PDA

View Full Version : all to play for

Numeric
21-03-2009, 05:06 PM
bring it kopites

united just lost again, i listened to it on the radio, from what i can gather fulham absolutely battered us in the first half, edwin made some good saves, then we came back in the second half and should have scored, it sounded as though we were poundin them at one point, schwarzer kept fulham's lead safe, then they scored the second on the break

rooney sent off as well as scholes, shockin

all to play for now

phantomdj
21-03-2009, 05:59 PM
bring it kopites, all to play for now

ahaha, seems you are not so cocky now then, eh? So you will be without Scholes, Rooney and Vidic! ... Are the walls crumbling down now? A liverpool win tomorrow will put immense pressure on the mancs and Fergie's red face is just a joke. rooney is pathetic and it really is sad that the sore losers always resort to the usual tricks of over-the-top aggression when they are losing. Fergie really is a sore loser and Rooney is the a prime example of his ego, but on the pitch instead.

oh the joy watching united lose once again! that's 4 losses this season. can't wait for arsenal to inflict another one on you! well done Fulham! I just hope we dont waste this perfect opportunity to put even more pressure on Fergie.

Chelsea lost as well! amazing... and that other team evershi*e

force
21-03-2009, 07:27 PM
ahaha, seems you are not so cocky now then, eh? So you will be without Scholes, Rooney and Vidic! ... Are the walls crumbling down now? A liverpool win tomorrow will put immense pressure on the mancs and Fergie's red face is just a joke. rooney is pathetic and it really is sad that the sore losers always resort to the usual tricks of over-the-top aggression when they are losing. Fergie really is a sore loser and Rooney is the a prime example of his ego, but on the pitch instead.

oh the joy watching united lose once again! that's 4 losses this season. can't wait for arsenal to inflict another one on you! well done Fulham! I just hope we dont waste this perfect opportunity to put even more pressure on Fergie.

Chelsea lost as well! amazing... and that other team evershi*e

Bet you've been praying for something like this, ya bloody cheat.

:lol:

djfase
22-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I went to fulham game yesterday and have to say utd were outplayed completely. Def red for scholes but dubious rooney.

The amount of whinging for utd was unbelievable. Everytime the whistle went they moaned.

Berbatov? Absolute shocker. If u play 1 upfront he it not the guy to do it. Never moved the whole time he was on.

Great game to watch, and it looks like utd are wobbling.

xes
23-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Care free, where ever you may be. WHO THE F*CK ARE CFC
and we don't give a f*ck, if Drogba's hurt his knee
you got done by the spurs on saturday.

f*cking whoareya?

*throws a bottle*

Numeric
23-03-2009, 11:30 AM
the pressure is on now but i'd be very surprised if united throw the title away, the team are more than capable of winning every game

we're still in a much stronger position than liverpool

Numeric
23-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I went to fulham game yesterday and have to say utd were outplayed completely. Def red for scholes but dubious rooney.

The amount of whinging for utd was unbelievable. Everytime the whistle went they moaned.

Berbatov? Absolute shocker. If u play 1 upfront he it not the guy to do it. Never moved the whole time he was on.

Great game to watch, and it looks like utd are wobbling.

from what i could gather on the radio united bossed the second half for 20-25 mins, and when i spoke to one of my kopite mates who watched the whole game in the pub, he agreed and said united did really well with ten men, so i don't know where you have got 'outplayed completely' from

djfase
23-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Mate utd played well for 15 mins at most.

They were lucky not to be 3 or 4 down in the first half. My bro in law who is a fulham player but also a utd fan was surprised how little utd offered.

Scholesy sat behind me during second half and he said himself he couldnt believe how bad utd were playing

Take ur blinkers off and accept u were well and truly done by a team u have hammered twice this season

SlavikSvensk
23-03-2009, 07:57 PM
have to say, liverpool are playing lights out at the moment. 4-0 against real. 4-1 against united. 5-0 against aston villa. that's a pretty remarkable run. imagine it will get tougher from this point, and united have an extra match to play at this point, but i'd be worried if i were a united fan...

C.O.Prodigy
23-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Riera's goal againts Villa, top stuff.

Numeric
24-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Take ur blinkers off and accept u were well and truly done by a team u have hammered twice this season

united had seven shots on target to fulham's eight, united had better posession, hardly indicates a 'hammering'

basslinejunkie
24-03-2009, 01:04 PM
us against fulham is now th ebiggest game of the season.if we can turn them over and go 2 points clear, the mancs will be under massive pressure without most of their big players for the villa game.

