PDA

View Full Version : Real Djs

vinvanman
27-03-2009, 09:04 PM
a new track i'm working on, word by dj bone, do you think he'll mind?

http://213.129.73.14/users_audio/15415/DT_ACF5D495431511.mp3

curly
29-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Like this track, the bass sits nicely, the acid line with high resonance is nicely done as is the rest of the synth work. my only real comment is that i could not hear the vocals clearly but this may have been your intention.

DarkYoung
29-03-2009, 02:31 PM
top drawer mate. like it well hardcore.

vinvanman
04-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks lads for taking the time to listen and comment on my tune.

@ curly, I'm glade yea liked it. yea i agree the voice does need a tad more volume, cheers mate for the pointer .

@DarkYoung, nice 1, for me thats great feed back :)

DannyBlack
06-04-2009, 11:10 PM
alreet mate! top stuff. I really see where you're going with this. I feel like theres a couple of dry bits in there, is that the aim? nice pounder out of you mate, keep it up.

vinvanman
11-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Cheers Danny, thanks for checking it out, I left some bits dry just to keep with the original 909 feel, i will try wet them a bit just to hear the results, could just the ticket :)

Little_Fella!
12-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Really enjoying the feel you got here...

That spacey lead sound sound which moves around and the sound you bring in at 1:49 complement each other well... good placing of your elements and thoughtful structure with rides and claps coming in quite deftly...

The perc you bring in at 1:14 is a tad dry and seems a bit loud too so put some verb on the send and then nudge the volume down a tad... your other bits of percussion are a bit dry as mentioned - - so lend some attention to these - it don't need much just to get them to sit a little bit further back in the mix...

Am on headphones but the bass seems a bit static, so some light Lfo treatment needed, and needs some sub to thicken it up a bit - - there is also some muddiness coming from here and the kick - take out about 4db with eq at around 350 - 400hz with high Q ratio (thin scoop) over the whole mix... are you side chaining a compressor to the kick on your bass at all??

Ok... try that n then look at each of your sounds and see how 'big' they are and whether they can be made bigger with either less eq shaving on the bottom end, and/or a bit of light chorus/short delay etc.. have a play around with each sound using various effects you have and see what you come up with - tis good for future reference to play around with each sound just to see how it can be manipulated to make it more interesting....

This too has promise so look forward to the next edit... hope that helps :cool:

vinvanman
12-04-2009, 02:19 AM
WOW, Thanks for the great feed back, i'm a tad wasted now, so i will try work with your advise tomorrow, thanks Little Fella!

vinvanman
12-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks again Little Fella! Your tips seem to be helping the mix along nicely, I do have my kick s/c'd to the bass, the set up was Thres -11db, ratio 00.1 attack 5.2, hold 38msec, release 90msec, gain 0,

I've changed the thres to -21db, and i seem to be getting a bit more of the kick. i'll post the results soon ;)

BloodStar
12-04-2009, 02:42 PM
hey mate, pretty nice starter. track deffiniĆ*tely has potential to be big tune once finished..

i am liking the shuffling feel you have got in there. pretty funky. nice work on the hats/rides,but mids seem to be bit empty, tho. I would work on some percussions and the most important thing, track needs more beef in sub bass region,. i would try to place 1 fat sub below the kick, make the kick tad thinner, and then fit the groove bassline righht above it,. use eq, then add some compressions,. now, the energy in the bottom end seems to be bit inconsistent, you have got somehing there but this impact is not like it could be,. needs more definition and thump.

work it out and post next version :)

278d7e64a374de26f==