PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Projects

curly
11-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Due to the credit compression (well everyone's finances have been brought down to the same level) I have found myself with a lot my time to dedicate to music and was wondering what is best.

a. To work on a single project from start to finish

b. work on 2 or more projects to have some variation

what do you all feel works best.

josephjobling
11-03-2009, 05:32 PM
i do a mixture of both - depends on what mood i am in - if i am getting a bit stale on a project i switch to another project just to get a fresh prospective.

Jay Pace
11-03-2009, 05:34 PM
I try and finish a project before moving on to another one.

Otherwise I get in a trap of starting projects, having loads of fun making stuff and being creative then getting bored of doing the fiddly methodical work at the end.

Depends if you're disciplined about attending to all the stages in a project. I'm lazy and easily distracted so I make myself finish for the sake of getting stuff completed. Otherwise i'd just have a hard drive full of WIP that I can't be arsed to finish.....

josephjobling
11-03-2009, 05:42 PM
my brother prefers you method jay - and it is true i do tend to have a bit of unfinished work - however if i didn't get a break from my tracks i'd never get them done - short attention span.........

The_Laughing_Man
12-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I work in bursts.
I spend a week working on ideas, then go back when I can be objective, pick the good stuff and methodically work through it all to finish it off.

I think the ethic of finishing everything off leads to attatchment to what might be absolute shite tunes.

My ratio is probably for every 15 tracks I get into a general basic idea, I will finish maybe 2.

curly
12-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the advice, Think i will get tracks as far as i can, but maybe return to them if and when my production improves.

278d7e64a374de26f==