Spacehopper
24-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Riera's goal againts Villa, top stuff.

definitely! i dont think riera has had the credit he deserves this season.....he has given liverpool such a better balance and he always produces good performances........always keeps posession, runs at defenders and swings good crosses in....something that liverpool have been needing

Spacehopper
24-03-2009, 02:31 PM
us against fulham is now th ebiggest game of the season.if we can turn them over and go 2 points clear, the mancs will be under massive pressure without most of their big players for the villa game.

i agree.............plus brad friedels red card he got against us has been rescinded so he'll be back for the united game..

Numeric
24-03-2009, 04:25 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/mm3jmw.gif

C.O.Prodigy
24-03-2009, 11:04 PM
definitely! i dont think riera has had the credit he deserves this season.....he has given liverpool such a better balance and he always produces good performances........always keeps posession, runs at defenders and swings good crosses in....something that liverpool have been needing

100% agreed, suupa pleyer

SlavikSvensk
05-04-2009, 10:00 PM
each won this weekend...

Numeric
06-04-2009, 08:40 AM
did you think you were gonna win the league for a minute there kopites? :lol:

best result of the season thus far, can't beleive we won that with the amount of players we had missing

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs016.snc1/2637_1105298321997_1512953226_250781_4926577_n.jpg

:)

Numeric
06-04-2009, 01:25 PM
no kopites today?

didn't think there would be :lol:

Spacehopper
06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
no kopites today?

didn't think there would be :lol:

anyone would think we had lost and are out of the title race....

united still have some tough fixtures.....harder fixtures than liverpool anyway so theres no need to get carried away....

theyll probably start losing again when the big guns come back...

good finish though by that player most united fans had never heard of either

Will
06-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Looking good for United now... The international break came at a good time for them, like Fergie said, dunno if they'd have beat Villa otherwise, though they're in even worse form of course.

Spacehopper
06-04-2009, 06:13 PM
can anyone explain how 5 extra minutes got added on at the end? dont remember seeing too many injuries or stoppages......usual shenanigans

fatcollective
06-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Great win for united yesterday, it was a must win game, a draw was no good. the international break was good for united, they needed a break to re-group. its gonna go to the wire, i can see all top 4 dropping points, so deffo a spicey end to the season!

come on united!

Insomnia
06-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Finnished my treble in the bookies of Arsenal, Everton and United...

Numeric
07-04-2009, 08:35 AM
can anyone explain how 5 extra minutes got added on at the end? dont remember seeing too many injuries or stoppages......usual shenanigans

liverpool were gifted four extra minutes against fulham

Microdot
07-04-2009, 12:36 PM

bitter.

phantomdj
07-04-2009, 12:51 PM
bitter.

it's hard not to be when you did not deserve it...

you can't levy that same charge against liverpool who demolished (apart from goals) fulham, who in turn, demolished man united the previous week!

haha.

Numeric
07-04-2009, 01:04 PM

you can't levy that same charge against liverpool who demolished (apart from goals) fulham, who in turn, demolished man united the previous week!

haha.

:cry:

fatcollective
07-04-2009, 05:42 PM

haha.

we already put 7 goals past fulham this season, so goes to show united were just having an off day!

Numeric
11-04-2009, 05:02 PM
that was scary

macheda saved us again, bless the lad

we're hangin on a bit in the title race at the moment, need to start performing and soon

Spacehopper
11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
chelsea were lucky aswell by the sounds of things.....

yep another scrappy one for united......bastards

phantomdj
12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
chelsea were lucky aswell by the sounds of things.....

yep another scrappy one for united......bastards

indeed, united are fluking wins.

fergie is clearly worried, haha.

Insomnia
12-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Just back from Wigan..

Shame we didn't have Arshavin at the start of the season..

Numeric
13-04-2009, 10:04 AM
some sick goals from arsenal on saturday, they're lookin dangerous

Numeric
23-04-2009, 09:04 AM
normal service resumed at old trafford last night, more or less

we played well, seemed to ease off a bit in the second half and pompey had a couple of good chances, united should have scored more, giggs in particular

3 points clear with a game in hand, what now kopites? :)

Microdot
23-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Just back from Wigan..

