PDA

View Full Version : DirkD - Zamaste

UngratefulNinja
07-03-2009, 10:48 PM
New tune I've been working on. Prolly needs a few more elements to move the tune and the bottom ends needs cleaning up a bit but otherwise not sure where to go from here.

Let me know what you think :)

Oh and make sure to right click and select save as.. to download the tune.

http://dirkd.djtachyon.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=44&Itemid=68

Enjoy!

curly
09-03-2009, 10:48 AM
nice work, got a nice relaxed feel to it. All the elements sounded clear to me, but unfortunately i can't really comment as i am listening on cheep pc speakers.

I would like to here more of this though

DannyBlack
09-03-2009, 01:05 PM
easy mate. do you have a 320kb copy of the tune? 160kb is to poor qual for my ears :lol:

Jay Pace
12-03-2009, 06:01 PM
allo mate

really quite good this. Mix is tight and clean, well structured and flows nicely. I like the big weird build up that goes nowhere - very effective.

Not got too much to offer on the mix, sounds good but I'm only on headphones.

Main things lacking for me - the track lacks groove a bit. Seems a bit static, and a lot of the sounds are a bit dry. Would like to hear a bit more pattern variation, and better us of reverb to fill the space out. Minimal stylings are great, but the best thing about being sparse is the amount of space you get to play around with. A track like this is crying out for reverbs, creative compression, fx playing about with the stereo space.... (IMO of course)

Just feels a bit flat at the moment, like it has monster potential but all the FX and verbs have been turned off. I'd keep the track as it is and put masses of movement into verbs, compression and fx.

Good work mate, very nicely done. Be keen to hear this more finished.

ORIS
13-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Would love to check a 320k mp3!!! If you ever need somewhere to store them, PM me!! I've got unlimited server space so it's not a problem!

;-)

UngratefulNinja
13-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Wow I'm glad people like it! :)

I've been tweaking the track a bit and making some changes (but I kept the original for posterity and what not). I'll be posting a link to that either today or tomorrow.

Oris: No worries I have server space as well, just been a bit busy. I should be posting 320s of the original I posted earlier and the newer updated version so people can compare and contrast.

Has been a bear to get the general mix sorted. I'm currently working completely ITB because my interface crapped out right before I started working on this tune, and as a consequence have only my laptop speakers and my headphones (those are good but can't use them too long at a time, bad on the ears) to reference anything.

UngratefulNinja
16-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Without further ado, an updated and reworked version.

This time as a 320, enjoy and let me know what you think

http://dirkd.djtachyon.com/index.php?view=weblink&catid=44%3Atracks&id=12%3Adirkdzamasterework&option=com_weblinks&Itemid=68

vinvanman
20-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Nice track, liking the groove and flow, production sounds good. I would try bring out the snare a little bit more, give more snap, it would pull you in more. over all i like it, some good ideas.

278d7e64a374de26f==