio with lawrie , chris has too
and he's firing on all cylinders.
we've done a couple of kektex tracks and we'll do more soon too.
the old sound is coming together and it's great fun to be working with lawrie again.
he's been so busy with the mastering ,that he just hasn't had the time to make new tunes
plus the vinyl sales died, so he just stopped releasing.

but I think things are getting back on track
he's talking about PGV again and he played me some wicked new tracks acid and techno
which may well come out , last thing I heard he was sending them to woody mcbride.

so good news really,
when i get a minute I'll upload the new tracks to soundcloud and drop a link in.

-LETHAL-ONE-
21-07-2009, 01:22 AM
well yeah,
for those of you who already have the old tunes then it's nothng new or exciting
re-issues are a physical impossibility because the metal stampers degrade so much over time.

and on a brighter note
the old sound is coming together and it's great fun to be working with lawrie again.
he's been so busy with the mastering ,that he just hasn't had the time to make new tunes

he's talking about PGV again and he played me some wicked new tracks acid and techno
which may well come out , last thing I heard he was sending them to woody mcbride.

so good news really,
when i get a minute I'll upload the new tracks to soundcloud and drop a link in.

Damm,,,, sounds like real good news...
I miss the old school KEKTEX tracks...
The only better news that could top this would be us having an alien invasion that will overthrow the New World Order... Oh... and that Korean maniac.

Im really looking forward to those new releases... Keep up the great work... :yup:

acidpisar
21-07-2009, 04:09 PM
well yeah,

and on a brighter note

so good news really,

I think this is the best info i read on this forum for a looooong time :)
Can't wait when you put samples online

hypothalamus
21-07-2009, 09:18 PM
oooh, sounds good mr drummer :)

APC
22-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Nex represses:

RMHS08 - Kektex - Inner City Junkies / Wicked Plastik
RMHS09 - Lochi / Lawrie Immersion - New Wave Of Acid Techno / Schizophonic

Wicked Plastik, ruined by it's annoying repeating sample.

xes
23-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Is Lock re-released yet?

no?

How about now?

No?

Now?

*drums fingers on the table*

Athar
23-07-2009, 06:44 PM
yeah agreed

3 releases left .....

Acid Jammer Please (i know its from 2006 but i miss this record somehow.....)

xes
30-07-2009, 01:11 PM
only 3 releases left??? Fu*k no! Lock had better be one of them, or I'm going to do some snipering from the bell tower :grr:

Si the Sigh
30-07-2009, 03:35 PM
yeah agreed

3 releases left .....

Acid Jammer Please (i know its from 2006 but i miss this record somehow.....)

I think shed loads of people did man.

Distribution problems maybe?

I couldn't get a copy of this for shit.

Gutted because it's an awesome slice of happy acid.

morbid
30-07-2009, 04:04 PM
am I alone in wanting a clean copy of treatment (route10)?

Massively underated tune, mine sounds like its been washed with gravel through overplay

or the flip of ****ing avin it ere (route 20) - dirty big and bouncing - it kills any other acid tune on a big system

DarkYoung
30-07-2009, 05:54 PM
am I alone in wanting a clean copy of treatment (route10)?

i hated that tune dude. glad you liked it.

acidpisar
30-07-2009, 08:05 PM
i hated that tune dude. glad you liked it.

Maby not hated but this tune was very strange to me.

DarkYoung
30-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Maby not hated but this tune was very strange to me.

totally, i think it was an attempt at acid techno drum n bass.

i had two copies at one point sold em on ebay.

Si the Sigh
31-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Treatment is awesome. Something different for the time...

DarkYoung
31-07-2009, 03:17 PM
I think shed loads of people did man.

Distribution problems maybe?

I couldn't get a copy of this for shit.

Gutted because it's an awesome slice of happy acid.

i have a copy of this and tbh i dont think its that good.

so if anyone wants to swap get in touch.

278d7e64a374de26f==