Shame we didn't have Arshavin at the start of the season..

looks like he's shaping up to be another excellent Wenger signing.

phantomdj
23-04-2009, 12:55 PM
normal service resumed at old trafford last night, more or less

we played well, seemed to ease off a bit in the second half and pompey had a couple of good chances, united should have scored more, giggs in particular

3 points clear with a game in hand, what now kopites? :)

smug after that crap performance? scraping wins! it won't go on until the end of the season!

Numeric
23-04-2009, 01:08 PM
smug after that crap performance? scraping wins! it won't go on until the end of the season!

where have you heard it was a crap performance? because whoever told you that shit is either a liar or just plain stupid

united had 17 shots to portsmouth's 4

you call that scraping a win?

:lol: idiot

Insomnia
23-04-2009, 08:56 PM
looks like he's shaping up to be another excellent Wenger signing.

Aye mate your right, pity he aint able to play in the Champions league but defo gonna help us out in next seasons quest for glory..

Spacehopper
23-04-2009, 10:20 PM
.yes he does look class....

but if liverpool hadnt gifted him the chances that he took so well then he would have had a quiet game and nobody would be talking about him..

Insomnia
23-04-2009, 10:46 PM
.yes he does look class....

but if liverpool hadnt gifted him the chances that he took so well then he would have had a quiet game and nobody would be talking about him..

Oh come on man, you guys were chasing the dream of winning the league, if you were that good then surely you'd have a couple guys on him to prevent his subline skills, not taking anyting away from the Pool but it's obvious to see that Arshavin has that extra bit of magic and if so why did benitiez not have him marked proper throughout the game..

Like i said on Saturday, Wenger was daft to leave hime out, he was hungry the other night and he done every Goonner proud!

I'm telling you i aint seen anyone never stop for 90 mins quite like him, fab buy and good on Wenger!

Spacehopper
23-04-2009, 11:10 PM
why did we need a couple of men to mark him???? can you tell me what he did that didnt come from a **** up of liverpools? it wasnt as if he was menaciing our defence, skinning them and creating chances by himself was it? it was from our own silly mistakes that he capatilised on...granted the counter attack was class but if we hadnt had gifted him his goals then that would have never happened.....

Insomnia
23-04-2009, 11:22 PM
why did we need a couple of men to mark him???? can you tell me what he did that didnt come from a **** up of liverpools? it wasnt as if he was menaciing our defence, skinning them and creating chances by himself was it? it was from our own silly mistakes that he capatilised on...granted the counter attack was class but if we hadnt had gifted him his goals then that would have never happened.....

Well it was obvious that he was always a danger with the likes of Adebayor and Van Persie missing, surely you thought we'd have a danger man and prove me wrong was he not not the man who upset your dreams, maybe i'm justy living up the moment but he showed the difference between ordinary and class, esp at Anfiled and the pressure you guys put against us he seemed to of been left to much space to show his class, i just think he may have been underestimated but he defo has proved to us that he's a fighter and that's the kinda guy we need at Arsenal right now!

Insomnia
23-04-2009, 11:24 PM
4 shots on goal and 4 goals does that no answer your question surely!!

Spacehopper
23-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Well it was obvious that he was always a danger with the likes of Adebayor and Van Persie missing, surely you thought we'd have a danger man and prove me wrong was he not not the man who upset your dreams, maybe i'm justy living up the moment but he showed the difference between ordinary and class, esp at Anfiled and the pressure you guys put against us he seemed to of been left to much space to show his class, i just think he may have been underestimated but he defo has proved to us that he's a fighter and that's the kinda guy we need at Arsenal right now!

exactly what im saying...arshavin was just in the right place at the right time, yes he has upset our dreams but it could easily have been avoided with a bit more awareness and communication at the back..........im not doubting he is a class player because i know that he is and he made us pay for our mistakes but without the mistakes would he have still made an impact? i doubt it...

Insomnia
23-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Well that's your problems and not ours so you have to ask questions of your own team if they were out all out for the win!

All i'm bothered about is our fighting spirit and not to forget we just played Chelsea in the semi at the wkend and you played **** all, so it's your team that let you down not mine bud!

