PDA

View Full Version : how to make sound with good screamy opening ??

subway
19-01-2004, 02:49 AM
hi... i got the Virus C and build my tracks
with a lot of chord sounds from him. my problem is: i want to make my sounds to scream (like the screamy sound from "reflex" of danilo vigorito)
when i hear good sound and move up the cutoff parameter in some point
the sound get twisted and losts his issue.. i want that the sound get and get more screamy and open.. so what do i need to do to create that the sound with good screamy opening... play with filter envlope, change reso.., play with pitch, play with what ???! i realy need to know that thing so plzz if some1 know what i mean and need.... THNX !!!!

Dustin Zahn
19-01-2004, 04:29 AM
I have no idea what the track by danilo sounds like, but I am willing to bet something you want has to deal with a hi-pass filter and lots of reverb.

Maxima
19-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Thats right and mate I think you will hear he has an LFO rising and rising so get LFO1 and anitialise OSC1 and OSC 2 to it then play about with your CLcok settings making sure your clock temo matches your track!

Then like Dustin said select HP filter with medium to high res then tweek like a bitch untill you get it sounding right!!! :twisted:

miromiric.
19-01-2004, 11:41 AM
and distorsion and delay

Basil Rush
19-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Massive envelope changes on one oscilator, or on the FM amount maybe, FM can be wild!

Maxima
19-01-2004, 05:44 PM
OH YES!!! :twisted:

subway
20-01-2004, 01:06 AM
THNX guys !!!! but i tried those tips and i didn't got what i want.. if my basic filter on some sound is lp and that the filter i want for my basic how can i change it in the middle of the track to hp ???! anyway i tried to change the basic sound from lp to hp (and also twick up the reso..) and the sound with high cutoff sounds the same as it was before with the lp filter the changing to hp does not work on the sound like i want it... i also didnt understood what u mean to put lfo on the osc.. when i want arising of screaming and opening i need to put the lfo on the cutoff parameter.. dont I ???!
what it gives me to put lfo on osc... 1+2 ? which kind of lfo ?
thanx again for your help.

timo
20-01-2004, 08:40 PM
scream:

pull up your resonance knob, then push all that trough a distortion effect (better: amp distortion/overdrive).

you can apply that to different sounds, e.g. pad sounds are really screamy afterwards, or to basslines (creates acid)

DJZeMig_L
20-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Try increasing the release 'till max on the amplitude envelope and add lots of reverb at the same time!!

I think the is also some sort of funtion the compress or limit the sound when u use 2 much resonance so play with that , if u feel that the sound kinda becomes 2 thin and drops in volume when u start reaching the max value for resonance!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==