PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at a complete track

magneze
20-03-2009, 04:30 PM
After creating all sorts of odd loops I thought I'd try to actually make a whole track. :biggrin:

Any feedback gratefully received ... I'm still learning!

http://soundcloud.com/magneze/newbie

curly
21-03-2009, 09:55 PM
A good first attempt. The road to learning is a long one, that i am still at the beginning of myself, so I will give you a few pointers in the right direction, nothing technical here.

make your tracks shorter, I learned more by writing shorter tracks, buy putting as much effort into a 4 min tune as an 8 min, and writing more tracks you get more experience.

Keeps your tracks moving, by this i mean try to keep the listeners interest with variation and automation. I am assuming you have written your track in 16 bar blocks, try not to have any 2 blocks the same, try taking parts out as well as just adding new ones. also try some variations in the last bar of each block, maybe move the kicks about, or a hight hat roll, or even drop out a synth part for just the 1 bar, bringing it back in the the next part will grab the listeners attention.

Layer up some more percussion, maybe a 16th Shaker pattern, or add some more hats.

I learned a lot from copying other peoples work. don't worry if it don't sound the same, but try and copy there arrangement, bring the bass in when they do, add a synth part when they do. remove a synth part when they do etc.

The best way is to practice, just keep writing, you will find each one is better than the last.

magneze
22-03-2009, 09:28 PM
:smile:Cheers! That's some nice feedback.

278d7e64a374de26f==