Numeric
24-04-2009, 10:13 AM
it's interesting that little has been mentioned of reina's inept display, i don't think he made one save in the whole game :lol:

tbf arshavin's second and fourth were sublime strikes

djfase
24-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Agreed

basslinejunkie
25-04-2009, 01:19 PM
it's interesting that little has been mentioned of reina's inept display, i don't think he made one save in the whole game :lol:

tbf arshavin's second and fourth were sublime strikes

because they only had 4 shots all game and scored four goals........!!!!!

he had no chance with 3 of the goals,slight question mark about arseshavings 3rd but even that would be nit picking.

Insomnia
25-04-2009, 02:58 PM
because they only had 4 shots all game and scored four goals........!!!!!

A sign of class that's for sure, bet Chelsea would have paid 30 million for him..

djfase
25-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Cant see why everyone is going mad over wenger signing another "Gem"?

Weve all know about him for some time, but cos wenger signs him, its another gem unearthed.

Fact is no one would be held to ranson for the fee, only arsenal

Insomnia
25-04-2009, 08:02 PM
That were some comeback from Man Utd in the 2nd half...

phantomdj
26-04-2009, 06:38 AM
That were some comeback from Man Utd in the 2nd half...

It's always easier to come back into a game when the referee is a fan! the cheat.

force
26-04-2009, 10:14 AM
It's always easier to come back into a game when the referee is a fan! the cheat.

You sweat 'bitterness', phantom.

I love reading your posts..

phantomdj
26-04-2009, 01:01 PM
You sweat 'bitterness', phantom.

I love reading your posts..

with cause!

Spacehopper
26-04-2009, 01:08 PM

haha definitley!! how he couldnt see that the ball completly changed direction when he won it was unbeliveable....spurs fell to bits after that

djfase
26-04-2009, 01:27 PM
See on the goals on sunday this morning that in referees rules it was indeed classed as a foul.. The keeper may well have touched the ball, but in turn went through the player.

If it was a corner and the player went through the keeper it would be a foul. So wheres the problem?

IMO it was a good save, but who am i to question tthe "Rules"

Numeric
27-04-2009, 11:52 AM

yeah, the ref gave us a penalty on purpose :lol: have a word

united have had a number of nailed on penalties waved away this season, and we didn't get the decision last week in the fa cup semi final either, so **** it, i say we were due for one to go our way

in any case, united's come back was incredible :)

Microdot
27-04-2009, 11:56 AM
haha definitley!! how he couldnt see that the ball completly changed direction when he won it was unbeliveable....spurs fell to bits after that

The ball changed direction because Carrick knocked it that way. The keeper may have touched it after, it's hard to be certain from the replays I've seen.
Not saying it was a deffo pen, just pointing out that the ball changing direction doesn't mean it wasn't a pen.

Can't see how anyone can blame Webb for it though, he only got one look at it, wheras we all get to see as many replays as we like.
After about 50 replays I still can't be certain either way.

It's also worth pointing out to any bitter skause on here that their first goal on Saturday was in no way a free kick, so they too have had their fair share of luck this weekend.
tbh, Utd have been robbed of a handful of legit pens this season, so it's nice to have a debatable one go our way.

Will
27-04-2009, 04:35 PM
United only started playing well once they got the penalty, plus Spurs went to pieces, so that helped United somewhat. I would say Webb has handed United the title, but Boro away and City and Arsenal at home are still potential banana skins.

Will
27-04-2009, 04:37 PM
On the other hand it's another laughable display against United, or at least it turned into one once Webb gave them the pen. Who can forget when they went from 3-0 up to 5-3 down at home?

Spacehopper
27-04-2009, 05:50 PM
i dont think webb even booked ronaldo when he threw his shirt into the crowd....

absolute joke

Insomnia
27-04-2009, 07:42 PM
i dont think webb even booked ronaldo when he threw his shirt into the crowd....

absolute joke

He was defo booked, i know cos i lost points in my dream team...

Spacehopper
27-04-2009, 08:11 PM
oh fair enough......thats a point, i havent checked my dream team in months!!

Microdot
28-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I would say Webb has handed United the title, but..........

but if you did you would be talking absolute knackers and you know it.

Spurs were still winning that game after Ronaldo scored the pen, don't see how they can blame anyone but themselves for getting a proper fcuking hiding.
Absolute cowards to a man, and I find it hard to believe that Harry "hack you up with an hatchet" Redknap is even trying to defend them by blaming it all on one incident.
If I was in his shoes, I'd be directing my anger at my own players and not the ref, who, despite being a pig, is probably the best ref in the prem.

Will
28-04-2009, 04:42 PM
United weren't playing well 'til the pen and it was definitely a pivotal moment, goals change games as they say and it's obvious Spurs lack mental strength this season, that's why they were in danger of being relegated. You see in tennis a players head goes down when a decision goes against them and they often lose and one point in tennis is a lot less important than a goal in football.

Also, judging from the commentary on 5 Live Scholes should have been sent off, they said he made 3 yellow card worthy fouls shortly after coming on, then he kicked the ball away which is a 4th yellow card offence.

Numeric
29-04-2009, 11:59 AM
United weren't playing well 'til the pen and it was definitely a pivotal moment

Also, judging from the commentary on 5 Live Scholes should have been sent off, they said he made 3 yellow card worthy fouls shortly after coming on, then he kicked the ball away which is a 4th yellow card offence.

it was a pivotal moment, but united were practically laying siege to the tottenham goal before the pen, i'm fairly confident united would have scored even if the pen had been denied

and as for 5live, i used to like their coverage but i've listened to two united games on there recently and i have to say that they've gone down hill in my opinion, the sunderland game for example, they gave the impression that united played shit and didn't deserve to win, then, when i watched the game replayed on mutv, i was shocked as united's performance was reasonable and we were well worthy of the three points

so **** 5live

Microdot
29-04-2009, 12:26 PM

Alan Green makes no attempt to hide his hate for Man Utd, I'd take anything said on 5live about Utd with a big pinch of salt.
From your previous posts I'd assumed you'd actually watched the game tbh.

djfase
29-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Alan green is a liverpool fan isnt he?

Microdot
30-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Alan green is a liverpool fan isnt he?

think so. the way he wanks lyrical about them week in, week out, he must be.

Will
30-04-2009, 06:51 PM
5 Live ALWAYS commentate on Man U if they're playing no matter what else is going on, plus Alan Green was saying he was just as vehement about how Man U should have had a pen against Everton, so how anyone can say they're biased against Man U I don't know.

Numeric
01-05-2009, 12:15 PM
5 Live ALWAYS commentate on Man U if they're playing no matter what else is going on, plus Alan Green was saying he was just as vehement about how Man U should have had a pen against Everton, so how anyone can say they're biased against Man U I don't know.

the reason why they always cover the united games is because we're the current champions and league leaders

and not even alan green could deny that united should have had the penalty at wembley

trust me man, they are bias against united, the commentators practically creamed when sunderland equalised a few weeks back, and their disgust was apparent when united got the winner

Microdot
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
......so how anyone can say they're biased against Man U I don't know.

Alan Green detests Utd and makes no effort whatsoever to hide the fact. The rest of the 5live team are not as bad, but I'd still class them as ABUs.

To be fair, Green shouldn't even be broadcasting after some of the racist comments he's made about African players over the years. He's a poisonous little cunt who would be put to better use as soap or lampshades.

Microdot
01-05-2009, 12:57 PM
5 Live ALWAYS commentate on Man U if they're playing no matter what else is going on,

That's because the Utd game is always the biggest game on, no matter what else is going on.

Will
01-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Hardly!

Microdot
02-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Hardly!

in denial.

Numeric
04-05-2009, 10:54 AM
well pleased with the result against boro

united were a bit sloppy in the first half but some of our passing and movement in the second was lush

happy that giggs got a goal, nice finish, park's was quality as well

Spacehopper
04-05-2009, 02:32 PM
yea its looking as if united are gonna make it 18....

watched the game....not a bad performance by united, thought rooney had a good game...the pass to Park for his goal was class

djfase
04-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Does rooney have a bad game anymore?

His work rate is second to none. Every team needs a player like that

phantomdj
04-05-2009, 07:15 PM
think so. the way he wanks lyrical about them week in, week out, he must be.

hahaha that's stupid. he just appreciates the fact that recently our football has been a pleasure to watch for the neutral.

he is most certainly not a liverpool fan in the way you think. prior to this recent season, he had a go at our team perpetually. in fact, i used to be irritated at his pro-united reporting.

and going back to webb, ... he is known to be a united fan and he was clearly desperate to give united a penalty to get them back in the game. i cant stand the man because he is clearly unprofessional.

Numeric
05-05-2009, 09:52 AM
and going back to webb, ... he is known to be a united fan and he was clearly desperate to give united a penalty to get them back in the game. i cant stand the man because he is clearly unprofessional.

source?

Microdot
05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Does rooney have a bad game anymore?

His work rate is second to none. Every team needs a player like that

not seen him have a bad game since he came to Utd tbh. a couple of occasions where he's struggled to get involved (not for a long while now though), and a couple more where he's missed good chances, but never what you'd call "a bad game".
the man is a beast, I can't think of a single player on the planet I'd swap him for.

basslinejunkie
05-05-2009, 01:21 PM
rooney has been in top form recently it must be said.

Numeric
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
the man is a beast, I can't think of a single player on the planet I'd swap him for.

word

Will
05-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I'd take the likes of Messi or Gerrard over Rooney I think! Good though he is.

Microdot
06-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I'd take the likes of Messi or Gerrard over Rooney I think! Good though he is.

well, I'm glad you're not managing my team then.

Numeric
11-05-2009, 08:36 AM
not lookin good now is it kopites?

united need four points from three games, and then it's heart break again on merseyside :lol:

solid performance from united yesterday, amazing strike from tevez, i hope he stays

force
11-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Ain't this the one where you equal Liverpools league title record?

Numeric
11-05-2009, 10:53 AM
yep :)

and if we retain the champions league then it's four european cups to liverpool's five, it'll not be long before the kopites won't be able to to claim they are the most successful english club any longer

force
11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
yep :)

and if we retain the champions league then it's four european cups to liverpool's five, it'll not be long before the kopites won't be able to to claim they are the most successful english club any longer

No wonder Phantoms losing it!!!

Numeric
11-05-2009, 02:18 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2d77syv.gif

:lol:

Spacehopper
11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
nah of course its disapointing that its most probably not going to happen but this season we have improved so much....im just glad that we have pushed united till the end and i dont think next season will be any different....

thing is if torres had have been fit throughout the season it may have been a different story and united would have been a few points behind us..

but the best thing about it is in which the way we have played (minus the shitty draws throughout jan) but recently we have battered teams and played some excellent exciting football and thats not always been the case at Liverpool, we have also beaten all the best teams in Premiership and that does not happen much...

Liverpool are on the up and if Benitez buys the right players and offloads who he needs to get rid of then we will be up there again no question...

United havent been the same side as last season and whoever says they have been at there best this year is deluded, but they have still managed to grind out scrappy results where as liverpool faultered when they were goin through the bad patch and thats why it is like it is

Numeric
12-05-2009, 01:26 PM
it's fair to say that united haven't been at their best this season, but we're still top of the league, and champions league finalists, so i'm happy :)

Microdot
12-05-2009, 01:44 PM
nah of course its disapointing that its most probably not going to happen but this season we have improved so much....im just glad that we have pushed united till the end and i dont think next season will be any different....

thing is if torres had have been fit throughout the season it may have been a different story and united would have been a few points behind us..

but the best thing about it is in which the way we have played (minus the shitty draws throughout jan) but recently we have battered teams and played some excellent exciting football and thats not always been the case at Liverpool, we have also beaten all the best teams in Premiership and that does not happen much...

Liverpool are on the up and if Benitez buys the right players and offloads who he needs to get rid of then we will be up there again no question...

United havent been the same side as last season and whoever says they have been at there best this year is deluded, but they have still managed to grind out scrappy results where as liverpool faultered when they were goin through the bad patch and thats why it is like it is

it's not actually over yet, but it's fair to say that Utd haven't been at their best for most of the season, although a couple of performances have surpassed anything from last season (with the possible exception of last season's FA Cup game vs Arsenal).

it's also fair to say that Utd are top of the league because they have been the best team in the country (so far) this season.

Numeric
12-05-2009, 03:32 PM
phantom's never coming back is he? :lol:

Will
12-05-2009, 04:42 PM
You'll miss him if that's the case!

Will
12-05-2009, 04:46 PM
well, I'm glad you're not managing my team then.

Surely the fact I'm an Arsenal fan and have no experience of management would mean you were already glad i'm not managing Man U. That and the fact you've already got Fergie. When I managed Man U on Champ manager I released all your best players, bought the cheapest players I could find for millions and offered them huge wages and generally tried to bankrupt them, though new boards kept coming in and clearing the debts...

They didn't sack me though!

278d7e64a374de26f==